Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Wizards (0-1) 11/3  (Read 27801 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Wizards (0-1) 11/3
« Reply #210 on: November 03, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
wow ...i missed this and now I'm glade after reading though the thread.  We beat the Wizards with out their two best players by  one point ?    ::)  what up wif dat ???

OMG...   its a win and I feel sick. Arrggggrrrr vomit

Never dreamed this team was this bad.  Now I'm not sure we can go .500 this month.

ALl I want for Christmas ... PLEASE SANTA Danny  ;D

Josh Smith in Celtic Green 

« Reply #211 on: November 03, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Non-existent offensive rebounding (only 6 offensive boards off of at least 44 missed shots: around 12%) & weak bench production (10-27 shooting AND bad defense) rearing their ugly heads from last season. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, hardly awe-inspiring, but good to get the first one out of the way.  Now time to get Green and Terry fully integrated.

« Reply #213 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll always take a win.

That, however, was not a win that leaves a great feeling.  So many things that are going to take time to fix.

1st, is some of the new guys aren't playing great.  Green and Terry standout here.  Terry surprises me, although he can be streaky, but Green has me truly concerned.  Still too timid.  He has plenty of tools to score, yet isn't agressive enough.  I think they should try to get him the ball more, and tell him to just attack.  He did it in the pre-season, so I know he can do it.

2nd, the defense will get better, but I'm afraid not to the level it was last season.  Hopefully Bradley helpsd here, which he should.  Still think we need another big, some one who is a legit starter.

Last, Docs rotations are way off. Bass and Sully should not be in the game together, ever.  I'm rather perplexed by Doc's thinkg here.  Also, Green needs to play as little PF as possible.  My favorite line-up involves Pierce at SG with Green at SF.  This is the other reason, I beleive we need to trade one, or two, of our SGs.

« Reply #214 on: November 03, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'll always take a win.

That, however, was not a win that leaves a great feeling.  So many things that are going to take time to fix.

1st, is some of the new guys aren't playing great.  Green and Terry standout here.  Terry surprises me, although he can be streaky, but Green has me truly concerned.  Still too timid.  He has plenty of tools to score, yet isn't agressive enough.  I think they should try to get him the ball more, and tell him to just attack.  He did it in the pre-season, so I know he can do it.

2nd, the defense will get better, but I'm afraid not to the level it was last season.  Hopefully Bradley helpsd here, which he should.  Still think we need another big, some one who is a legit starter.

Last, Docs rotations are way off. Bass and Sully should not be in the game together, ever.  I'm rather perplexed by Doc's thinkg here.  Also, Green needs to play as little PF as possible.  My favorite line-up involves Pierce at SG with Green at SF.  This is the other reason, I beleive we need to trade one, or two, of our SGs.

yep , I can this comming , if things don't change by Dec...DRASTICALLY..   Green , and about 3 others are gonna hit the road somewhere. Especially if AB can get back by late DEC.  We can dump a few people to get Smith. 

« Reply #215 on: November 03, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
wow ...i missed this and now I'm glade after reading though the thread.  We beat the Wizards with out their two best players by  one point ?    ::)  what up wif dat ???

OMG...   its a win and I feel sick. Arrggggrrrr vomit

Never dreamed this team was this bad.  Now I'm not sure we can go .500 this month.

ALl I want for Christmas ... PLEASE SANTA Danny  ;D

Josh Smith in Celtic Green

All I want for Christmas is Avery Bradley back - healthy and ready to go!

No offense Courtney, but this team is missing Avery.

« Reply #216 on: November 03, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I actually thought Green played well - didn't help on the boards, but scored pretty well in a variety of ways.

Terry struggled the most of anyone.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #217 on: November 03, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
in other news, Ray just hit a dagger 3 to save the heat from the nuggets

« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I actually thought Green played well - didn't help on the boards, but scored pretty well in a variety of ways.

Terry struggled the most of anyone.

I thought Green played decent.  Still has the timidness in him, at times, but is also still misused.  Doc forces too many minutes at PF for Green.  Tonight, not as much, so he ended up with fewer minutes overall.  He is good at SF, minutes are just tough there.

Terry is way off right now.  Seems he can't hit 3 to save his life.  His percentage must be terrible at the moment.  His defense has been atrocius as well.  He is doing some good things, like driving to the basket, just not often enough.  I suspect, ultimately, he will come around.  Too good and too proven to not. 

« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Still looking out of sync on both ends of the floor.  I think a lot of guys are pressing, e.g. Lee, Terry, Green, although I thought Jeff played reasonably well tonight.....but things looked forced on offense.   On defense, still making simple mistakes like rotations....they had a lot of good looks inside.   But a win is a win....

« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Lee is definately expendable, and once Bradley comes back I'd have no hessitation trading him.

We really need Terry and Green playing 25 - 28 minutes every night IMHO for them to be at their best.  In the minutes (and the touches) they are getting it just seems like they can't get any type of flow going.

Lee has been starting and yet he's barely provided more than what Terry and Green have off the bench in less minutes. 

No change in mentality yet - I'm gonna give these guys plenty more time to gel because no team that makes this many changes is dominant from the start.  In 3 weeks if they are still playing like this I'll be more worries.

Regardless I though today was a definate improvement over the first two games (at least the first half) though still nasty.