Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 217652 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:35 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Kobe Bryant is incredible.

Leading the league in scoring (30.3ppg) and having the most efficient scoring (59.2% TS%) season of his career at the age of 34 and after playing over 52,000 combined minutes regular season and playoffs. Incredible. What Kobe is doing this season, incredible.

« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:53 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
cp3 flops and gets howard out of the game.

« Reply #437 on: January 05, 2013, 01:24:56 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I hate these replays. Basketball is a game of speed and fluidity. You cannot stop games for replays without hurting the integrity of the game.

I would rather live with a few missed calls.

« Reply #438 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
i personally like the replays considering all the bad calls we always get.

« Reply #439 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:51 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Kobe Bryant is incredible.

Leading the league in scoring (30.3ppg) and having the most efficient scoring (59.2% TS%) season of his career at the age of 34 and after playing over 52,000 combined minutes regular season and playoffs. Incredible. What Kobe is doing this season, incredible.

Hate to say it, but KG's and Kobe's work ethic and the amount of work they put into their game even in their twilight years, that's just amazing...unrivaled and very impressive.

And CP3 probably just finished the game with that shot. Kobe and him have been going at it all game long. Have to love that as a viewer.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #440 on: January 05, 2013, 01:32:51 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
If I'm a Clippers fan, I wouldn't be too ecstatic with this win. But I guess a win is a win...and Lakers lose..so all is well :D
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #441 on: January 05, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
More trouble in Laker land:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8815392/pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-says-request-trade

Pau, in D'Antoni's system - ain't working, and that's too bad.

Pau Gasol is still a top 5 PF and a top 15 Player. While he's certainly not the same Pau from a yr or two ago, he still can bring 18-20 pts, 8-9 rebs, 2-3 dimes, and a block or two a night, I'm sure.

It's baffling to me why Mike Brown and D'Antoni haven't utilized him...he just cannot be THAT bad.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:37:22 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #442 on: January 05, 2013, 10:06:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Another player to show love for Rondo

3. Which NBA player is your favorite to watch when you’re not playing?

Iguodala: That’s a good question. I like watching [Rajon] Rondo play. I’m a Rondo fan. He thinks the game. He’s never really reacting. He’s always there before anyone else. He sees things ahead of time. His ability to do certain things in transition or in the half-court setting. Defensively, he knows a team’s plays, he knows where to be. He’s a student of the game. He looks like the smartest guy out there all the time.

Link: Sports Illustrated

« Reply #443 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Iguodala: That’s a good question. I like watching [Rajon] Rondo play. I’m a Rondo fan. He thinks the game. He’s never really reacting. He’s always there before anyone else. He sees things ahead of time. His ability to do certain things in transition or in the half-court setting. Defensively, he knows a team’s plays, he knows where to be. He’s a student of the game. He looks like the smartest guy out there all the time.

Thanks for the link.

I'd guess most of the elite defenders and passers (like Josh Smith) love watching Rondo.  Guys like players that play like them.

Kobe probably likes watching Nick Young haha.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #444 on: January 06, 2013, 10:37:30 AM »

Kiorrik

Thanks for the link.

I'd guess most of the elite defenders and passers (like Josh Smith) love watching Rondo.  Guys like players that play like them.

Kobe probably likes watching Nick Young haha.
Nah, he just watches himself. Over. And over. Again.

« Reply #445 on: January 06, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Oh, nice strong post up play and short hook shot by Tayshaun Prince over MKG to put the Pistons up 2 with 2 minutes left. Tayshaun making big plays down the stretch for Detroit once again.

I've been avoiding the Bobcats games this year but I have been hearing that MKG has been playing really good defense as a rookie. I read that opponents haven't been able to post him up well either. That is very physical and has been doing a good job keeping guys out of the post.

Next possession, Prince draws the double team, finds the open shooter, miss, hustles, grabs the offensive rebound and calls a timeout before falling out of bounds. Giving his team an extra possession. Minute thirty remaining.

It's a shame this guy is wasting his best remaining years on a lottery team like Detroit. Prince is still one of the best glue guys in the NBA. Needs to find his way onto a title-contender.

« Reply #446 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Very nice block by Drummond on Kemba's short shot. Ball goes back to Bobcats, Kemba gets it back, works over Brandon Knight off the dribble (really good defensive player), curls into the lane, takes the long floater this time to beat Drummond, nails it. Huge play by Kemba Walker. Tie game with 7 seconds left.

Detroit are on absolute train wreck on the next play. End up with Stuckey picking up his dribbling, pump faking, defender (Kemba) not biting, then taking a fallaway contested jumper from 23 feet. Air ball. And he left one second on the clock for Charlotte to hoist up one final attempt. Terrible execution.

« Reply #447 on: January 06, 2013, 10:05:42 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
For somebody who would know better than me:  has Biyombo progressed at all since he was drafted? 

« Reply #448 on: January 06, 2013, 10:06:51 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
It's nice to see Tyrus Thomas back from injury. He is someone I'd like to see Danny to keep an eye on for a possible smaller trade (Bass for Tyrus). I think Tyrus could add a lot to Boston if he's healthy.

Tyrus Thomas just pulled down an incredible offensive rebound, kicked it back out and Charlotte got another basket off the next shot attempt. Skies along the baseline to steal it away from Detroit. I haven't seen the whole game but physically he looked healthy on that play.

« Reply #449 on: January 06, 2013, 10:09:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Oh, beautiful drive and reverse layup by Kemba Walker to put Charlotte up 6 with a minute and change left in overtime.

The Bobcats went small there with Tyrus Thomas at center against Drummond. The Pistons didn't even think of throwing Drummond (7-0, 270lbs) the ball to post up Tyrus (6-8, 230lbs). Tells you a lot about how weak Drummond's game is offensively.