Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 222406 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1620 on: April 07, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Look: Kevin Durant took 19.2 shots a game in last year's Playoffs. Russell Westbrook took 20.4. This was enough to get them to the Finals, beating out the best of the West.

One of the reasons KD shoots such a high percentage, is that there are other players who can score on the team: Ibaka, Westbrook and Martin (thabo, reggie)

Let Westbrook shoot!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1621 on: April 07, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Look: Kevin Durant took 19.2 shots a game in last year's Playoffs. Russell Westbrook took 20.4. This was enough to get them to the Finals, beating out the best of the West.

One of the reasons KD shoots such a high percentage, is that there are other players who can score on the team: Ibaka, Westbrook and Martin (thabo, reggie)

Let Westbrook shoot!

So you think it's alright for the best scorer in the league to take fewer shots because other guys on his team can score, too?  To each their own, I guess.

« Reply #1622 on: April 07, 2013, 02:07:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Can not stand Westbrook, he represents everything that is wrong with many of toady's PG's.  He is an inefficient chucker.  He is easily the most over-rated PG in the league.

OKC will never win a championship with Westbrook taking more shots than Durant.  Westbrook needs to focus more on passing the ball, like a PG is supposed to do.

« Reply #1623 on: April 07, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Let Westbrook shoot!

So you think it's alright for the best scorer in the league to take fewer shots because other guys on his team can score, too?  To each their own, I guess.

Does KD want to shoot more? "To each their own"?

Don't forget this:
KD tracks his numbers in his head obsessively throughout games, down to turnovers, assists, what he’s shooting from the floor, rebounds and of course, points. I remember a game last season where Durant threw a half-oop, half-shot out of bounds. He came over to the scorekeeper and asked him if he had scored it a turnover or a shot attempt. The scorekeeper said turnover, to which Durant said, “Good, I’d rather have a turnover than a miss.”
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1624 on: April 07, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Let Westbrook shoot!

Does KD want to shoot more? "To each their own"?

Don't forget this:
KD tracks his numbers in his head obsessively throughout games, down to turnovers, assists, what he’s shooting from the floor, rebounds and of course, points. I remember a game last season where Durant threw a half-oop, half-shot out of bounds. He came over to the scorekeeper and asked him if he had scored it a turnover or a shot attempt. The scorekeeper said turnover, to which Durant said, “Good, I’d rather have a turnover than a miss.”

Where'd you get that quote from?

Yes, KD wishes he didn't play with a SG masquerading as a PG.

That phrase was directed at your opinion, which I vehemently disagree with.

« Reply #1625 on: April 07, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
Can not stand Westbrook, he represents everything that is wrong with many of toady's PG's.  He is an inefficient chucker.  He is easily the most over-rated PG in the league.

OKC will never win a championship with Westbrook taking more shots than Durant.  Westbrook needs to focus more on passing the ball, like a PG is supposed to do.

TP

« Reply #1626 on: April 07, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Just imagine if they put Russell as a SG on the box scores... "wow, he's so good! 7.6apg is the most assists by a shooting guard! omgggg"
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1627 on: April 07, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
Just imagine if they put Russell as a SG on the box scores... "wow, he's so good! 7.6apg is the most assists by a shooting guard! omgggg"

As long as he plays with Durant, I could care less what position he plays.

He's still a ballhog.  Hell, even if he doesn't play with Durant, he'd still be a ballhog.

Edit: still waiting on that link, CC.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:26:10 PM by CelticsFan9 »

« Reply #1628 on: April 07, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

If Westbrook moved to the SG, where he actually belongs anyway, there's no way he'd average 7.6 apg.

I've seen too many Thunder game's where I've seen Westbrook take shots that leave me thinking "what the heck was that?".  If Westbrook would just focus a little more on passing the ball, and lower his shot attempts to somewhere in the range of 15-16 per game, he'd likely average about the same PPG, but greatly improve the overall efficiency of the team offense.

« Reply #1629 on: April 07, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
On another note, the Knicks are playing some excellent ball lately.  They seem to be back to their early season form.

I'm nowhere near as confident in the Celtics' ability to beat them in a playoff series as I previously was.

« Reply #1630 on: April 07, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
On another note, the Knicks are playing some excellent ball lately.  They seem to be back to their early season form.

I'm nowhere near as confident in the Celtics' ability to beat them in a playoff series as I previously was.

Live by the three, die by the three.

When games get tight, Melo will just iso, which I'm okay with.  Part of the Knicks' mid season problems was offensive stagnation.

Still not scared of NY.

« Reply #1631 on: April 07, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

When games get tight, Melo will just iso, which I'm okay with.  Part of the Knicks' mid season problems was offensive stagnation.

Still not scared of NY.

as they're certainly not scared of the Celtics.

« Reply #1632 on: April 07, 2013, 03:09:56 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Still not scared of NY.

And?  Your point?

« Reply #1633 on: April 07, 2013, 03:13:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Still not scared of NY.

And?  Your point?

2013 Playoffs - Round 1
(2) New York Knicks - 1
(7) Boston Celtics - 4
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1634 on: April 07, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Still not scared of NY.

And?  Your point?

2013 Playoffs - Round 1
(2) New York Knicks - 1
(7) Boston Celtics - 4

I think we take it in 6.