Author Topic: J Green+Sully+Melo for Bargnani  (Read 5601 times)

Re: J Green+Sully+Melo for Bargnani
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 07:01:49 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
BargnaNo thanks  ;D

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
You do realize Bargnani sucks right?

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 08:24:22 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 03:13:05 AM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Yea that's a no. If anything try to get Amir Johnson like other people have been suggesting. His minutes have been decreasing in Toronto so maybe he could be had. Marcin Gortat is another stretch as well with Phoenix probably sucking for the foreseeable future, plus he is making 7 million this year.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 04:04:24 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Bargnani is a good player, a talented scorer and a mediocre defender. Sounds a lot like Bass to me.

I would trade Bass+Lee for Bargnani and a 1st rounder. That matches salaries and gets us what will be a good pick for next year. I don't love the idea of trading Lee after he chose to sign here for less money but in reality it's a business and he came here because we're a winning organization. We win because we have a good GM who gets us talent and a good coach who uses it effectively.

I think for a move this lateral I'd probably just keep our guys but I do like the idea of having a 1st from a lottery team.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Bargnani is actually a very good defender at his position, since he was moved from C to PF and got a defensive minded coach. His opponent PER according to 82games.com went from 21.3 in 2010-11 to 14.3 in 2011-12. This stat also passed the eye test. He can stay in front of most PFs and he has great reach.

However, this proposed trade would leave a huge hole behind Pierce at SF. And I would rather keep Sullinger, than build around Bargnani after the end of the Pierce/Garnett era.

I agree.

He actually is a good low post defender. Knows how to use his size and long hands. The problem is his help defense. He seems to be always lost when rotating. His pick and roll defense is also bad. And his rebounding is ughhhh.

I wouldn't really mind having him. I think if he's utilized properly he's a matchup nightmare for some. But not right now, we need someone who can help defend as KG couldn't not do it as we'll as it is before. We need a rebounding forward, Bargs is something we don't need righ now.

And even  if we need him, I won't so it for that proposal. I'll keep Sully and Melo.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 05:20:35 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Oh hell no...I mean no offense by this, but that's one of the worst trade suggestions I've seen on these forums since I've been a member (and there have been some pretty bad ones).

1. He is a jump shooting big.  We don't need any more jump shooting big men.   

2. He has a horribly inefficient scorer - 44% FG (for his career) is an absolute joke for a 7 foot center.

3. He cannot rebound to save his life.  Hell his career average of 4.9 RPG (in 30 MPG!!) is so [dang] bad that it makes Brandon Bass look like Kevin Love by comparison!

This year he is averaging 13.8 PPG on 33% shooting and 3.3 RPG in 30 MPG.

His last season in Boston (widely considered the worse 20 game sample of his career) Jeff Green averaged 10 PPG on 48% shooting and 3.3 RPG in 22 MPG.

Bargnani has barely contributed more in 30 MPG then Green did in 22 MPG that season, so why would you give up Green AND two high-potential propects for this guy?

Plus to add to all that the guy is injury plagued and has missed 40% of his games over the last two seasons.  Yeah, looking at Boston's past injury history that is JUST what we need!

No thanks...     
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:33:14 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 05:25:29 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think Bargani would be pretty good on offense with Rondo,but play zero defense,can't rebound and seems really soft. Unless we are getting him for Bass and Lee, no thanks.

No chance in hell I would give up Bass and Lee for this guy. I wouldn't give up Bass or Lee straight up for him...no way in hell.

I understand that, at best he'll give 16-18 points a night

On 40% shooting  ;D

I wouldnt even trade Sully for Bargnani straight up. Waaaay too much to give up for a mediocre one trick pony.

Agreed :)

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd take the other 7-footer from Toronto, Jonas Valanciunas ...

Yeah well it would take a whole lot more than Jeff Green plus trash to land him.  LOL.  Toronto would be stupid to trade that guy right now.

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
More importantly why would Toronto trade Bargs to one of their division rivals? Also they are actually a very fun team to watch. They aren't going to ruin that for an unproven second tier wing and two rookies.