Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 217721 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #840 on: February 10, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Bledsoe is killing the Knicks defense

« Reply #841 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
From the East, the Knicks is the team that really concerns me, and if there's one series I'll really miss Rondo, it'll be against the Knicks. For some reason, against the Knicks Rondo always seemed to do a good job pushing the ball and attacking them in transition.

We were ok without him that game
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #842 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
From the East, the Knicks is the team that really concerns me, and if there's one series I'll really miss Rondo, it'll be against the Knicks. For some reason, against the Knicks Rondo always seemed to do a good job pushing the ball and attacking them in transition.

The Bulls scare me more.

Until I see Carmelo win a series with NY (which he hasn't), I'll never be scared of him or that Knick team.  You live by the three, you die by the three.

« Reply #843 on: February 10, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Us vs. Knicks will be an interesting ECSF game probably... I like how we both have strong backcourts and the front-courts can be even if Bass plays well against Stoudemire.. Stoudemire vs. Bass really is the X-Factor.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #844 on: February 10, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

The Bulls scare me more.

Until I see Carmelo win a series with NY (which he hasn't), I'll never be scared of him or that Knick team.  You live by the three, you die by the three.

I've yet to see a team that relies on 3 pt shooting win the NBA title.

« Reply #845 on: February 10, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

The Bulls scare me more.

DALLAS MAVERICKS
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #846 on: February 10, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

The Bulls scare me more.

DALLAS MAVERICKS

They had much more than 3 pt shooting. Dirk in the post was huge, Terry off mid range jumpers was huge, Kidd's ball handling and Marion's transition game were huge...

« Reply #847 on: February 10, 2013, 02:58:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

The Bulls scare me more.

DALLAS MAVERICKS

They had much more than 3 pt shooting. Dirk in the post was huge, Terry off mid range jumpers was huge, Kidd's ball handling and Marion's transition game wee huge...

So do the Knicks...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #848 on: February 10, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

The Bulls scare me more.

DALLAS MAVERICKS

They had much more than 3 pt shooting. Dirk in the post was huge, Terry off mid range jumpers was huge, Kidd's ball handling and Marion's transition game wee huge...

So do the Knicks...

Not at all. Their coaching staff is all in on the 3pt strategy. They should be starting Stoudamire with Melo and Chandler and pounding the ball inside. Then run off defensive stops. Use the 3pt shooters to open up the paint for Amare and Melo.

« Reply #849 on: February 10, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Same problem with DiAntoni and the lakers. How could you not start Pau Gasol with Howard and just pound the ball inside????

« Reply #850 on: February 10, 2013, 03:03:06 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jamal Crawford's ball-handling and shot-creation is a beautiful sight at times.

It's a shame he doesn't make better decisions. So gifted.

« Reply #851 on: February 10, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

The Bulls scare me more.

DALLAS MAVERICKS

So do the Knicks...

Not at all. Their coaching staff is all in on the 3pt strategy. They should be starting Stoudamire with Melo and Chandler and pounding the ball inside. Then run off defensive stops. Use the 3pt shooters to open up the paint for Amare and Melo.

Melo is a monster anywhere on the court
Stoudemire is OK with back-to-basket or face-up

Chandler is unstoppable near the hoop

Felton/Shump can penetrate well enough

Kidd/Novak and anyone can shoot threes

And JR Smith can shoot ill-advised jumpers from anywhere!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #852 on: February 10, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

J-Crossover!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #853 on: February 10, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Us vs. Knicks will be an interesting ECSF game probably... I like how we both have strong backcourts and the front-courts can be even if Bass plays well against Stoudemire.. Stoudemire vs. Bass really is the X-Factor.
I think the Knicks should be team Doc should be trying to get in the first round. Avoid Miami and Chicago. I think New York is the best matchup for Boston in that first round.

« Reply #854 on: February 10, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

I've always thought that if Crawford's BBIQ and defense were better, he'd be a perennial All Star.