Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) 10/30  (Read 60919 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) 10/30
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 08:30:04 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
gotta feeling Doc has made this game to be rather big for the celtics..i expect them to really be focused

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 08:43:37 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Don't forget to recognize FL's work with a Tommy Point. Thanks.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
It's gonna be a bar fight.

I might have to drop some obligations to see this one.

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Is this really happening?!  Real Celtics basketball?  No fooling?

Yaaay!!

TP FL!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Given all Doc's talk about having a couple different starting line ups I'd think Green will get the nod over Bass.

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Given all Doc's talk about having a couple different starting line ups I'd think Green will get the nod over Bass.

I disagree. Bass can cover Battier without a problem. However, what happens during that stretch when neither James or Battier is on the court? Who defends Green? Lewis? Miller? Allen? Let's bring Green off the bench and create mismatches.

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I disagree. Bass can cover Battier without a problem. However, what happens during that stretch when neither James or Battier is on the court? Who defends Green? Lewis? Miller? Allen? Let's bring Green off the bench and create mismatches.
Battier got plenty of open three's because Bass had trouble recovering onto him. I expect to see that again.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Battier got plenty of open three's because Bass had trouble recovering onto him. I expect to see that again.

We also had Allen on Wade and a hobbled Pierce on James. Now Bass will be allowed to stay more at home.

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

We also had Allen on Wade and a hobbled Pierce on James. Now Bass will be allowed to stay more at home.
Perhaps, but I have my doubts. Guys like Wade/James are going to draw help no matter what, recovery time and rotations are going to be key.

Bass is miscast when being forced to guard out on the perimeter. If you want to get Green minutes versus the Miami bench you can do that via sub pattern instead. Leave Bass to come in when Haslem does.

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Perhaps, but I have my doubts. Guys like Wade/James are going to draw help no matter what, recovery time and rotations are going to be key.

Bass is miscast when being forced to guard out on the perimeter. If you want to get Green minutes versus the Miami bench you can do that via sub pattern instead. Leave Bass to come in when Haslem does.

I'm a bit different here. I want to see Darko and Sullinger to go up against Haslem and Lewis off the bench. I think Sullinger in particular can dominate Lewis inside.

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 10:06:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I'm a bit different here. I want to see Darko and Sullinger to go up against Haslem and Lewis off the bench. I think Sullinger in particular can dominate Lewis inside.
Against the Heat I don't see any reason to have Darko on the court at all.

KG/Sullinger/Bass/Green/Pierce should cover all the available PF/C minutes easily.

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Against the Heat I don't see any reason to have Darko on the court at all.

KG/Sullinger/Bass/Green/Pierce should cover all the available PF/C minutes easily.

I realize what you're saying, but then that takes away two things we have on them - depth and size. Haslem is pretty easy cover for Darko and his size could give Haslem trouble in keeping him off the glass. At the very least you have a guy that will use his size to deliver hard screens and bring physicality to the game.

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
can't wait to see Terry work ray allen over on defense....

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
T-9 HOURS, WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! been waiting for this for months, I can't wait!!!

even though it starts at 8, I'll be watching the pre-game cuz I just can't wait!!!

tonight is going to be crazy. Let's get it C's!!

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
seeing a thread for a real game makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Hopefully I'll feel the same way after the game.
Still don't believe in Joe.