Author Topic: Once Bradley comes back, how does this guard rotation play out?  (Read 5009 times)

Re: Once Bradley comes back, how does this guard rotation play out?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If anything, I suspect Doc will use more smallball to get 3 of the 5 guards on the floor at the same time.  probably with Green and Sully.  run, run, run while getting killed on the boards

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
havent read the thread , but to me

pg: Rondo 35 mpg / Bradley 13 mpg
sg: Braley 20 mpg/ Terry 18- 20 mpg / Lee 8-10 mpg

Lee has to be the odd man out and probably trade bait for a big man along with Bass/sully/melo and picks

I would much rather give up Bass than either sully or melo. Plus bass's contract would make it much easier to facilitate a trade
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Lee has to be the odd man out and probably trade bait for a big man along with Bass/sully/melo and picks

I would much rather give up Bass than either sully or melo. Plus bass's contract would make it much easier to facilitate a trade

The thought of Bradley as the backup point guard scares me dearly.

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

It's the opposite.  Almost all non-contenders don't want complimentary pieces that take up significant cap space for multiple years.  They'd much rather have the younger players that could possibly break out because they haven't gotten enough minutes to fully prove themselves like Bass.  The contracts are also much more desirable, and give them the ability to keep the player in restricted free agency.

Not to mention the fact that pairing Bass and Lee alone eliminates any possibility of a trade, as they're not enough to yield any 9+ million dollar players in the league.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

It's the opposite.  Almost all non-contenders don't want complimentary pieces that take up significant cap space for multiple years.  They'd much rather have the younger players that could possibly break out because they haven't gotten enough minutes to fully prove themselves like Bass.  The contracts are also much more desirable, and give them the ability to keep the player in restricted free agency.

Not to mention the fact that pairing Bass and Lee alone eliminates any possibility of a trade, as they're not enough to yield any 9+ million dollar players in the league.

True..good point. I still don't want to trade either sully or melo. At least want to see melo get a chance in green (likely next season)
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.