Author Topic: Garden fans  (Read 1289 times)

Garden fans
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:01:02 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
     As someone from the mid-west who has never been to Boston, let alone a C's game, when I watch their home games, I really feel like the fans are really in tune with the game. I just say this now, because of the short outburst of boo's. I feel like Kevin (and the rest of the team, by extension) really felt that they were warranted, and changed temp accordingly. The boo's were followed by some hearty chanting. This, along with what happened in the last game of last years playoffs, makes me feel like the crowd really is in to the game, which cannot be said about all arenas in the league.

Re: Garden fans
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think the second game of the season is too early to boo.  The team is playing like hot garbage right now, but I don't think the booing helps.

In the past, Pierce has defended the right of the fans to view, while KG has seemed to resent it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I doubt you'd find an arena with a more "tuned in" crowd.  They appreciate good basketball and will support the team for better than other fanbases.  the boos don't come out until there's an absolute putrid effort by the C's.  tonight would be one of those nights

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Celts fans have always been very supportive of teams that give it their all - even during some very lean years.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:33:59 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
The team deserved every single boo they got from the crowd tonight. Those people payed money for that.

Disgraceful.

Its only one game though.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I have no problem with the boos.  When you no-show like this in the season opener against a team like the Bucks, and get punk'd by guys like Larry Sanders and Tobias Harris, you deserve a few boos.

A lot of people paid quite a bit of money to see a pre-season performance from the Celtics.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think the second game of the season is too early to boo.  The team is playing like hot garbage right now, but I don't think the booing helps.

In the past, Pierce has defended the right of the fans to view, while KG has seemed to resent it.
I agree. Too early, but this is the northeast. People like to boo in the northeast.

Booing also doesn't help when a team is confused, as we are on defense. Every player learns at their own pace.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I agree. Too early, but this is the northeast. People like to boo in the northeast.

Booing also doesn't help when a team is confused, as we are on defense. Every player learns at their own pace.

does booing ever help?  i don't think people do it because they think it will help.

you boo because you've paid a lot of money and the product on the floor is inferior.  it's like "hey, i want my money back, this is a ripoff."

i understand why this team looks like they are still in pre-season; they have a lot of work to do.  but if i paid money to go to a game, i'd be annoyed that the team clearly wasn't ready to play regular season basketball for the home opener against an average-at-best opponent.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think most fans are smart enough to know when the effort just isn't there.  I think the booing comes more from seeing a lack of effort than from missed shots, or just being behind.  I think the garden fans are the best in the NBA. 

From watching the 2nd half tonight, I would agree with the fans, the effort wasn't there.  The C's were sleepwalking through the 3rd 1/4 and 1/2 of the 4th.

I don't expect us to win every game, but as a fan of the C's I expect great effort every night, especially on D.  It just hasn't been there.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »

Offline u2larkin04

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
those empty seats in the front early in the game must have been some sort of sorcerers or future predictors because those seats didn't deserve to be filled. the boo's were most definitely deserved.
DISCLAIMER: When I post on here, it's usually because I've been drinking. If you are an avid home brewer or fan of whiskey you'll understand. If you're not; SORRY!

GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »

Offline LarryForThree

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 21
I only boo the Celtics when they play on Halloween.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Highlights tonight - Larry David and big Papi in the crowd. The booing was totally justified. The effort stunk.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 10:18:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
It's okay to boo your team when they aren't showing the effort. Celtics fans watching on tv are lucky they couldn't hear the stuff i was yelling from my couch.

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 11:10:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
sooner Doc gets this mess turned around the quicker the boos die away... this was a hard pill to swallow sitting here watching this game...I feel for the fans that paid to go see the game.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 12:01:38 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
There's not a hell of a lot of talent on this team. Kg and Pierce have a lot of mileage on themselves and rigor is setting in already with 80 games to go. Green needs a whole season to shape up and Bradley is a big question. I picked em for 4th in the East, they may go lower.

Then again the Heat who trashed us got embarrassed in NY. Go figure.