Author Topic: Traitor or not, I miss Ray...  (Read 7679 times)

Re: Traitor or not, I miss Ray...
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
He won't keep this up. One 0 for a million behind the three game in the playoffs and the fans won't be missing him so much. I still like the long term prospects of this roster.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »

Kiorrik

He just buried a game-winner (on a 4 point play) against the Nuggets.  We could definitely use him right now.
Myeh, feels really weird seeing him hit that.

I'm not happy about him being gone either.

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 11:29:56 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
With Ray, he is basically spending a lot of time standing outside the arc, and getting a lot of wide open looks....such as the game winner vs. Denver....and it was on a Lebron drive I believe.  Of course Ray will more than likely nail that shot....but I would bet that Terry and/or Lee would likely have nailed it too.  Being the 4th option on the Heat is not a tough gig....

I think that's giving way too little credit to Ray and his game.

That was a wide open look...a lot of guys can hit that shot.  Don't get me wrong...I'd take Ray back in a heart-beat, and give up either of Terry or Lee...

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
oh come on... let's forgive Ray.  It's not his fault the Celtics tried trading him a dozen times, benched him for an unproven undersized shooting guard, signed Jason Terry and were going after Courtney Lee...

If we forgave Scal for stabbing us in the back and signing with the rival Bulls... we can forgive Ray.

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 11:34:04 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Coutney Lee was an afterthought. Danny was not expecting Ray to leave.

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Replacing Lebron with Pierce on that play, it would probably end up with Pierce missing a step back shot. Ray will get much more wide open in Miami. Smart choice.

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 11:50:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
None of those other guys talked like Ray did when he left.  We let Scal go that isn't the same as signing LarBrd33 with another team.   I don't recall us offering Scal a contract.  Ray is not the victim or saint you characterize him to be, but he is hardly a villanous scroundel either.

I am very happy with the time Ray gave us here.   But now he is on the team, I root against him when we play him.  I am a Celtic fan this has nothing to do forgiveness.   Not every fan shares every other fan's view.   You can miss him, but miss him, I do not, but I don't hate the guy unless we are playing him. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:39:47 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 11:55:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Ray Allen didn't fit in that well anymore. I would have liked to have kept him but he isn't big loss and Danny has done an excellent job supplying the team with alternative options on the perimeter.

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 12:06:01 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
He won't keep this up. One 0 for a million behind the three game in the playoffs and the fans won't be missing him so much. I still like the long term prospects of this roster.

I don't see why not. He's playing with three all-stars in their prime. All those Heat shooters will get plenty of open looks this season. Ray just happens to be the most clutch.

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 12:07:10 AM »

Offline karimb

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
My portfolio website: www.freshcontrast.com

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

I don't see why not. He's playing with three all-stars in their prime. All those Heat shooters will get plenty of open looks this season. Ray just happens to be the most clutch.

Ray had many phenomenal games for us, but he also had some terrible games at the worst possible times as well. Its not like he always had a hand in his face during those games, doc was pretty good at getting him freed up with screens.

I don't expect this to change just because hes playing with leroid

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 12:59:31 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!

Ray had many phenomenal games for us, but he also had some terrible games at the worst possible times as well. Its not like he always had a hand in his face during those games, doc was pretty good at getting him freed up with screens.

I don't expect this to change just because hes playing with leroid

Sure he'll have bad games. His bad games won't affect Miami as much as they would have in Boston though. He's icing on the cake in Miami.

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 01:01:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yup ... if he wasn't worth missing, we'd have no need to be bitter.

The guy was money in the bank, and no one set me as much at ease when shooting big free-throws, hitting game-winning tres, or moving off the ball.

One of the classiest guys to ever hit the NBA, which is why it was such a shock to me how he went about this thing, (classlessly).

A shame ... for everyone involved, and I think he wishes he could have this one back.

He burned a lot of bridges that will never be rebuilt here in New England.

But, oh, the Jet is a pretty sweet replacement, and I believe he's going to thrive here.

It will be interesting to see how the stats play out when all is said and done.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 01:02:11 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Said it before and was told it wasn't true by people with rose-colored glasses.

Allen > Terry > Lee > Pietrus

Ray's going to get his respect.

And we should be fine, but it's going to take a while. There's not a surprise with only 4 holdovers.

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 01:38:31 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Ray Allen fan or not, you gotta admit it: that shot was pretty darn clutch.

I'm in the boat that doesn't hate Ray, but I also don't think we should have kept him.  I like this year's roster a lot, and I don't think we're going to suffer without Allen on it.

That being said, I miss his daggers.  Those were the best.