Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 218441 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Wade's play was worrying for Miami. Very up and down this season. He is looking less and less reliable for Miami. They may have a major problem on their hands with Wade.

Bosh played badly. He'll do better in the future.

Glad to know we're not the only team with crappy guard defense on the pick and roll.

Yeah, there's roughly thirty teams in the league that fit that description.

How wrong you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XATNJrbYVo

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Wade's play was worrying for Miami. Very up and down this season. He is looking less and less reliable for Miami. They may have a major problem on their hands with Wade.

Glad to know we're not the only team with crappy guard defense on the pick and roll.

How wrong you are.

Yeah, you are probably right.  That fifty-six second clip definitively proves that Mike Conley never gets caught on a screen and lets elite point guards get in the lane. 

Sarcasm aside, I'm very impressed with the Grizzlies so far and would love to see them knock off the big boys out West and make it to the Finals this year.  That would be cool.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2012, 10:41:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why is the national team of Brazil playing in the NBA?!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

How wrong you are.

Yeah, you are probably right.  That fifty-six second clip definitively proves that Mike Conley never gets caught on a screen and lets elite point guards get in the lane. 

Sarcasm aside, I'm very impressed with the Grizzlies so far and would love to see them knock off the big boys out West and make it to the Finals this year.  That would be cool.

Feel free to watch 35 minutes of Conley anytime you like.

Top 15 in defensive rating amongst a nest of big men.

Not 56 seconds of edited flukes after all.

« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

How wrong you are.

Feel free to watch 35 minutes of Conley anytime you like.

Top 15 in defensive rating amongst a nest of big men.

Not 56 seconds of edited flukes after all.

I never said that I think the clips on the video are flukes.  It seems to me that they are chosen to prove a point about how good Memphis' pick and roll D is.  That's not fluke, that's design. 

Conley's defensive rating is impressive.  We all know that it's not anything approaching a definitive stat about a player's defense.  Nonetheless, it is impressive, and I look forward to getting a chance to see Memphis play at some point this season. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Paul George's lack of development as a ball-handler and as a shot-creator has been disappointing. He still looks more like a complementary piece (4th or 5th option) than a star talent offensively. 

I am disappointed that he hasn't done more both (1) in his third season, and, (2) with Danny Granger out which has given him a lot more opportunities.

« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I don't know why guys like JaVale McGee don't just turn and shoot when a little guy like DJ Augustin is caught defending him in the post.

Who cares about drawing the double team? You practically have a wide open five footer, take the [dang] shot.

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Andre Miller is such a savvy player. Dragging Denver back into the lead.

I think he is the real leader of that team. A guy who shows up in tough situations and guy who others really seem to respect and follow.

« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I don't think Nick Collison or Serge Ibaka can defend Dwight Howard.

I think OKC need a second guy behind Perk who can defend Dwight for 10-15mpg in the playoffs. A Jason Collins type.

« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I think OKC need a second guy behind Perk who can defend Dwight for 10-15mpg in the playoffs. A Jason Collins type.

Collison only has to foul Howard. And they have Orton to add six more fouls if needed.

« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Collison only has to foul Howard. And they have Orton to add six more fouls if needed.
I don't believe in that hack-a-Howard strategy.

I think that will work out for the Lakers far more often than it'll benefit the team doing it.

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I don't believe in that hack-a-Howard strategy.

I think that will work out for the Lakers far more often than it'll benefit the team doing it.

I forgot to mention Thabeet. He should do well in that role.

« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2012, 04:13:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
How about Andray Blatche's 24.32 PER? WOW.

The man is averaging 11.2 pts, 6.6 rebs, and nearly a block in just over 20 min for the season.

I'm happy for the man that turns it around.

Just over the last 5 games, all starts, he's averaging 18.4 and 11.2 rebs in just over 30 min while Brook Lopez is out. I guess my only knock on him would be his lack of blocks, but He's turning into a legitimate NBA big man and helping BKN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JIzRMV8tDU

I'm happy for the man.

« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2012, 04:33:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
How about Andray Blatche's 24.32 PER? WOW.

The man is averaging 11.2 pts, 6.6 rebs, and nearly a block in just over 20 min for the season.

I'm happy for the man that turns it around.

Just over the last 5 games, all starts, he's averaging 18.4 and 11.2 rebs in just over 30 min while Brook Lopez is out. I guess my only knock on him would be his lack of blocks, but He's turning into a legitimate NBA big man and helping BKN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JIzRMV8tDU

I'm happy for the man.

He's always had the potential.  Was just thinking about this the other day.  It must be maddening for Wizard fans, seeing guys like Blatche and Javale go off to other teams and flourish (take a look at what Javale is doing this year -- it's even more impressive than Blatche). 

The thing is, Wiz fans must have known all along that those guys would have to go elsewhere to break out.  They couldn't do it on the Wizards, playing together.  It was just not an atmosphere conducive to winning.  Apparently, it still isn't.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2012, 10:26:12 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
Utah making the lakers look mediocre...

Its beautiful.