Author Topic: Traitor or not, I miss Ray...  (Read 7637 times)

Traitor or not, I miss Ray...
« on: November 03, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He just buried a game-winner (on a 4 point play) against the Nuggets.  We could definitely use him right now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Traitor or not, I miss Ray...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He just buried a game-winner (on a 4 point play) against the Nuggets.  We could definitely use him right now.

Quoted for truth.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I wanted him back, I can't lie.

Strongly dislike his whiny little school girl behind though.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrnfcY5cPqw

It just doesn't look or feel right.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
He's certainly outplaying the C's guards at the moment.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Doc should show this to Terry and Lee.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Ray can hit the corner 3, that's for sure....and with Lebron and Wade penetrating and dishing off, he'll get his looks. 

It's not only that Ray left, but that he went to the Heat....Take Ray off the Heat roster, and they are that much close to being beatable....they really have no other consistent bench performers.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Who?!
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
yeah he makes them so much better...and with the way JEt and Lee are playing i get even more upset...

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:56:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
6th man of the year?

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
No doubt.  His shooting last year was fantastic for most of the season pre-injury.  He's still got game.  Still probably the most clutch player in the game.  He was somewhat underappreciated here... still don't really blame him for bailing on us.  We didn't show him a ton of respect.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I don't fault Lee or Terry....give them time, they can play the game...they will help us.   I am still happy we got them both after Ray decided to go. 

With Ray, he is basically spending a lot of time standing outside the arc, and getting a lot of wide open looks....such as the game winner vs. Denver....and it was on a Lebron drive I believe.  Of course Ray will more than likely nail that shot....but I would bet that Terry and/or Lee would likely have nailed it too.  Being the 4th option on the Heat is not a tough gig....

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
With Ray, he is basically spending a lot of time standing outside the arc, and getting a lot of wide open looks....such as the game winner vs. Denver....and it was on a Lebron drive I believe.  Of course Ray will more than likely nail that shot....but I would bet that Terry and/or Lee would likely have nailed it too.  Being the 4th option on the Heat is not a tough gig....

I think that's giving way too little credit to Ray and his game.

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 11:11:38 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
6th man of the year?

Ugh. I hadn't even thought of that.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
 I couldn't care less about that guy and the rest of the Heat. The Allens were my favorite players on the team, but they decided to leave to have a better chance of reaching their goals somewhere else.

That guy on the Heat knows how to shoot (he's the best shooter alive, IMO), and he'll get a lot of good looks out of Lebron passes off the double team. No surprise here.

Comparing him to Terry and Lee is unfair. He's gone there to do that, he's just an upgrade over Mike Miller/James Jones. No big deal to learn his role, no adjustments, in fact the Heat has a one-page playbook: give it to LeBron and let him produce, or get the ball to Wade for the foul. Bosh and the rest of the crew get their shots out of that scheme, and so does that #34 guy.

Lee has to learn his role into the offense, but mostly into defense, and we're judging him on both ends of the floor. Terry has thrived in this role, but he's somewhat struggling. You can blame Jet-Lee, or you can look at a team trying to involve a lot of new players, some of them young. The Celtics are a work in progress, the Heat just upgraded a piece.

Wait until January, we'll have a better perception of the Celtic season. Even then, it'll be unfair to compare that guy to our guys, but now is totally out of place.

I miss Shaq and Sheed more than Ray.