Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 219975 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1395 on: March 15, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Kosta Koufos with a game-high 13 points at the half in DENvMEM...

Koufos and McGee are important role players on that team, just as Crawford and Wilcox are on our team.

Haha, I thought you just compared Koufos and McGee to Wilcox and Crawford.

Oh wait

He didn't compare how they play, he compared their relationships to their respective teams... role players.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1396 on: March 15, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Koufos and McGee are important role players on that team, just as Crawford and Wilcox are on our team.

Oh wait

He didn't compare how they play, he compared their relationships to their respective teams... role players.

He noticed, he already said "Oh wait"  ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1397 on: March 15, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Oh wait

and if Doc was coaching Koufos and McGee, they would be bench warmers (aka 11th and 12th men)

They are too tall and spend too much time in the paint for Doc

« Reply #1398 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think Memphis should be able to handle Denver in a playoff series.

Large advantage in the paint with Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. TA and Conley should be able to neutralize Iggy and Ty Lawson for the most part. Prince is a good cover for Gallinari. Denver have a stronger bench but Memphis will ride their starters for big minutes in the postseason.

I think it would be a long tough series though. 6 or more likely 7 games. The Nuggets defensive quickness and transition offense is a tough issue for the Grizzlies to handle.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:47:53 PM by Who »

« Reply #1399 on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Oh wait

and if Doc was coaching Koufos and McGee, they would be bench warmers (aka 11th and 12th men)

Greg Stiemsma?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1400 on: March 15, 2013, 10:44:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Oh wait

Greg Stiemsma?

he got shipped out for a reason. When we got to the playoffs, Steimsma found a seat on the bench. You know who else looked good in a short stretch when the celtics were desperate for a healthy big man? Semih Erden.

« Reply #1401 on: March 15, 2013, 10:50:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Wow, the Nuggets going seriously small against the Grizzlies while Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are on the floor.

G - A.Miller
G - C.Brewer
F - Iggy
F - W.Chandler (Z-Bo)
C - Faried (M.Gasol)

Okay, now they have switched. Wilson Chandler is defending Marc Gasol and Gasol isn't even looking to go into the post. Faried doing a great job of denying Z-Bo postiion in the post. Iggy playing great help defense to deny passing lanes into the post also.

« Reply #1402 on: March 15, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Memphis need to get into their offense quicker.

Bayless didn't make the first pass in the offense until the 14 second mark. One pass, long two point jumper, ball never got below 17 feet despite having two huge advantages in the post with Marc Gasol and Z-Bo against W.Chandler and Faried respectively.

« Reply #1403 on: March 15, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Bulls trying blowout Warriors.....to makeup for their collapse against the Kiings

go Curry!

« Reply #1404 on: March 15, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Denver's small ball lineup made a nice run there against the Grizzlies power inside. Outscored Memphis by a good margin in a short period and got the lead back after being down 8.

Memphis give Gasol a breather. Ed Davis in. Denver swap W.Chandler for Gallo. I think Denver has a good advantage here with these lineups. Good opportunity to build a lead here. Memphis need to be careful about how long they sit M.Gasol. 

« Reply #1405 on: March 15, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Beautiful. Dribble drive and simple bounce pass by Iguodala from the right wing to beat the shot-blocker and find the cutting Koufos on the other side of the paint. Three point play.

« Reply #1406 on: March 16, 2013, 04:31:59 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Oh wait

Greg Stiemsma?

he got shipped out for a reason. When we got to the playoffs, Steimsma found a seat on the bench. You know who else looked good in a short stretch when the celtics were desperate for a healthy big man? Semih Erden.

Stiemsma wasn't "shipped out", the Celtics just couldn't offer him enough money due to salary cap rules.  I also seem to recall that his playoff time was limited by foot problems and he would have played more if he had been feeling better.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #1407 on: March 16, 2013, 08:30:50 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Oh wait

Greg Stiemsma?

Stiemsma wasn't "shipped out", the Celtics just couldn't offer him enough money due to salary cap rules.  I also seem to recall that his playoff time was limited by foot problems and he would have played more if he had been feeling better.

Yeah I'm a little confused with his ranting on big men. His ignoring the facts.

What decent big men have sat on the bench? Collins was playing decent minutes this year for gods sake!!! Haha.

Wilcox has been injured half the year and still is getting decent minutes even thiugh, and I feel bad saying it, but he is just a terrrble basketball player. Awful defensively and inept on offense unless the ball is placed 3 inches from the rim?

Who else ?  Jo played too much. Sheed plYed too much. He pkayed perk and shaq. He played Krstic until he got injured. Played erden who's not in the league anymore.

Maybe he's talking about fab. He certainly played the other rookie this year a bunch before the injury. He was starting him over Bass

« Reply #1408 on: March 16, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I really think that Cleveland will end Miami's streak on Sunday, or provide a big scare.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1409 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:29 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Whenever the spurs commentators yell "TIMMEH" this is all I can think about.

So annoying.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?