Author Topic: Courtney Lee.. expendable?  (Read 6561 times)

Re: Courtney Lee.. expendable?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Lee is a major asset....as a rookie he shut down Ray Allen in the playoffs....can guard both 2's and 3's

No, that's bs Ray was just missing he had plenty of open shots in that series.

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
If Avery comes back and plays like he did last year, yes hes better...period

People forget that Avery had 14 good games last year out of 66.

How many has courtney lee had? none as a celtic and none since he was in orlando...couldnt care less the stats he put up for 2 of the worst teams in the NBA...I can see with my 2 own eyes he doesnt have half the impact defensivly,bradley had a positive impact in more then 14 games last season, that suggestion is laughable

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

How many has courtney lee had? none as a celtic and none since he was in orlando...couldnt care less the stats he put up for 2 of the worst teams in the NBA...I can see with my 2 own eyes he doesnt have half the impact defensivly,bradley had a positive impact in more then 14 games last season, that suggestion is laughable

What?  Courtney Lee had 4 years in College (17.6 points, 2 steals... 46%/40%/81%... 31 minutes) and 4 solid years in the pros (10 points, 1 steal, 44%/39%/83%... 27 minutes) to suggest he's a very capable scorer and defender.

We're mostly basing our interpretation of Avery Bradley off some red-hot games in April during the tail end of a lockout shortened season. 

For the record, Lee's April numbers weren't so bad either.  42% from three, 14 points, 1.6 steals per game.   For what it's worth... Bradley was the 269th most statistically productive player in the league last year.  Lee was 174th.  Gotta remember that Bradley only averaged 7 points and .7 steals during his huge "breakout" season.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:51:18 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

What?  Courtney Lee had 4 years in College and 4 solid years in the pros to suggest he's a very capable scorer and defender.

We're mostly basing our interpretation of Avery Bradley off some red-hot games in April during the tail end of a lockout shortened season. 

For the record, Lee's April numbers weren't so bad either.  42% from three, 14 points, 1.6 steals per game.   For what it's worth... Bradley was the 269th most statistically productive player in the league last year.  Lee was 174th.  Gotta remember that Bradley only averaged 7 points and .7 steals during his huge "breakout" season.

Bingo. TP for being on the same page LarBrd

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Enough flailing about. What would trading Lee prove. He is our only Guard with size. Everyone else is 6'3 or under.

Rebounding is not a problem and we haven't even seen what Wilcox can do. Barbosa looks great. Terry has been the most disappointing by far. Rather trade Terry for a promising PG to bring in behind Rondo and Bradley. Barbosa has great speed and good poise at PG. KG, Sulinger and Bass are too slow. Time to give Wilcox some run. He and Rondo had some nice chemistry a couple years ago.

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Enough flailing about. What would trading Lee prove. He is our only Guard with size. Everyone else is 6'3 or under.

Rebounding is not a problem and we haven't even seen what Wilcox can do. Barbosa looks great. Terry has been the most disappointing by far. Rather trade Terry for a promising PG to bring in behind Rondo and Bradley. Barbosa has great speed and good poise at PG. KG, Sulinger and Bass are too slow. Time to give Wilcox some run. He and Rondo had some nice chemistry a couple years ago.

Barbosa is going to be a valuable piece as a bench scorer, I do believe in that.
But I would say it's still very early to put emphasize on Jet's performance so far.
Still, it'd be good if we were able to get someone like Eric Bledsoe in uniform via trade.

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Barbosa is going to be a valuable piece as a bench scorer, I do believe in that.
But I would say it's still very early to put emphasize on Jet's performance so far.
Still, it'd be good if we were able to get someone like Eric Bledsoe in uniform via trade.

Is this a serious suggestion as to wanting Eric Bledsoe of Jason terry? Christ almighty ya'll are wacky. Can't wait our first win so everyone can calm the explicitive down.

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Is this a serious suggestion as to wanting Eric Bledsoe of Jason terry? Christ almighty ya'll are wacky. Can't wait our first win so everyone can calm the explicitive down.

Just where did you get the idea that I was taking Bledsoe over Terry?
I just said "via trade". I never suggested the piece we were going to trade was to be Terry. I don't know how a trade can be worked out. I didn't even suggest that I'd get Bledsoe for someone else and then put him in front of Terry in the rotation.
All I said was that it'd be good to bring a young guard in like the post I referred to suggested.

For your note, I'm not dwelling on a couple of early regular season losses as some may do. In fact, I find it a rather funny reaction.

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 06:31:23 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
Relax people.  We're going to be special this year.  Little by little we will put the pieces together.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I was one of the biggest AB doubters around at this time last year, but Bradley was surprisingly good his first time in an NBA rotation, shooting 50/40/80 as a starter and getting a rep as one of the best defenders at the guard spot in the entire league.

The big question is whether AB can get and stay healthy and build off this first time success. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with AB. As a defender, he should be even more effective now that NBA refs have seen him for a year.

AB as a starter and Lee and JET as a formidable second unit back court works for me. However, if one of the backups can be paired with Bass and picks for Josh Smith, I will personally drive him to Logan airport.     

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

What?  Courtney Lee had 4 years in College and 4 solid years in the pros to suggest he's a very capable scorer and defender.

Bingo. TP for being on the same page LarBrd

Lee played at an unknown school for 4 years...that proves my point more then anything. Avery Bradley was rated the best prospect coming out of HS. he has more upside, Lee essentially has no upside and its why hes on his 4th team in 5 years. lees best scoring year in the pros was 12 ppg on the leagues worst team...he only ever played decent defense in his rookie campaign and even then was overrated. Avery Bradley is a cant miss, special defensive player since the day he was in the pros and his offensive game is coming to him...I couldnt care less about your statistically productive players, its decieving when talking about a role player specializing in defense...lee put up role player production on a garbage team desperate for more. this team is better with Avery Bradley if he can return and play like he did last season, book it

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He might be ,  it appears we REALLY need a QUALITY BIG, to help our 20 year old rookie Sully and 37 year ol EX alstar KG.

May wind up seeing Bass, Green and Lee go down the road for ONE better player.

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Haven't been real impressed.  Which is bad, considering as much as we might want to trade whim, what value will he have if he underwhelms.

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 12:00:07 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I think the Celtics need to develop the Jet-Lee chemistry, as they should be our backup 1-2 punch. Rondo and Bradley together (if healthy, of course) are just something else, you don't see that kind of defensive dominance very often.

Give Doc some time to teach Barbosa all the plays, and let Barbosa get in game shape. Then start Barbosa alongside Rondo, and let Jet/Lee blend as bench backcourt. If everything goes well, Bradley recovers completely and gets back to where he was last year, it's Barbosa the odd man out. The difficult part about this plan is Courtney Lee was brought to Boston to have a chance to start, and that won't please him. But there's no "I" in "TEAM", right?

You could tell Ainge, Doc and Barbosa's agent have contemplated this scenario, so it makes sense to start him as a way of showcasing his talents as average starter/great 6th man. Of course, I'd love to see this whole roster get their rings, but trades happen in the NBA. You better be ready and stockpile assets.

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 12:53:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
expecting alot from Lee. Lee is a bench player having to play as a starter. He is borderline but usually borderline players are better off the bench. One day he may score 40 points and be on fire but usually gives you 8 to 10 points and gives you an honest effort on defense.

Avery Bradley is a starter , no question about it. His defense alone , could be his offense + defense the whole game. He is one of the top defender in the league

plus his offense is very underrated. Imo he is better than lee offensively. Better handles, able to absorb contact before scoring and shoots just as good.Really need him back