Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 217628 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #780 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Love Rubio's vision and pin-point passing.

« Reply #781 on: February 01, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
lakers showing signs of their road woes yet again. keep it up minny. ;D

« Reply #782 on: February 01, 2013, 11:54:27 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
Rubio is getting Rondo-like treatment from other teams. He is killing Minnesota's spacing on offense at the moment.
He is shooting 27% from the floor this season. I know he is recovering from injury but that's not the reason - he shoot only 35% last year. Rubio is getting a lot of love around the league because of his fancy passes but if he doesn't improve his shooting numbers Wolves will have a lot of problems in the future.

« Reply #783 on: February 02, 2013, 12:39:05 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
The Raptors have a bunch of long wings. Haven't said this in a long time but the Raptors are looking to be a tough match up.

« Reply #784 on: February 02, 2013, 03:18:34 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Rubio is getting Rondo-like treatment from other teams. He is killing Minnesota's spacing on offense at the moment.
He is shooting 27% from the floor this season. I know he is recovering from injury but that's not the reason - he shoot only 35% last year. Rubio is getting a lot of love around the league because of his fancy passes but if he doesn't improve his shooting numbers Wolves will have a lot of problems in the future.
I'm really starting to question Rubio's scoring ability.  I mean I saw a game a few weeks ago where he straight up air-balled an open layup.  It didn't slip out of his hands, he didn't bobble the ball going up, he wasn't even really rushing the shot, nor did he look down at his hand afterwards like "why did you just do that?"  No remorse at all.

He obviously can't be that bad.  But he does have some pretty clear issues between the ears.  You have to have a pretty poor scoring mentality to put that little effort into a lay in.  You should be able to shoot more than 28% in your sleep.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #785 on: February 02, 2013, 03:21:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm really starting to question Rubio's scoring ability.  I mean I saw a game a few weeks ago where he straight up air-balled an open layup.  It didn't slip out of his hands, he didn't bobble the ball going up, he wasn't even really rushing the shot, nor did he look down at his hand afterwards like "why did you just do that?"  No remorse at all.

He obviously can't be that bad.  But he does have some pretty clear issues between the ears.  You have to have a pretty poor scoring mentality to put that little effort into a lay in.  You should be able to shoot more than 28% in your sleep.

Yeah, many of the questions that surrounded Rubio before he started playing in the league are starting to surface about him again.  Have to wonder if his ability to score early in his first season was just that teams hadn't played against him yet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #786 on: February 02, 2013, 06:43:13 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I cannot STAND the Lakers...always have always will.

I despise "Showtime" from the 80's...Magic with that smile of his as he carved up BOS in 87 with that hook over Chief and McHale...

Still can't stand them...that won't change, period.

BUT - Look at Kobe Bean Bryant...sharing the ROCK... :o :o

Strange times.

Mike D'Antoni deserves at least a mention of Coach of the Year for pulling THAT off...I'm sure Nash probably has something to do with it, too.

Never thought I'd see it.

Kudos to Kobe Bryant for changing his game for the sake of the team...he's one of the All-Time Greats..

Here's hoping that he regresses to his old ways come Feb 7..... ;D

« Reply #787 on: February 02, 2013, 10:23:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Raptors have a bunch of long wings. Haven't said this in a long time but the Raptors are looking to be a tough match up.
Yeah, I think the Raptors are really exciting now with Rudy Gay there.

I hope they don't put Bargnani back in the starting lineup if they don't manage to trade him. They have a really athletic and active starting five there.

PG: Lowry
SG: DeRozan
SF: Gay
PF: Amir
C:  Valanciounas

I think that unit will cause a lot of problems for teams with their size, length and high level athleticism. Pretty good defensive unit and rebounding unit. Offensively, not strong but enough of a threat.

Their bench is pretty good too. Except for PG.

PG: Lucas III
SG: Ross, A.Anderson
SF: Fields, Kleiza
PF: Bargnani, Acy
C:  Gray, Haddadi

« Reply #788 on: February 02, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Kyrie just dropped a dagger right in Westbrook's disgusting face.  He destroyed the Thunder for 11 points in the fourth, 30 for the game.

Great game, and great win for Cleveland.  I wonder if Westbrook's outburst in the Memphis game had anything to do with the loss.

« Reply #789 on: February 02, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
A Kyrie-Lebron pairing would be unstoppable.  Man, that kid is clutch.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #790 on: February 02, 2013, 10:29:49 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
A Kyrie-Lebron pairing would be unstoppable.  Man, that kid is clutch.

Stop pitchin' last year and start up Pick Dos already!

« Reply #791 on: February 02, 2013, 10:33:39 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
MKG took a knee to the head and got carted off.  He wasn't moving and his eyes were closed.

I got flashbacks to Quisy.  Keep the guy in your prayers, he's a good kid.

« Reply #792 on: February 02, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
MKG took a knee to the head and got carted off.  He wasn't moving and his eyes were closed.

I got flashbacks to Quisy.  Keep the guy in your prayers, he's a good kid.

I know.... now the star of my 2nd favorite team is gone.... plus he was such a gud prospect... Shabazz rumors anyone?
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #793 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Calderon about to make his debut for Detroit vs the Lakers.

Very interested to see how this new-look Pistons team fares. How that new-look backcourt works out. How they combine with their young big men.

Also, I love Calderon's game. I hope this works out well for him there.

Edit: Nevermind. Calderon isn't playing. He is in a suit on the sidelines. He won't play.

Announcers said Jose might be ready to go tomorrow against the Knicks but it's not a sure thing. Darn it. I was looking forward to this game all morning. Ahh, Dwight Howard isn't playing either. So no Drummond vs Dwight matchup. This game stinks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:14:43 PM by Who »

« Reply #794 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
C:  Drummond
PF: Monroe
SF: Jerebko
SG: Singler
PG: W.Bynum

Huge Pistons lineup 2 through 5. Keying a Pistons run to open the 2nd period. Lots of size and length defensively and on the boards.