Author Topic: Package Green+Sully for Horford or Smith  (Read 2405 times)

Re: Package Green+Sully for Horford or Smith
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 11:48:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd really like to see how Smith defends Lebron, he certainly appears to have the "tools" to do it well, but so does Jeff Green.  I think Smith would be a great guy to stick on Battier to use as a roamer on defense while Pierce defends Lebron and maybe also be used to defend Lebron when Pierce is out of the game.
Didn't Tyrus Thomas have some really good defensive performances against LeBron back when they were with the Bulls and Cavs respectively?

May offer a cheaper more easily attainable alternative to someone like Josh Smith.

I am on board with Tyrus Thomas.

He did have a major setback but losing teams usually does that. I think he's still a starter level talent who's athletic, can block shots and can defend, as well as hit the occasional mid range.

I'm not sure I will give up Green for him, but he can definitely had for very cheap compare to Josh.

As for a big man, while I'd love Horford to come here, it'll take a lot to do so. Lets wait how Darko works out for us. Sure he's no Al but he has decent enough skills to make a difference, IMO.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 11:58:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd really like to see how Smith defends Lebron, he certainly appears to have the "tools" to do it well, but so does Jeff Green.  I think Smith would be a great guy to stick on Battier to use as a roamer on defense while Pierce defends Lebron and maybe also be used to defend Lebron when Pierce is out of the game.
Didn't Tyrus Thomas have some really good defensive performances against LeBron back when they were with the Bulls and Cavs respectively?

May offer a cheaper more easily attainable alternative to someone like Josh Smith.

He did have a major setback but losing teams usually does that. I think he's still a starter level talent who's athletic, can block shots and can defend, as well as hit the occasional mid range.

I'm not sure I will give up Green for him, but he can definitely had for very cheap compare to Josh.

As for a big man, while I'd love Horford to come here, it'll take a lot to do so. Lets wait how Darko works out for us. Sure he's no Al but he has decent enough skills to make a difference, IMO.

I don't think it would take Jeff Green. I imagine Charlotte is pretty desperate to move Tyrus Thomas. Disruptive influence last year. Plus, Ty Thomas has a pretty pricey contract.

Danny could probably get Ty Thomas for Brandon Bass. Or any type of smaller deal that adds up financially (does that mean Courtney Lee has to be involved?).

I like the idea of swapping out Bass for Thomas. I'd love to add Tyrus' defensive range at PF alongside Garnett, Rondo and Bradley. The individual and collective quickness they would have at those four positions would be incredible.  I think that would work fantastically well. Tyrus can shoot midrange and long two point range well also (floor spacing). Fantastic finisher around the basket. Gets to the free throw line well. Not the smartest player but he'll be surrounded by guys who are. Rebounds well. 

A three man forward rotation of Paul Pierce, Tyrus Thomas and Jeff Green to use against Miami's trio of LeBron James, Shane Battier and Rashard Lewis. Perfect for matching up against Miami's quick perimeter orientated forward game-plan.

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 12:01:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I don't think it would take Jeff Green. I imagine Charlotte is pretty desperate to move Tyrus Thomas him. Disruptive influence last year. Plus, Ty Thomas has a pretty pricey contract.

Danny could probably get Ty Thomas for Brandon Bass. Or any type of smaller deal that adds up financially (does that mean Courtney Lee has to be involved?).

I like the idea of swapping out Bass for Thomas. I'd love to add Tyrus' defensive range at PF alongside Garnett, Rondo and Bradley. The individual and collective quickness they would have at those four positions would be incredible.  I think that would work fantastically well. Tyrus can shoot midrange and long two point range well also (floor spacing). Fantastic finisher around the basket. Gets to the free throw line well. Not the smartest player but he'll be surrounded by guys who are. Rebounds well. 

A three man forward rotation of Paul Pierce, Tyrus Thomas and Jeff Green to use against Miami's trio of LeBron James, Shane Battier and Rashard Lewis. Perfect for matching up against Miami's quick perimeter orientated forward game-plan.

I love Bass but I'd do that swap in a heartbeat.

Tyrus can be fixed and I think he has a lot to offer for us than Brandon. Length alone is one thing already.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 12:49:07 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
We could get Smith  if we wanted to probably, but we'd definitely be parting with draft picks and most likely Bradley.

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 02:11:51 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

They need help at the 3,4, and 5. When Josh Smith's gone. Besides Horford their weak up front. So How about a Package around Sully, Fab Melo, and Jeff Green plus picks and their choice of Lee, Terry, or Barbosa for a kicker. But no Bradley.

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am all for getting Hortford here if the Hawks trade him.

And I would be willing to up that offer.  Throw in AB and a 1st round pick if it makes the deal go through. 

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

And I would be willing to up that offer.  Throw in AB and a 1st round pick if it makes the deal go through.

Me too.  But I don't think it comes close to being enough.

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 10:20:34 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Me too.  But I don't think it comes close to being enough.

Probably.

But my dream is still that Hortford demands a trade and Atlanta falls in love with Green and Melo (or Sully)