Author Topic: Anyone Interested in Amare.  (Read 8041 times)

Re: Anyone Interested in Amare.
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I kind of like an Amare and Brewer for Bass, Green, Lee trade.  That is a type of risk I think this team needs as an even remotely healthy Amare could be a real difference maker in the playoffs.

Starters - Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Amare, KG
Rotation - Barbosa, Terry, Brewer, Sullinger, Wilcox

That team is a team that is a lot more likely to win a title than the one Boston currently has.  Amare is also signed for less years than Green and Lee, so Boston goes back into free agency contention a year earlier (which is when Rondo, KG, Bradley, Terry all come of the books (pierce is off the books a year before that).  Gives Boston a chance at actually re-signing Rondo and bringing in a star (or keeping Amare if it works out).

I would definitely be interested in this deal IF Amare shows he is back to his old self. I always thought Kg was the most complimentary big to Amare in the entire NBA.

I don't see NY trading him to us unless we are the only team willing to take on his deal. I think we could look at bringing back Pietrus if this deal happened.
I think New York would love to dump Amar'e to almost anyone, as long as they got a rotation caliber body or two back.
Yeah.  I don't see why New York wouldn't be interested in that trade.  It gives them 3 solid rotation (if not starting players) and adds a great deal to their depth.  Plus it gets them out from under Amare who seems to be the odd man out anyway.
Honestly unless Amar'e comes back super healthy I think the C's could offer less talent than even the trade you proposed. Though salarywise I think all three would be necessary for it to work.
Yeah that's the thing, Boston can't offer less talent and still get to the dollars.  That is why I think someone like Brewer needs to come back to Boston to help replace what they lost in the trade.  I might even start by asking for JR Smith and settle back to Brewer to make it happen.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
My guess is what would actually happen if such a trade was discussed is that they'd need a third team to provide salary ballast for a pick.

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 11:08:19 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Here are some highlights of his from use last year. He still had some explosion...at least on the last play against tyros thomas he did.

IF he is healthy I think he seamlessly fits in with Rondo and KG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNVAj4BohI

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with this especially for what we would have to give up.

His best days are behind him and he adds very little rebounding, rim protection, or defense.

If we are looking to give up a big package I would at least want Varejao, Smith, or Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2012, 12:03:33 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I wouldnt be thrilled to give up Bass, Green and Lee for Amare at all. That package could definetly net us something better without the hassle of a terrible contract and a terribly injury prone player.

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with this especially for what we would have to give up.

His best days are behind him and he adds very little rebounding, rim protection, or defense.

If we are looking to give up a big package I would at least want Varejao, Smith, or Jefferson
Amare's rebound rate for his career is 14.4.  Certainly not great, but is a lot better than Brandon Bass, who he would be replacing in the starting lineup.  It is also better than Josh Smith, who you seem to think is a massive upgrade over Amare. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Amare's rebound rate for his career is 14.4.  Certainly not great, but is a lot better than Brandon Bass, who he would be replacing in the starting lineup.  It is also better than Josh Smith, who you seem to think is a massive upgrade over Amare.

Smith would undoubtedly be a massive upgrade over Stoudemire. Just from a defensive stand point alone. He is a better defender, has less of an injury risk, and is better overall on the offense end (passing driving shooting)as well.

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2012, 12:21:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Amar'e has his rebounding inflated by a few factors compared to Smith.

1. He's played a ton of C (compared to Smith being played at SF for chunks of his career)
2. He's also played with very few solid defensive rebounders so he avoids a lot of dimishing returns that other PFs can run into.

He would still be a large upgrade over Bass if his knees aren't done.

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Yeah I'm interested in taking another gamble with an injured player who is over 30 and misses a lot of games, and owe him 55 mil over the next 3 years.  I also take interest in trades that give a third of our roster to teams that I hate.

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I can't see Danny wasting time on Amare,  if he makes an upgrade it will be for someone in good health and younger who can hang around and help a few years.  ..ie  J Smith or Milsap

Last thing the Celtics need is another old worn out none jumping Big.  Watching  JO about drove me mad.

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 03:27:36 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I wouldnt be thrilled to give up Bass, Green and Lee for Amare at all. That package could definetly net us something better without the hassle of a terrible contract and a terribly injury prone player.

I'm not sure what you think that "package could net us". Bass is a pick-and-pop undersized PF. Lee is an athletic wing who sat on the shelf until almost the end of the summer before Danny made a brilliant move. Green is an athletic SF who has shown to be nothing but disappointment since he got to Boston. While I like all of these guys it's not like we're sitting on gold or anything.

I think about the Amare trade more and more as a possibility mid-season especially if things don't pick up by mid January. I think we'll start to hear rumors and this could definitely be one of them.

Green/Bass/Lee for Amare/Brewer.