Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 218510 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1155 on: March 04, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

On paper, I wanted Utah to win. It keeps them above the Lakers, and keeps the Bucks below us...but I much prefer watching and rooting for the madness that is Milwaukee's new way of playing basketball.

I gotta root for the future unstoppable tandem of Favors/Kanter. If they got rid of Millsap/Al (or signed them cheap) and got Williams there, they'd be far and away my favorite frontcourt EVER. :)

Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Derrick Williams.
What's there to hate?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1156 on: March 04, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Kobe Bryant said that he probably would have slapped Serge Ibaka in the mouth if he had been hit like Blake Griffin.

This sounds like the sort of a statement that could be tested and verified through an experiment.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #1157 on: March 04, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

On paper, I wanted Utah to win. It keeps them above the Lakers, and keeps the Bucks below us...but I much prefer watching and rooting for the madness that is Milwaukee's new way of playing basketball.

Which is the 3 guards rotation?? It looks nice against teams without a legit SF but when they face Miami in the 1st round they'll get swept by an average pt differential of 30... ::)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #1158 on: March 04, 2013, 10:46:42 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

Which is the 3 guards rotation?? It looks nice against teams without a legit SF but when they face Miami in the 1st round they'll get swept by an average pt differential of 30... ::)

What about Ersan?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1159 on: March 04, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Kobe Bryant said that he probably would have slapped Serge Ibaka in the mouth if he had been hit like Blake Griffin.

This sounds like the sort of a statement that could be tested and verified through an experiment.

Serge Ibaka angers a lot of players. Remember the SJax statement? "aint about dis life" lol. Nobody likes getting their shot rejected five times a game :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1160 on: March 04, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

Miami should be very concerned playing the Bucks. In fact, Bucks have a very good chance of upsetting them. Miami doesn't want to play them.

« Reply #1161 on: March 04, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

Then he would've probably gotten Chris Childs again.

Also I wanted Utah to win not only to stop the Lakers from making the playoffs but because I wanted Milwaukee to lose and separate a bit from the loss/win column with the Celtics.

« Reply #1162 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

Miami should be very concerned playing the Bucks. In fact, Bucks have a very good chance of upsetting them. Miami doesn't want to play them.

Must be sarcasm, right?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1163 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

Must be sarcasm, right?

Why? Have you actually sat down and analyzed both rosters?

« Reply #1164 on: March 04, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

Must be sarcasm, right?

Yes, I know Milwaukee has an imposing front line.

However, there is no way Milwaukee can take on LeBron alone, never mind Wade and Bosh. It'll be raining threes. Milwaukee is nowhere near the level of Miami, and Miami should be in NO WAY "very concerned [about] playing the Bucks"

Milwaukee is simply not on their level. Period. They'll be very lucky to force one close game.

(after posting this, chances are Milwaukee wins the series 4-3 seeing as everything I say is wrong...)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1165 on: March 04, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

Must be sarcasm, right?

However, there is no way Milwaukee can take on LeBron alone, never mind Wade and Bosh. It'll be raining threes. Milwaukee is nowhere near the level of Miami, and Miami should be in NO WAY "very concerned [about] playing the Bucks"

Milwaukee is simply not on their level. Period. They'll be very lucky to force one close game.

(after posting this, chances are Milwaukee wins the series 4-3 seeing as everything I say is wrong...)

Yes, they have size, they have explosive scoring, and they do have a couple of players that can help with wing defense when needed be.

So far this year they lost on OT against Miami, and destroyed them in their second meeting. Just two games, but this is nowhere the certain sweep you guys are making it out to be.

They can also match-up with Miami's small unit, which is their best unit with LeBron at the 4.

« Reply #1166 on: March 04, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlrkK4vS7kE

How that is a flagrant 2 on Barea and no tech on Ray is beyond me.

« Reply #1167 on: March 04, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
... Go Bucks?  8)

... Go home! 8-)

Touche.

Must be sarcasm, right?

Yes, they have size, they have explosive scoring, and they do have a couple of players that can help with wing defense when needed be.

So far this year they lost on OT against Miami, and destroyed them in their second meeting. Just two games, but this is nowhere the certain sweep you guys are making it out to be.

They can also match-up with Miami's small unit, which is their best unit with LeBron at the 4.

A team that's the second-best in the league should never be scared of a team fighting hard to avoid the lottery year after year. Unless they pull a 2008 Hawks?

Even if they match up well... LeBron in the playoffs is way different than LeBron in the regular season. If the Bucks upset the Heat, it'd be the greatest sports miracle ever (lol), no but seriously that would be absurd.

I can't see Milwaukee winning a seven-game series against the world-champs. Their advantages are meaningless against the Heat !!!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2013, 12:22:53 AM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
There is no way that the Heat will be asleep for 4 games against Jennings and Ellis. The only teams close to touching the Heat are the Knicks, Bulls, Pacers, and Celtics.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #1169 on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
There is no way that the Heat will be asleep for 4 games against Jennings and Ellis. The only teams close to touching the Heat are the Knicks, Bulls, Pacers, and Celtics.

Maybe, but the bucks also have one of the best 3-4 defenders in the game in Mbah A Moute, who can deal with LeBron as well as anyone can, and they have Sanders to cover up for their defensively deficient backcourt.

Can Jennings and Ellis stay hot enough to score 50+ points in four games out of seven? That's the real question.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.