Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 218301 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Am I reading this correctly? The Thunder are up 76-25 over the Bobcats? 51 point lead?

Yes! Yikes  ;D

WOW! The Bobcats should just quit and go home.

« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »

Kiorrik

Am I reading this correctly? The Thunder are up 76-25 over the Bobcats? 51 point lead?

Yes! Yikes  ;D

Score looks like that's hat they actually did :)

« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Refs (as usual) are ruining an NBA game in this Ny Brooklyn game

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yes! Yikes  ;D

Score looks like that's hat they actually did :)

It looks like the Bobcats were able to claw their way back into it and only lose by 45 in the end. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Refs (as usual) are ruining an NBA game in this Ny Brooklyn game

Knicks fans are loving the fact that brooklyn beat them....loving it.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2012, 04:25:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The San Antonio Spurs have sent four of their top-five leading scorers back home instead of playing the Miami Heat on Thursday in a nationally televised game.

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green did not travel with the team after Wednesday night’s win in Orlando. The Spurs were already without Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson.

Link

« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
The San Antonio Spurs have sent four of their top-five leading scorers back home instead of playing the Miami Heat on Thursday in a nationally televised game.

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green did not travel with the team after Wednesday night’s win in Orlando. The Spurs were already without Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson.

Link

Right or wrong, Popovich certainly approaches the NBA season differently than any other coach.  Very interesting post.  Doesn't it seem like the Spurs do things like this more often when they're on national TV?  Or maybe it just feels that way because those games are more memorable.

« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Miami have got to get Bonner off the court. His three point shooting and floor spacing is a major boost to an offense short on options. He makes everybody else more effective. Especially Splitter.

They can't just use their usual lineups. They have to go even smaller. Put Rashard Lewis on the bench and slide LeBron James to power forward, play D-Wade at small forward and use Ray Allen at shooting guard. Bonner doesn't have a hope in hell of defending any of those players. San Antonio will have no option but to take him off the floor.

The Spurs are short on wing defenders with size with Jacks, Kawhi and D.Green out. LeBron and D-Wade will be able to overpower San Antonio's guards easily.

Miami will run out to an easy victory.

« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2012, 10:53:09 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ray with the not necessary game winner but just about HUGE three to put them ahead in the final minute
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2012, 07:42:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Chris Bosh is off to a nice start. He is scoring 20.1ppg versus the 18.0ppg and 18.7ppg he was averaging his first two years in Miami. His field goal percentage has risen 48.7% and 49.6% up to 56%. His TS% up from around 56% to 64%.

Chris Bosh can maintain those offensive numbers in that Miami system if they continue to use him as an undersized finesse based center in a quick lineup with superior floor spacing.

Bosh's offensive rebounds are up again too. Up to 2.5 per game versus the 1.6 and 1.8 offensive boards he averaged the previous two years. He was up closer to 3 offensive boards a game in Toronto so I think there is still more he can do there. Especially with slashers like LeBron and Wade creating an increased number of opportunities for offensive rebounds with their dribble penetration.

I am disappointed with his defensive rebounding though. Only 6 defensive boards per game. Bosh can do more than that. Spoelstra has to do a better job of pushing Bosh to concentrate on his rebounding. Bosh is like Pau Gasol. Bosh isn't a natural rebounder but he is capable of being a very good one. He just needs more direction. There is no reason for Bosh not to be pulling down 10-12 boards a game in that Miami team.

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2012, 07:54:32 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Chris Bosh is off to a nice start. He is scoring 20.1ppg versus the 18.0ppg and 18.7ppg he was averaging his first two years in Miami. His field goal percentage has risen 48.7% and 49.6% up to 56%. His TS% up from around 56% to 64%.

Chris Bosh can maintain those offensive numbers in that Miami system if they continue to use him as an undersized finesse based center in a quick lineup with superior floor spacing.

Bosh's offensive rebounds are up again too. Up to 2.5 per game versus the 1.6 and 1.8 offensive boards he averaged the previous two years. He was up closer to 3 offensive boards a game in Toronto so I think there is still more he can do there. Especially with slashers like LeBron and Wade creating an increased number of opportunities for offensive rebounds with their dribble penetration.

I am disappointed with his defensive rebounding though. Only 6 defensive boards per game. Bosh can do more than that. Spoelstra has to do a better job of pushing Bosh to concentrate on his rebounding. Bosh is like Pau Gasol. Bosh isn't a natural rebounder but he is capable of being a very good one. He just needs more direction. There is no reason for Bosh not to be pulling down 10-12 boards a game in that Miami team.

I dont know about you but I sincerely hope none of the Miami players get better at anything.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2012, 08:49:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm looking at the Heat-BKN game.

MIA may very well win this game, but BKN is getting more and more confident.

Blatche already has 12 pts and 5 rebs...DWill has 6 assists before halftime.

Blatche is a good story...I'm happy for the man that can turn it around.

Plus, BKN is giving HARD fouls...I don't know how in the world LeBron converted that And 1, but boy Stackhouse put him on his back with the foul.

We need someone off our bench to not play dirty, but give Stackhouse-like fouls...HARD fouls...without getting flagrants for it.

There is an art to it, too - ask 07-08 James Posey. That man had a GIFT of playing physical and giving HARD fouls right after the whistle and he always seemed to get away with it.

Look at him just maul Kobe after KG's putback here - right around the 30 sec mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeev8dZ0lg0

Raked him right across the arms after the whistle. Try to nail a jumper after that.

We need that once again. Maybe AB can substitute this to a degree with his defensive pressure once he returns, but we DO need to give some hard fouls every once in a while...this is one of the reasons why I miss Perk.

When Perk fouled, you FELT it. I felt some of Perks fouls right here in my living room.

« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I really hate Udonis Haslem as Miami's backup center in those small-ball lineups. He just doesn't give rim protection or enough of a threat offensively in the paint.

Haslem doesn't fit their roster anymore. They should move him.

« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2012, 09:30:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Miami can't have Mike Miller on Joe Johnson defensively. Gotta change that.

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2012, 01:17:43 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Here is how Denver's season looking so far: Three losses, four wins, three losses, four wins, three losses.

Talk about consistency now.