Author Topic: Terry needs to step up  (Read 5005 times)

Terry needs to step up
« on: November 03, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Just watched ray ray hit a game winning three.  There was some discussion of whether ray was better than lee (with many here picking lee).  Most assumedee plus terry much better than ray.

Well, lee is decent but he ain't close to ray.  And right now terry is pretty much garbage.  Ray meanwhile is doing what a hall of fame player does.

Re: Terry needs to step up
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:34:47 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Just watched ray ray hit a game winning three.  There was some discussion of whether ray was better than lee (with many here picking lee).  Most assumedee plus terry much better than ray.

Well, lee is decent but he ain't close to ray.  And right now terry is pretty much garbage.  Ray meanwhile is doing what a hall of fame player does.

Last year at this time we were 0-3 and the sky was falling. We then proceeded to end up in a game 7 of the eastern conference finals.

Give it time.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
You know that shooters take a lot of time to get their groove. Look at Paul Pierce last season.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Terry needs more minutes. He has been a 30+ minute a night player his whole career. To be at his best, Jason Terry needs 28-32 minutes a game.

Doc needs to stop this four guards (Rondo, Terry, Lee, Barbosa) nonsense and play only three (Rondo, Terry, Lee) of them (with Bradley replacing Lee when he returns). Let his best players (Terry) get the amount of touches and shot attempts they need to play at their highest level.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 11:54:32 PM »

Offline karimb

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
Terry needs more minutes. He has been a 30+ minute a night player his whole career. To be at his best, Jason Terry needs 28-32 minutes a game.

Doc needs to stop this four guards (Rondo, Terry, Lee, Barbosa) nonsense and play only three (Rondo, Terry, Lee) of them (with Bradley replacing Lee when he returns). Let his best players (Terry) get the amount of touches and shot attempts they need to play at their highest level.

agreed.

Terry is not playing enough minutes and not getting enough shots.

Ray played 28 min today and shot 10 threes. (hit 6 of them).  We need to get Terry some open shots and get him in his groove. 
My portfolio website: www.freshcontrast.com

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Agreed.

Today was certainly a big step forward from the first two games though.  Not great by any means, but a definate improvement.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:09:39 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I feel like Rondo was doing a good job of letting other players handle the ball a bit in the preseason, now that we're into November he only hands it off to Pierce. Letting Jason Terry run a few pick and rolls as soon as he comes in will really help him find his shot right away.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 11:45:45 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I mean it was stupid of people to try to downplay replacing the greatest shooter ever with a career-bench player.

JET will get better with time, but he'll never meet those expectations people were putting on him in the off-season

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I mean it was stupid of people to try to downplay replacing the greatest shooter ever with a career-bench player.

JET will get better with time, but he'll never meet those expectations people were putting on him in the off-season
Terry has started of 60% of the games he has played in this league. He is not a career bench player.

He is also a rhythm shooter that needs the freedom to create for himself to be most effective. I don't see him being given that freedom right now. Or the minutes he needs to be most effective.

Doc has to sort out the back court rotation and get it down to three main players getting big minutes and the others being bit players. Going to be even tougher to do once AB comes back.

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 12:24:19 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I think he will.  Our expectations were only for him to be the player he has been his entire career: a guy who averages 17 points and 5 assists per 36 minutes, shooting 45% from the floor and 38% from long range, a guy who has been an absolute iron man throughout his NBA career, and a guy who was arguably the second best player on a championship squad a couple of years ago.

I think that from a talent standpoint, that there is no doubt that Jason Terry is our fourth or fifth best player.  I feel confident that he'll have some games soon where he plays up to his talent level, gets in a groove, and helps this team win some games.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
It was laughable to think lee was better then ray...literally laughable. But we thought he would fit right into what Bradley gave us...he hasn't. Hasn't helped Terry has been awful

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 12:39:01 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
It was laughable to think lee was better then ray...literally laughable. But we thought he would fit right into what Bradley gave us...he hasn't.

It's not really laughable.  He is better than Ray.  At least, he was last season, and he's two years younger. 

Three sub-par games do not make a season. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
It was laughable to think lee was better then ray...literally laughable. But we thought he would fit right into what Bradley gave us...he hasn't.

It's not really laughable.  He is better than Ray.  At least, he was last season, and he's two years younger. 

Yeah because ray wouldn't have put up at least 20 ppg on that rockets team last year...give me a break....lee is an average player with no upside.

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

But since you said 2years younger you must be talking about terry...I do think he could wind up being a better fit but ive never seen him look worse

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Yeah because ray wouldn't have put up at least 20 ppg on that rockets team last year...give me a break....lee is an average player with no upside.

Oops.  I read your post too quickly and at first thought you were writing about Terry, not Lee. 

My post was mistakenly about the JET (although this is a thread about Jason Terry).

DKC Seventy-Sixers: