Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 218693 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1605 on: April 07, 2013, 06:01:18 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Did anybody catch the Knicks/Bucks game?

NY scares me ain't gonna lie

Not me.

They are playing better this year, but if we meet them in a series I absolutely LOVE our opportunity against them.

If we face them, they'll see 35+ consistent minutes of Paul Pierce/Jeff Green and that is going to be a potent mix this post-season.

NY may win the Atlantic, but the post-season is still up for grabs.
I don't know the fact that they can put up points on you in bunches scares me especially when we struggle to score. I'd rather have went up against Indiana who we always seem to play well against, just think Melo and all those shooters will give us problems. Hopefully Lee snaps out of his shooting slump as well as Bradley because well need those corner threes to fall against them. Defense alone isn't going to get it done.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1606 on: April 07, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
lol, westbrook is a poing guard who didn't pass the ball once in the last 5 possessions
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #1607 on: April 07, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
lol, westbrook is a poing guard who didn't pass the ball once in the last 5 possessions

There's nothing wrong with that, I'm sure no one says anything when Kevin Garnett doesn't go to the post for five straight possessions
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1608 on: April 07, 2013, 01:31:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Serge Ibaka, 4-4 and 1-1 from downtown for 9 points in the first.

GIVE IT TO DURANT. Durant better win the scoring title. (Melo only played 62 games this season lolnoob)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1609 on: April 07, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

There's nothing wrong with that, I'm sure no one says anything when Kevin Garnett doesn't go to the post for five straight possessions

It's a PG's job to distribute.

It's not a PF's job to post up, at least not in today's game.

« Reply #1610 on: April 07, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If the Knicks keep shooting like this going into the playoffs, expect nothing more than a first round exit for the Celtics... :'(
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #1611 on: April 07, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

In today's game? Who said it's a PG's job to distribute "in today's game"?  ::) ??? :o ;D :D ;) :-\
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1612 on: April 07, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

In today's game? Who said it's a PG's job to distribute "in today's game"?  ::) ??? :o ;D :D ;) :-\

Rondo, Fisher, Kidd, Chalmers.

Those are the starting PGs for the last five champions.

None of those guys are a) #1 scoring options and b) primarily scorers (Chalmers is a floor-spacer).

Clearly, scoring PGs haven't had much success in recent years, otherwise known as "today's game."

« Reply #1613 on: April 07, 2013, 01:48:28 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

None of those guys are a) #1 scoring options and b) primarily scorers (Chalmers is a floor-spacer).

Clearly, scoring PGs haven't had much success in recent years, otherwise known as "today's game."

Agreed. I mean Westbrook's 7.6apg mean nothing. It's only 7.6 assists.  ???
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1614 on: April 07, 2013, 01:50:26 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Here's another stat: Westbrook averages more shot attempts than Durant.

That's as much a testament to Durant's scoring prowess and effiency as it is a criticism of Westbrook's capability to run an offense.

Face it: Westbrook is a ballhog.

Edit: and as long as Westbrook is on that Thunder team, they're never winning a title.

« Reply #1615 on: April 07, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

That's as much a testament to Durant's scoring prowess and effiency as it is a criticism of Westbrook's capability to run an offense.

And there's nothing wrong with being a ballhog. Since when were the rules "if you are shorter than 6'9" you can't be a ballhog"? There's nothing wrong with Russell taking shots.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1616 on: April 07, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

And there's nothing wrong with being a ballhog. Since when were the rules "if you are shorter than 6'9" you can't be a ballhog"? There's nothing wrong with Russell taking shots.

Did I say there was anything wrong with being a ballhog?

« Reply #1617 on: April 07, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Westbrook, as a point guard, on a team with the best scorer in the league in Durant, should not ever average more shot attempts than Durant. It hurts his team, and they will not win a championship that way.

« Reply #1618 on: April 07, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Did I say there was anything wrong with being a ballhog?

Well, clearly you're critical of his ability to run an offense, which I disagree with. He and Kevin Durant can totally co-exist while taking lots of shots. (and you can even add Ibaka and Martin to that too!) Their team shoots a lot, and when it's not working, it's everybody's fault- not just Westbrook's.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1619 on: April 07, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
well if he gets good/great shots up, 5-6 times in a row, then great, but in that span he drove to the hoop 3 times, and it resulted in a fastbreak three.
The point is that he often forgets there are 4 other very capable guys out there. Durrant took his first field goal in the 2nd qtr
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger