Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 217650 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #855 on: February 10, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Us vs. Knicks will be an interesting ECSF game probably... I like how we both have strong backcourts and the front-courts can be even if Bass plays well against Stoudemire.. Stoudemire vs. Bass really is the X-Factor.
I think the Knicks should be team Doc should be trying to get in the first round. Avoid Miami and Chicago. I think New York is the best matchup for Boston in that first round.

For some reason, it's irrational, but the Knicks concern me more than Miami.

And for some reason, not concerned about Chicago at all.

« Reply #856 on: February 10, 2013, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Us vs. Knicks will be an interesting ECSF game probably... I like how we both have strong backcourts and the front-courts can be even if Bass plays well against Stoudemire.. Stoudemire vs. Bass really is the X-Factor.
I think the Knicks should be team Doc should be trying to get in the first round. Avoid Miami and Chicago. I think New York is the best matchup for Boston in that first round.

Not concerned about Chicago? Must be kidding!
Knicks and Miami are debatable.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #857 on: February 10, 2013, 03:12:15 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

The only way NY beats us is if they are hot from the outside.  The problem is, they are better at doing that than any other team in the league.  The good thing is, taking and making jumpers can only get you so far.

Chicago's size will destroy us.  If Rose is even 75%, he'll find a way to torch us.

Miami has LeBron.  'Nuff said.

« Reply #858 on: February 10, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

The only way NY beats us is if they are hot from the outside.  The problem is, they are better at doing that than any other team in the league.  The good thing is, taking and making jumpers can only get you so far.

Chicago's size will destroy us.  If Rose is even 75%, he'll find a way to torch us.

Chicago doesn't have Asik, and they may trade Boozer. I don't think they have that much of a size advatnage

« Reply #859 on: February 10, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
I wish Griffin would quit whining and get back on defense.  That kind of behavior is saved for Wade, LeBron, Carmelo, Kobe, and Dwight.

« Reply #860 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Chicago doesn't have Asik, and they may trade Boozer. I don't think they have that much of a size advatnage

Both Noah and Gibson are superb rebounders.  It doesn't help that KG and Bass are allergic to paint.

« Reply #861 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Kidd should be coming off the bench. I don't understand the Knicks lineups.

Kidd-Felton was working really well earlier in the year... Iman coming back was a monkey wrench >_>

The knicks perimeter D was there achilles heal though, and Shumpert was supposed to fix that. Kidd should also be stabilizing the 2nd unit. Prigioni is mediocre.

I like Kidd in the starting lineup. I think he plays an important stabilizing role for that unit. Both offensively and in terms of leadership.

I think offensively, Kidd still brings good quality to the table -- strong decision making, extra ball-handling, ball mover, better quality shots, less turnovers, ball goes where it is supposed to go more often than when others are in game. Plus, the spot-up shooting.

Knicks were the best team in the league at limiting their turnovers earlier in the year in large part due to their two guard backcourt and small-ball lineup with two SFs and one center. I think they also had the best turnover differential in the league at that time too. Again, Kidd as a starter played a huge role in that.

Sticking Shumpert in there instead of Kidd. He is too erratic. Bad decision maker. Poor shot-selection. Overly aggressive. Doesn't accept lesser role offensively. Turns the ball over to often. Ball stopper. Offense doesn't work as smoothly.

I also think Kidd's leadership is vitally important. Along with Tyson Chandler. Very important to have those type of competitors around Carmelo. Similar to the effect they had on the Dallas Mavericks. Excellent team orientated guys who like to impact the game outside of scoring. Great example for Melo and the other players. Kidd has tremendous determination and competitive spirit too. Same intensity and urgency no matter whether Kidd's team is up 10-15 or down 20. He never gives up.

The rest of the guys all respond to Kidd's leadership just like they did in Dallas and in New Jersey. That never say die attitude and team focus is very important for a Knick team that has two stars that can selfish and overly focused on shot attempts and scoring (as well as role players like Shumpert and sometimes Felton).

For me, I think 4 players have to be in the starting lineup = Tyson, Melo, Kidd and Felton. It's just a question for me of who is the final starter alongside them.

« Reply #862 on: February 10, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

J.R. Smith scares the bejesus out of me lol. And I'm concerned about the impact of Amare during the playoffs while healthy. I just don't know what to expect from them game in and game out, and that really concerns me.

I really don't care for Chicago's size, it really doesn't concern me.

I'm very comfortable with our ability to disrupt most of what Miami wants to do, and our ability to defend Wade and their other role players, that I'm I think we'll perform well against them. If LeBron goes off, he goes off, not much you can do about it, so not going to worry about it.

« Reply #863 on: February 10, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I am worried about Amare Stoudemire.

I think Boston matches up very well with everyone else on that roster but Amare off the bench is a real problem. He is the X-Factor that can decide the series. That extra weapon that pushes NYK ahead of Boston or fails and allows Boston to take advantage.

There is nobody off the bench here who can matchup with him. So athletic. So quick. So big and strong. Such a skilled finisher around the paint. So explosive. Danger man.

I am fine with the options against their backcourt, against Melo and against Tyson Chandler in the paint but Amare scares me. He is a guy that Boston doesn't have an answer to.

« Reply #864 on: February 10, 2013, 03:22:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I think Boston matches up very well with everyone else on that roster but Amare off the bench is a real problem. He is the X-Factor that can decide the series. That extra weapon that pushes NYK ahead of Boston or fails and allows Boston to take advantage.

There is nobody off the bench here who can matchup with him. So athletic. So quick. So big and strong. Such a skilled finisher around the paint. So explosive. Danger man.

I am fine with the options against their backcourt, against Melo and against Tyson Chandler in the paint but Amare scares me. He is a guy that Boston doesn't have an answer to.

Bring back Scalabrine for this series?

« Reply #865 on: February 10, 2013, 03:28:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Bring back Scalabrine for this series?

Bass is the only way we can do it. And if he scores 17points in a quarter again... sure! WHY NOT!?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #866 on: February 10, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

J.R. Smith scares the bejesus out of me lol. And I'm concerned about the impact of Amare during the playoffs while healthy. I just don't know what to expect from them game in and game out, and that really concerns me.

I really don't care for Chicago's size, it really doesn't concern me.

I'm very comfortable with our ability to disrupt most of what Miami wants to do, and our ability to defend Wade and their other role players, that I'm I think we'll perform well against them. If LeBron goes off, he goes off, not much you can do about it, so not going to worry about it.

JR Smith can be good, but not for a whole series (he isn't consistent enough [see today's game vs clips]).

Brandon Bass vs. Amar'e Stoudemire will be the most important matchup.

Lee/Bradley/Barbosa vs. Kidd/Shump/Felton is about equal...
Pierce vs. Anthony can be about equal...
Garnett vs. Chandler can be about equal...
Bass vs. Stoudemire is a real question mark...

And also Jeff Green and JR Smith can each have important roles if they play well enough.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #867 on: February 10, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
I'd love to see the Lakers get whipped pretty badly vs. Miami.  Maybe it'll force Kupchak into a blow-up trade.

« Reply #868 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Miami should destroy LA with the quickness advantage they have and the Lakers slow feet defensively.

« Reply #869 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I'd love to see the Lakers get whipped pretty badly vs. Miami.  Maybe it'll force Kupchak into a blow-up trade.

I'd rather the Lakers beat the Heat.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]