Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 218572 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1455 on: March 21, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I kind of like it... the NBA is alive and well.  LeBron could hang with any great player in the history of the game.  It's incredible stuff.  We are witnessing greatness.  It stings right now, because we're on the losing end, but years from now you'll be arguing with your grandkids about how LeBron was better than the league's current star.  About how you watched him reach another level... the LeBron Zone.

Down 27 tonight and they come back to win.  Crazy stuff.

I hate it when the narrative becomes about one guy.  That's why I hated the NBA in the '90s.  There were a lot of great players on some very good teams, but the entire story that most people remember about that decade is Jordan and his Bulls.

I prefer the parity of the 2000s.  If Lebron James' Heat go on a similar run to Jordan's Bulls, it will be very depressing for me, and, in my opinion, a terrible thing for the game of basketball. 

Just a different perspective.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1456 on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I kind of like it... the NBA is alive and well.  LeBron could hang with any great player in the history of the game.  It's incredible stuff.  We are witnessing greatness.  It stings right now, because we're on the losing end, but years from now you'll be arguing with your grandkids about how LeBron was better than the league's current star.  About how you watched him reach another level... the LeBron Zone.

I hate it when the narrative becomes about one guy.  That's why I hated the NBA in the '90s.  There were a lot of great players on some very good teams, but the entire story that most people remember about that decade is Jordan and his Bulls.

I prefer the parity of the 2000s.  If Lebron James' Heat go on a similar run to Jordan's Bulls, it will be very depressing for me, and, in my opinion, a terrible thing for the game of basketball. 

I dunno man.. the NBA has always been about superstars. 

Bird vs Magic.  Wilt vs Russell.  Shaq's dominance.  Hakeems dominance.  Jordan's dominance.  The NBA has (and will always be) a superstars league.  You generally need a top 5 player to win a title.

Yes, those old 80s Celtics and 80s Lakers teams were more than just Bird and Magic.  Those 60s Celtics teams were more than Russell.  Shaq had Kobe.  Jordan had Pippen.   KG had Pierce.  And it's still no different... Durant has Westbrook (who is incredibly in his own right).  LeBron has Wade (who is having an incredibly efficient season that is being overshadowed) ... 

But James is the King.  No doubt.  It's his league right now.  On some level, I enjoy watching history happen... hate that it's at the expense of the Celtics, but let's be honest here... it's no more at the expense of the Celtics than any other bottom level playoff participant.  Can't take it too personally.

« Reply #1457 on: March 21, 2013, 07:16:18 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I dunno man.. the NBA has always been about superstars. 

Bird vs Magic.  Wilt vs Russell.  Shaq's dominance.  Hakeems dominance.  Jordan's dominance.  The NBA has (and will always be) a superstars league.  You generally need a top 5 player to win a title.

Yes, those old 80s Celtics and 80s Lakers teams were more than just Bird and Magic.  Those 60s Celtics teams were more than Russell.  Shaq had Kobe.  Jordan had Pippen.   KG had Pierce.  And it's still no different... Durant has Westbrook (who is incredibly in his own right).  LeBron has Wade (who is having an incredibly efficient season that is being overshadowed) ... 

But James is the King.  No doubt.  It's his league right now.  On some level, I enjoy watching history happen... hate that it's at the expense of the Celtics, but let's be honest here... it's no more at the expense of the Celtics than any other bottom level playoff participant.  Can't take it too personally.

Again, to each his own, I guess.  Make of it what you will, but I am going to continue to root for the Miami Heat's failure almost as much as I root for the Celtics' success.  Of course, I understand that I run the very real risk of disappointment on both counts. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1458 on: March 21, 2013, 11:34:41 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
The Nuggets stole that game like it was nobody's business.  What a collapse by Philly.

Corey Brewer is slowly becoming one of my favorite bench guys in the league.  He's like a bigger Mickael Pietrus.  He can hit threes, play great defense, and is even more athletic than Pietrus used to be.  I love Brewer's game.

« Reply #1459 on: March 22, 2013, 12:17:17 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

The narrative is about one guy because the dude is on a legendary roll.

If he was playing 2 or 3 levels below, then the narrative would be on D-Wade who is playing some pretty sick ball himself.

« Reply #1460 on: March 23, 2013, 12:58:21 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Can't believe the Lakers threw that one away against the Wiz! :o

Pity Utah have had so many close losses. At least it all but guarantees LA will have to play the Spurs or OKC in the first round, hopefully the Thunder.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1461 on: March 23, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Wizards 2-0 with Jason Collins starting.

Behold. This is the Jason Collins era. Jason Collins and John Wall. Heckuva dynamic duo.

« Reply #1462 on: March 23, 2013, 10:56:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Joe Johnson has such a beautiful game. Can score the ball in so many ways.

« Reply #1463 on: March 25, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
BIG win by Houston today!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1464 on: March 25, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Joe Johnson has such a beautiful game. Can score the ball in so many ways.

Can miss in so many ways.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1465 on: March 25, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Whoa.  I didn't even know E'Twaun could dunk, haha.  That was pretty impressive.

« Reply #1466 on: March 25, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
John Wall put up 47 on the Grizzlies tonight. 

I said awhile back that this team could be pretty dangerous with Wall and Nene healthy.  They lost Beal and Nene again, but even so, they've been a threat ever since Wall came back.   

« Reply #1467 on: March 25, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

I said awhile back that this team could be pretty dangerous with Wall and Nene healthy.  They lost Beal and Nene again, but even so, they've been a threat ever since Wall came back.   

And people said he didn't deserve the max  ::) Look at his assists/rebounds. And that HUGE block
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1468 on: March 25, 2013, 10:37:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Brian Roberts steps up with a 18-assist game. NBD
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1469 on: March 25, 2013, 11:08:30 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders

And people said he didn't deserve the max  ::) Look at his assists/rebounds. And that HUGE block

Uh, he doesn't.  You don't get a max contract for one good game.

As it is, I'm not sure he's even a top 10 PG.  You don't deserve a max contract unless you're one of the very best at your position.  Wall could get there one day, but he's a long way away.