Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 218778 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1095 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Great finish

« Reply #1096 on: March 03, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, nevermind.  OKC righting the ship.

« Reply #1097 on: March 03, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Now I see why Chris Paul coveted our KG like he did.

I'm no basketball expert, but I believe that the LA Clippers won't get past the 2nd round - AGAIN.

They mess around and draw the Lakers, they may not even get out of the 1st round, lol.

OKC just swept them.

Besides the highlight dunks and jumping over cars, the Clips have nothing else.

Shawn Kemp>>>>Blake Griffin.

« Reply #1098 on: March 03, 2013, 06:24:03 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Kevin Durant is the nicest player in the league.

Blows a kiss to the camera.
High-fives kids on the way off the court.

The perfect role model.

And that IBAKA Block with 7s to go was NASTY.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1099 on: March 03, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I'm no basketball expert, but I believe that the LA Clippers won't get past the 2nd round - AGAIN.

They mess around and draw the Lakers, they may not even get out of the 1st round, lol.

OKC just swept them.

They'll be so many Chris Paul apologists when they inevitably fail this post season. Even with sixth man of the year, supposed best bench in the league, up and coming superstar griffin, best back up Pg in the league etc etc

« Reply #1100 on: March 03, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

OKC just swept them.

They'll be so many Chris Paul apologists when they inevitably fail this post season. Even with sixth man of the year, supposed best bench in the league, up and coming superstar griffin, best back up Pg in the league etc etc

Haha..maybe Chris Paul can call State Farm or his alter ego...one with the glasses.

It will be interesting to see if he bolts the Clips.

« Reply #1101 on: March 03, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

OKC just swept them.

Haha..maybe Chris Paul can call State Farm or his alter ego...one with the glasses.

If he comes to Boston, I swear......jk

There's no way he leaves LAC
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1102 on: March 03, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

OKC just swept them.

I'm not sure...Chris Paul believes he should have championship.

He will only put up with losing in the playoffs but so much.

« Reply #1103 on: March 03, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

OKC just swept them.

If he wants to play with KG that much, he's welcome to join the Celtics. Give the Clippers Rondo as a consolation prize.

« Reply #1104 on: March 03, 2013, 06:37:39 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I was rooting for the heat in this one.

Knicks > Heat

the knicks are a mediocre team
Plus the Knicks could be in competition for us for seeding purposes if the C's continue to stack up wins and climb into the discussion for the 3-6 seeds.

The more I see Eastern competition, the more I feel I am  successfully deluding myself into thinking that there is no one we can't beat other than the Heat.  I need to see more Indy and Atlanta to be more secure in that. And if Rose is back and in form, Chicago will cream us.  But I think we CAN (not will) beat anyone else.

Despite our tough play against Miami in the past, they are just too good.  I'd be very proud to take them to 6 games.

I agree with everything you said except this. I don't see how anybody could be "very proud" losing to the heat for the 3rd straight year. Injuries or not that's nothing to be proud of.

Despite the understandable admonishment, I'd still be proud of the current team.  Not saying that would leave me satisfied, but I'd be impressed with and proud of our injury-plagued team.

« Reply #1105 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

OKC just swept them.

If he wants to play with KG that much, he's welcome to join the Celtics. Give the Clippers Rondo as a consolation prize.

Remember all that Chris Paul - Rondo talk way back prior to the start of the strike-shortened season?

I remember Chris Paul or his agent stating that he -

"Wanted no part of Boston"....

But yet he wanted KG. I see why, now.

Playoffs are when the REAL season starts. That's why I believe BOS has chance - even without Rondo. It's a SMALL shot, but I'll take it.

I have a feeling that BOS will get further than the Clips this post season...just watch.

« Reply #1106 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

OKC just swept them.

Remember all that Chris Paul - Rondo talk way back prior to the start of the strike-shortened season?

Playoffs are when the REAL season starts. That's why I believe BOS has chance - even without Rondo. It's a SMALL shot, but I'll take it.

I have a feeling that BOS will get further than the Clips this post season...just watch.

I think you guys are waaaay off here.

He wanted KG to add to the talented team he's already on for a low price because boston was in theory, done for the year and have no future as contenders. Not to leave a team with Blake Griffin to come play with a guy who is about to retire.

« Reply #1107 on: March 03, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

OKC just swept them.

He wanted KG to add to the talented team he's already on for a low price because boston was in theory, done for the year and have no future as contenders. Not to leave a team with Blake Griffin to come play with a guy who is about to retire.

Well, I'm glad that KG chose to stay.

Evidently, he still sees some life in this team.

Chris Paul can have the Clips.....and judging from their performance today, I just don't see them getting much further than last season, which is sad.

Del Negro will probably lose his job, which is unfortunate. Another coach will be brought in to appease Chris. Cycle starts all over again.

« Reply #1108 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

OKC just swept them.

Chris Paul can have the Clips.....and judging from their performance today, I just don't see them getting much further than last season, which is sad.

Del Negro will probably lose his job, which is unfortunate. Another coach will be brought in to appease Chris. Cycle starts all over again.

Del Negro is a horrible coach. I'm surprised the Clippers even hired him to begin with.
KG is a loyal guy. He stayed in boston because he's not a ring chaser, not because he thinks the celtics are a favorite for banner 18 this year. I'm glad he stayed here, but I'm not making any illusions about this team going to the finals.

« Reply #1109 on: March 03, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

OKC just swept them.

Del Negro is a horrible coach. I'm surprised the Clippers even hired him to begin with.
KG is a loyal guy. He stayed in boston because he's not a ring chaser, not because he thinks the celtics are a favorite for banner 18 this year. I'm glad he stayed here, but I'm not making any illusions about this team going to the finals.

Good point.

I'm still not counting this group out, though - especially the way KG upped his game last post-season.

Remember that game vs the Hawks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BUHk-HhHTs

We won't have Rondo, sadly, but at least KG will have Wilcox backing him up, and Pierce will have Green.

You just never know sometimes. I can't count this group out.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:33:22 PM by GreenFaith1819 »