Author Topic: it may be early, but I have seen enough and I am full  (Read 6957 times)

Re: it may be early, but I have seen enough and I am full
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Seriously, if you don't think he's doing a good job, go do better.

Even a good coach gets frustrating when you see the same bad habits game after game and season after season.  We've already seen one Doc's classic moves where a player will be great in a game (Barbosa) and then find himself virtually glued to the bench in the games immediately following that.  I mean, you can't say Barbosa has to sit because other people are playing so great.

And I will say that Boston has no chance to win a title if Brandon Bass, Jeff Green or Sully are going to be our only choices for backup center.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
If there's one words that describes the Celtics over the past 5 years, it's been unpredictable. It always has been. They always surprise me whether they're doing well or not doing so well.

-Did you see it coming when the Celtics were headed into tight seven game series with Atlanta and Cleveland before they won it all?
-Did you see it coming when the Celtics were going to make another long title run in 2010 when they had been playing .500 ball for half a season?
-Did you see it coming when the Celtics were going to give the Heat a tight seven game series after they struggled to beat Atlanta and Philadelphia last year?

The answer is no. No one saw those events coming, but the Celtics never cease to raise eyebrows. It's a long season, and there's plenty of basketball left to be played. This team may have some growing pains this year, but giving up on them this early, that's kinda pathetic.

You don't like what you see after just three games, then don't watch. Simple as that.

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If there's one words that describes the Celtics over the past 5 years, it's been unpredictable. It always has been. They always surprise me whether they're doing well or not doing so well.

-Did you see it coming when the Celtics were headed into tight seven game series with Atlanta and Cleveland before they won it all?
-Did you see it coming when the Celtics were going to make another long title run in 2010 when they had been playing .500 ball for half a season?
-Did you see it coming when the Celtics were going to give the Heat a tight seven game series after they struggled to beat Atlanta and Philadelphia last year?

The answer is no. No one saw those events coming, but the Celtics never cease to raise eyebrows. It's a long season, and there's plenty of basketball left to be played. This team may have some growing pains this year, but giving up on them this early, that's kinda pathetic.

You don't like what you see after just three games, then don't watch. Simple as that.

Why so angry?  Different strokes for different folks.  The only person in this world who is always right is me.  ;)

I actually did have pretty strong feelings we could make it to the Finals in '10, and take Miami to the brink last year.  Really, we blew 3-2 leads in both series.  I say we underachieved.

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I think the regular season will have it's up and downs, as it has for the past few years (ever since '07-08), but if healthy come playoff time, I think we will be a force to be dealt with.   And we just happened to have started the year on a down note.....

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 11:26:13 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I love revisionist history.

Should we have more than 1 banner to show for the KG/Paul/Ray era? Probably. Is it Doc's fault? Absolutely not.

07-08: Banner 17. Good times all around.
08-09: The quest for for Banner 18 gets off to a strong start. KG's knee has other ideas though, so quest ends prematurely.
09-10: We somehow get back to the Finals with a visibly less than 100% KG and an out of shape Rasheed Wallace, but Perk going down in game 6 takes the air out of our sails and Pau dominates the glass down the stretch.
10-11: A rejuvenated Shaq has us lookong like the team to beat, but he goes down and we lose our presence in the middle. And of course, "The Trade."
11-12: Jeff Green doesn't even get to start the season due to an aortic aneurysm. Chris Wilcox also goes down with a heart issue. Still, we push a talented Heat team to 7 games.

Looking at the FACTS, it would seem we've gotten dealt a few bad hands with injuries. Something I also notice, we still manage to fight and stay in the championship picture. 2 games into a new season, I'm certainly not throwing in the towel or calling for Doc's head. Honestly, we're lucky to have him. There's a reason why this team fights through adversity, why KG says he won't play for anyone else, a reason why he's consistently called one of the best coaches in the game by players and opposing coaches alike.

Seriously, if you don't think he's doing a good job, go do better.

TP.

But you forgot one:  Dwayne Wade's breaking of Rondo's arm in that second round series in 2011. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Look guys we lost to the Heat last season. Does it really matter whether it was game 7 or game 4. Celtics should not be about Moral victories, no proud organization should live on moral victories.

