Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 218392 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1320 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Clippers better hope that Lakers don't get that 6th seed...the way DH and Kobe have been playing, they will beat the Clips in 6 games...no doubt about that.

I'd like to see Blake try to posterize Dwight...DeAndre won't be doing any more Brandons....

Poor CP3 will exhaust himself trying to carry Clips.

I just don't see the Clips beating "this" Laker team. Kobe won't let it happen.

« Reply #1321 on: March 13, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Clippers better hope that Lakers don't get that 6th seed...the way DH and Kobe have been playing, they will beat the Clips in 6 games...no doubt about that.

I'd like to see Blake try to posterize Dwight...DeAndre won't be doing any more Brandons....

The Clippers better worry about holding off the Nuggets for the 3rd seed

« Reply #1322 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:32 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

The Clippers better worry about holding off the Nuggets for the 3rd seed

Nuggets are my sleeper team....one of the most athletic teams out there and a certain playoff team...took Lakers to 7 games last year.

They are experienced, athletic, and well-coached.

Adding Iggy will only make them more dangerous...right there is your Durant/Kobe stopper.

« Reply #1323 on: March 13, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Have they improved THAT much since the OKC game (the last one I saw)?  Their defense looked atrocious in that one.  They haven't exactly been playing the cream of the crop in this little win streak they had since the OKC game.

I'm interested to see what happens when Gasol comes back.  He had problems finding a role and fitting into the system before he got injured.  Interested to see how he integrates with so little time left in the regular season.

« Reply #1324 on: March 13, 2013, 10:41:06 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney

Have they improved THAT much since the OKC game (the last one I saw)?  Their defense looked atrocious in that one.  They haven't exactly been playing the cream of the crop in this little win streak they had since the OKC game.

I'm interested to see what happens when Gasol comes back.  He had problems finding a role and fitting into the system before he got injured.  Interested to see how he integrates with so little time left in the regular season.

I don't think so. They have been beating bad teams. There defense is still very poor and Kobe is playing out of his mind right now.

« Reply #1325 on: March 13, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

That's the thing...OKC has the Lakers number, no doubt about it. They have no answer for Durant/Westbrook.

But the Clips? I just believe they still have holes - especially down low.

In a grind it out 7 games series, you need "something" down low...not just dunks.....they need meat and substance up front.

That is why CP3 coveted KG so much. Glad he chose BOS.

The way the Lakers are positioning themselves, I'm guessing they will draw the Clips, and they will send them packing.

Pau? At this point I hope he's satisfied with the bench.....one part of me would LOVE to see him cause hate and discontent, but another part of me is still wanting to see Kobe make the post-season.

I'm just shocked tht both D'Antoni and Brown couldn't figure out a way to start DH and Pau...Pau hasn't dropped off that much, but he doesn't seem to figure into the Laker's future.

« Reply #1326 on: March 13, 2013, 10:50:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think the Clippers can take Lakers. Their quickness and depth will push them over the top.

« Reply #1327 on: March 13, 2013, 10:51:03 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Chicago is getting mauled by Sacramento right now, and I expect Denver to continue their home cooking against the Knicks.

Good news for us!  Movin' on up!   ;D

« Reply #1328 on: March 13, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I think the Clippers can take Lakers. Their quickness and depth will push them over the top.

Yeah, but Blake won't be going up against a slower, aging Pau this time around...he'll be facing a rejuvenated Dwight, whose nearly as athletic as he is.

Dwight protects the rim.

Dwight Howard will negate Blake and DeAndre, no doubt about it. Kobe and CP3 will have some memorable playoff performances should they meet, but I just think Kobe wills his team to victory this time around.

« Reply #1329 on: March 13, 2013, 11:20:59 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
The Lakers are calling Kobe Bryant's injury a "severe left ankle sprain." The team says he is "out indefinitely."

Welp. If Kobe has to miss any significant time, good luck making the playoffs, Lakers.

« Reply #1330 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
The Lakers are calling Kobe Bryant's injury a "severe left ankle sprain." The team says he is "out indefinitely."

Welp. If Kobe has to miss any significant time, good luck making the playoffs, Lakers.

It's Dwight time... can he do it?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1331 on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:02 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
Wow the Bulls are losing to the Kings 76-42. Evans is 10-11 with 23 points

Edit: 84-44 now

« Reply #1332 on: March 13, 2013, 11:29:33 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Wow it must be bad for them to sit him out (he probably refused at first too).
Welp. Their road to the playoffs just became a bit harder.

« Reply #1333 on: March 13, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Is anyone seeing this Chicago/Sac game?

Sactown up 90-48 with four minutes left in the 3rd. 

Absolutely nuts, Bulls better hope Rose is back for the postseason.

« Reply #1334 on: March 13, 2013, 11:40:50 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Bulls are getting massacred, down 40 to the Kings! Is this real life?
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...