Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 217706 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #900 on: February 10, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Wow...no Duncan and no Manu, and Spurs STILL crush BKN in BKN.

Can't keep firing coaches....after a while, you have to take a LONG look at the players......

We are only 1 1/2 games behind them, and they are in 5th place.

We were lucky with our Big 3.  It normally takes awhile for a new team to fit together and learn to play together.  We saw that with LA after the Gasol trade, with Miami after signing LeBron and Bosh, with NY after trading for Carmelo. 

I think Brooklyn needs patience more than anything.  They also need Deron Williams to play like he did in Utah, when he was arguably the best PG in the game. 

« Reply #901 on: February 10, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Can't keep firing coaches....after a while, you have to take a LONG look at the players......

We were lucky with our Big 3.  It normally takes awhile for a new team to fit together and learn to play together.  We saw that with LA after the Gasol trade, with Miami after signing LeBron and Bosh, with NY after trading for Carmelo. 

I think Brooklyn needs patience more than anything.  They also need Deron Williams to play like he did in Utah, when he was arguably the best PG in the game.

Miami didn't really take long that was overblown.

I just don't think the nets have good players. No where near as much talent as our big 3 coming together or the Lebron, wade, bosh trio

« Reply #902 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:54 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders

Miami didn't really take long that was overblown.

I just don't think the nets have good players. No where near as much talent as our big 3 coming together or the Lebron, wade, bosh trio

Dallas didn't beat Miami because they were more talented.  They beat them because Miami hadn't learned how to play together yet.

I agree that their 3 aren't on the same level as Boston or Miami, though.  Still, in terms of talent they should be better than the fifth seed in a weak Eastern Conference. 

« Reply #903 on: February 11, 2013, 12:16:21 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Nets aren't getting enough worth for their money out of guys like Humphries and Wallace. You could probably throw DWill in there as well.

« Reply #904 on: February 11, 2013, 12:27:55 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
Nets aren't getting enough worth for their money out of guys like Humphries and Wallace. You could probably throw DWill in there as well.

Agree on all three counts.  Deron Williams should be a superstar.  I don't really know why Wallace's game has fallen off as much as it has.  Humphries lost his starting job to freaking Reggie Evans. 

We'll see if they get it together.  Like I said, I think they need to be patient - the pieces they have on that team should be good enough to make some noise. 

« Reply #905 on: February 12, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Wow, Fournier really has some nice size and length to him with a bit of quickness and leaping ability. Nice big two guard. Did a good job of breaking up that lob pass to Jonas Valanciounas. Most two guards couldn't make that play. Too small to get up there and stop the easy dunk. 

« Reply #906 on: February 12, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
A.Randolph with back-to-back turnovers in transition. Kyle Lowry picked his pocket on the first one and drew a charge on the second one.

Big time hustle by Lowry.

« Reply #907 on: February 12, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
It's crazy how high Rudy Gay's release point is on his pull up jump shot. Unblockable.

« Reply #908 on: February 12, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Valanciounas doing some nice work in the paint. Good footwork. Nice pivots. Head and ball fakes. Posting up smaller players. Finishing strong in traffic. Drawing fouls. he has shown more offensive skill in his rookie year than I was expecting. 

Jonas looks a lot bigger, stronger, since the start of the season too. Clearly putting a lot of work in in the weight room. Working hard.

« Reply #909 on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Valanciounas doing some nice work in the paint. Good footwork. Nice pivots. Head and ball fakes. Posting up smaller players. Finishing strong in traffic. Drawing fouls. he has shown more offensive skill in his rookie year than I was expecting. 

Jonas looks a lot bigger, stronger, since the start of the season too. Clearly putting a lot of work in in the weight room. Working hard.

Hope he turns out to be a big-time player too.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #910 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
A.Randolph with back-to-back turnovers in transition. Kyle Lowry picked his pocket on the first one and drew a charge on the second one.

Big time hustle by Lowry.

Why is Randolph even getting PT tonight?

« Reply #911 on: February 14, 2013, 07:36:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Dr. Jerry Buss is hospitalized, according to multiple sources familiar with the situation.

A Lakers spokesman declined to comment on the situation out of respect for the families' privacy. A hospital spokesman wouldn't confirm whether Buss was at the hospital.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Buss has an undisclosed form of cancer. The paper said he has spent time in the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, citing "multiple team personnel."

Buss
Buss

Buss has been in and out of the hospital for the past two years. The Lakers confirmed he was in the hospital in December 2011 for blood clots in his leg, which they said was caused by excessive travel.

Buss has passed the day-to-day operation of the team on to his children, Jim (who oversees basketball operations) and Jeanie (who oversees the business side of the franchise). He was involved, however, in the offseason acquisition of Steve Nash and Dwight Howard, and in the in-season coaching move that fired Mike Brown and hired Mike D'Antoni.

ESPN.com's Rick Reilly quoted Nash in a column two weeks ago about his first meeting with Buss.

"I went to the hospital in September, and we had a great talk," Nash said. "It was supposed to be five minutes, but we talked for about an hour. You could see he was fighting something big, but he still had a great spirit, a great mind. He's still full of life."

The Times reported that a number of current and former Lakers have visited Buss in the hospital in recent months.

Buss has owned the team since 1979 when he purchased the Lakers, the Forum, the Los Angeles Kings hockey team and real estate from Jack Kent Cooke. The team has won 10 of its 16 titles under Buss' ownership.

The Lakers were recently valued at $1 billion by Forbes magazine, the second most valuable team in the NBA behind the New York Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8949536/jerry-buss-los-angeles-lakers-owner-hospitalized

Prayers for Dr. Buss.

« Reply #912 on: February 14, 2013, 08:14:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Man, this OKC-Miami game is taking forever to start. It's a 8.15pm now.

Get on with it already!

« Reply #913 on: February 14, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Strong post up by Perk against Battier. I love that.

I always thought Perk was pretty effective in the post against undersized forwards when he was here in Boston. Just too big and strong. If he is given time to back his man down, Perk will get himself a good shot down there.

« Reply #914 on: February 14, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
That was a terrible shot by Wade. Forced the iso and pull up jumper along the baseline 18/19 feet oout with Thabo Sefolosha all over him.

Silly shot to take. What is the shooting percentage on that attempt? 25-30%? Dumb.