Author Topic: New Star Wars movies in development and set to come out  (Read 31659 times)

New Star Wars movies in development and set to come out
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:00:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Who's excited? This guy is!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/

Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series called "Episode 7," set for release in 2015, with plans to follow it with Episodes 8 and 9 and then one new movie every two or three years.

Re: New Star Wars movies in development and set to come out
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/

Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series called "Episode 7," set for release in 2015, with plans to follow it with Episodes 8 and 9 and then one new movie every two or three years.

I know some star ward fans will be mad, but I'm pretty pumped as well.  I just hope they get this trilogy right!  Also more story, less special effects
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Very interesting.  Looks like Lucas will be involved as "creative consultant".  I wonder how much of the story will be his.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323

Good grief. With the exception of seeing how Luke's dad became Darth Vader at the end of Episode 3, and Yoda's awesome moves, the prequel trilogy was lame, lacking the magic and 1980s whimsy of the original trilogy. I can't imagine the third set of movies will be any different.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Good.  Love Star Wars but Lucas having total control really hurt the prequels.  Disney has done a great job with Marvel, and this is an even bigger franchise for them.  I think they'll take good care of it.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Very interesting.  Looks like Lucas will be involved as "creative consultant".  I wonder how much of the story will be his.

Indeed. A little surprised to hear that Lucas is selling off Lucasfilm, given how jealously he's controlled/crafted the whole SW franchise.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Good grief. With the exception of seeing how Luke's dad became Darth Vader at the end of Episode 3, and Yoda's awesome moves, the prequel trilogy was lame, lacking the magic and 1980s whimsy of the original trilogy. I can't imagine the third set of movies will be any different.

I'm pretty sure that Lucas used to talk about three trilogies, one before the original trilogy and one based after it.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Perhaps?

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323

I'm pretty sure that Lucas used to talk about three trilogies, one before the original trilogy and one based after it.

Maybe so, and I'm sure there are those who disagree with my general take on this, but a lot of things in life are about catching lightning in a bottle, everything coming together, falling into the right place at the right time, and if you miss that small window, you're sunk. The original trilogy had all that, but the window had long been closed by the time the second trilogy came around, and I just don't see it opening again this time, either. If it's not Luke and Leia and Han (and the original actors playing them), then it's just not the same, which means that no matter how good the new movies might be in their own right, they won't be that good. Know what I mean?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Perhaps?

Just replace the face with Jar Jar

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 05:21:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

I guess the question is whether this new trilogy will focus on Luke, Leia, Han, etc. and the development of the new Republic.  Do you actually bring back Hamill, Fisher, and Ford though. By the time Episode 7 is made, you're taking these people being rouhly 32 years removed from playing their character.  Get new actors for the same old, characters?

Or do you go in a new direction with new characters?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I certainly hope they explore Salacious B. Crumbs beginnings, as a young Kowakian Monkey Lizard. Before he stowed away on Jabba's sand barge.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35
Guess Lucas needs more money for plaid shirts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWNJHS9PBE

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I guess the question is whether this new trilogy will focus on Luke, Leia, Han, etc. and the development of the new Republic.  Do you actually bring back Hamill, Fisher, and Ford though. By the time Episode 7 is made, you're taking these people being rouhly 32 years removed from playing their character.  Get new actors for the same old, characters?

Or do you go in a new direction with new characters?

They could possibly reprise their roles in episode 9, assuming that their children are the main focus of the story.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 588

Maybe so, and I'm sure there are those who disagree with my general take on this, but a lot of things in life are about catching lightning in a bottle, everything coming together, falling into the right place at the right time, and if you miss that small window, you're sunk. The original trilogy had all that, but the window had long been closed by the time the second trilogy came around, and I just don't see it opening again this time, either. If it's not Luke and Leia and Han (and the original actors playing them), then it's just not the same, which means that no matter how good the new movies might be in their own right, they won't be that good. Know what I mean?

You didn't hear they hired Danny as a consultant for the new trilogy did you? The window's been blown wide open baby!
Still don't believe in Joe.