Doc Rivers gets too too many passes on this board. At some point we have to look at production on the court. One championship is not enough to show for the big3 period. It is not about the two losses we have suffered so far, it is how we have lost the games. The defense is non-existent, and the offense was subpar last night. At some point the coaching has to be questioned.
Um hello, we held the Wizards below 90 and they did not score in the last 2 minutes of regulation.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Look guys we lost to the Heat last season. Does it really matter whether it was game 7 or game 4. Celtics should not be about Moral victories, no proud organization should live on moral victories.

Doc Rivers gets too too many passes on this board. At some point we have to look at production on the court. One championship is not enough to show for the big3 period. It is not about the two losses we have suffered so far, it is how we have lost the games. The defense is non-existent, and the offense was subpar last night. At some point the coaching has to be questioned.
Um hello, we held the Wizards below 90 and they did not score in the last 2 minutes of regulation.
Oops, I did not realize the original post was posted before the game tonight. Hope you think otherwise now  ;D
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
They just grinds out a win against WAS.

While It was not the kind of win everyone is expecting, it will help with the teams psyche and will be more confident. Don't give up now, they're going to stack up some wins from now on.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 11:52:00 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
We brought in a lot of new and exciting players, but there is no gain from having new tools if you do not know how to use them. We have a coaching problem people.

In some ways I agree...

Garnett and Pierce are still featured as the nucleus of our team, but they are our oldest and slowest players. This negates all the speed we brought in. Our opponents are vastly younger and quicker than us, and it shows in the ease with which they score on us, and the fouls that they draw on our defense.

Doc gets the big bucks, and he has the players it is time to put the speed on the floor to run with Rondo, bring Pierce off the bench for Green at the three.

But this is not one of them.

KG and Pierce are playing big minutes, and guess why?  Because they are two of the top 3 players on this team (Rondo of course being the other).

In the first three games Pierce is averaging 20 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists. 

Garnett is averaging 13 points, 8 rebounds and 1.6 blocks.

Who do we have right now putting up better numbers per minutes than those guys?  Nobody.

Also Pierce isn't a bad player on the break.  He generally does run and when he does he's equally as capable of attacking the basket or spotting up for three. 

Green will be a good player for us, I'm sure of it...but he is not better than Pierce by any means.

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
EDIT: nevermind
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:25:23 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 08:02:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I hate to say it... cause KG is my favorite player....but we are NOT gonna win often if KG is sitting on the bench resting.

Face it ...when KG is sitting ...we suck. 90% of the time.   

For the Celtics to win consistant , KG is our Kobe/LBJ , he needs to be on the floor 35-40 minutes a game for the Celtics to have a chance.

The Celtics are NOT the Spurs , saving KG (for what ) there isn't alot more years left.   

I say put the pedal to the medal , and PLAY KG  so the Celtics can be winners.

He is our Derby Horse and we need to let him work . Play the minutes we need to be competitive.

I said it ...now shoot me.. ;D

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 08:14:34 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
All the whiners should just throw their computers out of the window and check in when the season is over. Jeeez.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I agree this is overreacting but I also think all the morale victory almost beating the heat stuff is just as comical....we got lucky last season playing the hawks and 76ers in the playoffs and chris bosh missing the first 5 games in the heat series didnt hurt either

who would we have faced that would be harder than the hawks and 76ers? A rose-less bulls? Nah.. chris bosh only missed the first 4 games, and Bradley missed most of the heat series. Against the heat, when bradley plays significant minutes we almost never lost to them.

Mmm no if rose doesnt get hurt we pretty much lose in the second round is my point, things lined up pretty well for us.
Chris Bosh came back off the bench in game 5 i believe? once he got his legs under him KG was a non factor and we didnt win another game..hate to say it.

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
nice win in Washington last night, but the team needs an identity. Are we going to run and gun with the kids or still be the grinding half court team with offense going through KG and PP.

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Laker won't even make playoffs

Oh Man I'd LOOOOOOVE THAT if it happened, lol

A Dream Come true.

Mike brown's head would be on a pike.

I predict Mike Brown will be fired before the All-Star break.
The beatings will continue until morale improves