Author Topic: Doc is not a great coach but a good one..  (Read 2113 times)

Doc is not a great coach but a good one..
« on: November 03, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
All these years & Doc still doesn't trust when he's suppose to. You guys think I like bashing Rondo or the coach but I really don't. I love the Celtics & when I see what is hurting the team I point it out.  Doc is very lucky he has a Kevin Garnett on this team, because it really seems like whenever K.G. is subbed out the entire Celtics team look confused.

They say the players get praised for winning & the coach get blamed for losing. I blame both for both outcomes. Doc needs to trust guys that will produce & be effective. Barbosa last night only played a measely 7 minutes??? I mean c'mon. I'm sorry but Rondo dominated the ball way too much. He also dominates playing time 41 minutes???. Doc I think will retire when K.G. & Paul does, because he can't seem to trust anyone else but Rondo.

I watch the Rockets play recently & I absolutely love how they play. Sharing the ball, keeping the pace, & they have about 5 ball handlers & lots of playing time. I'm not saying McChale is a great coach, but he's not afraid to trust his players. You'll think James Harden was the pg of that team, but JLin is & he still puts up near tripple doubles #. I think an underlining issue with C's right now is the fact that all preseason long they started Sullinger, now for the Reg. season Bass is starting. The chemistry isn't there yet. Let's see what happens in game 3. Play Barbosa Doc!

Re: Doc is not a great coach but a good one..
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The turnover deal has to stop...the C's are playing ball like a high school team.

ROndo's sloppy passes and Pierce getting his pocket picked is getting old . Are they that poor ball handlers.?

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Whuh?

Please be patient...Doc is still a great coach, IMO.

We'll get it together.

Those who believe that BOS and LA won't be playing deep into the playoffs this year will be in for a huge surprise.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
On court chemistry is coming along slowly.

Im not close to worried yet.

Nor am I ready to change my opinion on Doc Rivers after two bad games.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:10:35 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Love our fanbase for the most part, but we also have a JOKE fanbase. Love the fanboys that come out swinging at Rondo, Doc, KG (soon), Pierce, you name it... after a few losses. 66% of our roster is new. Give it a break. Quit making threads for attention

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Love our fanbase for the most part, but we also have a JOKE fanbase. Love the fanboys that come out swinging at Rondo, Doc, KG (soon), Pierce, you name it... after a few losses. 66% of our roster is new. Give it a break. Quit making threads for attention

He's only sharing his opinion about Doc not trusting his bench players enough (which is incredibly true). He also trusts Rondo, KG, and Pierce way too much.

When Rondo/KG are off the court, this team is confused and scoring/defense doesn't come naturally to them. This is on the coach, and while he's done a decent job, he's not doing a great one.

I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is great for the players from what I heard.   He has lead some great comebacks and guys play hard for him.    But he loves to tinker and is obsessed with small ball.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:39 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Doc is a great coach when he has great players. He is a great father figure/mentor for our players. His rotations have always been shotty and he struggles running sets on offense. His defense is great and his out of bounds plays out of time outs are pretty stellar. I hate how he loves small ball and wont play centers. I'm a big fan of doc 85% of the time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:55:23 PM by pearljammer10 »

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Really?

Way too early for this.  It sucks to start the season like this, but there have been numerous times over the past five years where things have been way worse this this, despite winning a title, coming minutes away from another, and coming just short of a return to the NBA Finals last year. 

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If people who criticize Doc for not trusting his bench admit that when Rondo and KG are on the bench the team looks bad and disorganized, did you ever think, maybe that's why Doc distrusts the bench? SMH

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 01:21:36 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
After 2010 and their playoff run last year just to name a few examples, I think he's earned great coach status. And I also think his work pre-big 3 has gone underrated. Yes his records were not that good but those teams played hard and were competitive most of the time which is something that shouldn't be taken for granted. So I guess my point would be to wait until the end of the season when we have a consistent and shortened rotation where everyone is clear on their role.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Doc is still a great coach.  Calm down.  It's just a rough start like we always have.  We'll get it together.  The bench hasn't played well enough to be trusted.  Everyone of them has bombed so far except Barbosa. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
He was a  500 coach with his other teams.

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 02:01:44 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
He was a  500 coach with his other teams.
He was a .500 coach with .350 teams.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
If people who criticize Doc for not trusting his bench admit that when Rondo and KG are on the bench the team looks bad and disorganized, did you ever think, maybe that's why Doc distrusts the bench? SMH
or maybe they get little playing time and aren't comfortable?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk