Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) 10/30  (Read 61090 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) 10/30
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Let me see if I get this straight, people don't want bass on Battier but are saying Sully should be on him? LOL, I'm dead! Sully is really bad defensively and if some thinks he can play Battier/Rashard or even Haslem then there is no way you can question whether Bass can! Sully may be good on the boards (also can score the rock) but I don't trust him on rotations! He is up for worst on the team on team D (he isn't that good on Man either)!

I'm all for looking at the positives of our guys but I'm tired of seeing Sully praise that isn't warranted! Bass was great for us last season and although his production went down a little in the playoffs he was okay! It's like Sully gets a free pass but Bass is yesterday's news. Again, as bad as people say Bass is defensively, Sully is even worse!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Now, to the thread, I'm not nervous yet but I'm sure I will be just before the ball goes up. Seems like forever since the last preseason game.

TY for the thread FL!!! TP!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Good to be back for me 54th season as a Celtics fan although I have trouble remembering the first ten seasons or so but never the Golden Voice of Father Johnny. I listened to 33 minutes of Johnny Most hilights on the way to work this morning. I walked 3.3 miles on 33rd Avenue within the past three days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes. I did 33 hard Sudoku puzzles the last 3.3 days.

It is time to start the climb to number 18. Let's Git-R-Done!

Bleeding Gr33n! TP to my man in the 206.

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
 Look out ......here come da  JET ...flying in to put a spanking on dem heats

Boston boys gonna open a "can" tonight.

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Let me see if I get this straight, people don't want bass on Battier but are saying Sully should be on him? LOL, I'm dead! Sully is really bad defensively and if some thinks he can play Battier/Rashard or even Haslem then there is no way you can question whether Bass can! Sully may be good on the boards (also can score the rock) but I don't trust him on rotations! He is up for worst on the team on team D (he isn't that good on Man either)!

I'm all for looking at the positives of our guys but I'm tired of seeing Sully praise that isn't warranted! Bass was great for us last season and although his production went down a little in the playoffs he was okay! It's like Sully gets a free pass but Bass is yesterday's news. Again, as bad as people say Bass is defensively, Sully is even worse!

The difference is on the offensive end = Bass struggled to create his own offense against Battier in the low post. Sullinger is a much more skilled shot-creator, post player and passer if double-teamed.

Sullinger will be an even worse defensive option on Battier (Sully figures to be an awful defender against a guy like Battier) but Battier cannot create his own offense whereas Sullinger should be able to create against Battier. So while it's a bad defensive matchup, the Celtics could be able to gain more offensively (with Sully's post scoring) than they lose defensively (with Sully's lousy perimeter defense).

It's something worth trying to see how it plays out.

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

The difference is on the offensive end = Bass struggled to create his own offense against Battier in the low post. Sullinger is a much more skilled shot-creator, post player and passer if double-teamed.

Sullinger will be an even worse defensive option on Battier (Sully figures to be an awful defender against a guy like Battier) but Battier cannot create his own offense whereas Sullinger should be able to create against Battier. So while it's a bad defensive matchup, the Celtics could be able to gain more offensively (with Sully's post scoring) than they lose defensively (with Sully's lousy perimeter defense).

while it was preseason still Bass didnt look to bad taking guys to the post and finishing, he's worked on that part of his game over the summer
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wouldn't they just have LeBron guard Sullinger if it worked for more than a possession or two?

I suppose cross matches could happen as well.

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Good to be back for me 54th season as a Celtics fan although I have trouble remembering the first ten seasons or so but never the Golden Voice of Father Johnny. I listened to 33 minutes of Johnny Most hilights on the way to work this morning. I walked 3.3 miles on 33rd Avenue within the past three days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes. I did 33 hard Sudoku puzzles the last 3.3 days.

It is time to start the climb to number 18. Let's Git-R-Done!

Bleeding Gr33n! TP to my man in the 206.

Bl33ding Gr33n IND33D!!!!!! I would like to give you EE tommy points but it would take me EE hours since I can only give one Tommy Point per hour to an individual. I seemed to have passed my area code but have another 109 to get to my past area code, and 416 to get to my future area code in the Valley of the Sun.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Wouldn't they just have LeBron guard Sullinger if it worked for more than a possession or two?

I suppose cross matches could happen as well.

That is what they should do. With Battier taking Pierce.

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 04:16:45 PM »

Kiorrik

Let's go Celtics!

Can't, wait. I'll have to though, have to work through the game. Will have to watch it afterwards on ILP. Painful.

Have a blast, people!

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
I don't know where this false idea that Sullinger is bad at defense started but lets end this myth.  Sully's always been an excellent defender.  He already knows the rotations better than Green, Lee and Collins.  He challenges every perimeter shot and does fantastic pushing bigs off the paint.  As Doc stated his only weakness is not knowing personnel, but the vets and tape will take care of that.  Sullinger is not athletic, but smart, strong, long and moves very well due to effort and footwork. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
I just put a bet on the Celtics taking home banner 18!

Odds were 20/1 ..

LETS GO CELTICS!!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
TP, FL!

Brought my KG jersey to school tonight just in case the Heat fan talked smack ;D.

Let's do this, BOS!

Get ready for some JET noise, MIA!

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 06:24:19 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Welcome back, everyone!

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
They just interview Courtney Lee on Comcast and asked him win or lose tonight is this just one game and do  you move on the minute the games over?

Lee answers yea after we get the win tonight we'll move on to the next one.

I know talk is cheap, but I love the confidence. Hope he shuts down Ray.