Author Topic: James Harden Traded To Rockets. REACTION!!! (merged)  (Read 24818 times)

Re: James Harden Traded To Rockets. REACTION!!! (merged)
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
This move benefits Harden.  He will in all likelihood start now, rather than being the 6th man, which will most likely mean increased stats a little bit.  Even if he doesn't work out a deal with Houston for a long-term, it will mean someone will give him a max contract based on his stats next year.  He is a very good player, but his stats will be padded because he plays on a "so-so" team and someone out there will bite and give him max based upon those numbers.

I personally do not think the guy is a max player.  When you say max deal, you think of franchise players, game-changers, guys who can decide the fate of a game on their own...I just don't see this guy as one of those types.  He is a very good player, but he isn't a Kobe Bryant, a KG, a Durant, a Michael Jordan, even a LeBron (yes, I said it...He earned it 100% last year)...guys who can take over a game at will and just leave the competition at their mercy.

I could see him being along the lines of Joe Johnson...Good, good player but not really worthy of a  max deal...Not a true franchise player, but they somehow sucker a team into investing in them for the max.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:51:03 AM by PaulPierce34G »

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2012, 12:46:10 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Shrewd move by OKC, I think they would want to avoid anything resembling the Melo/Denver and Howard/Orlando bad publicity sagas over the past two seasons. Houston now also have a decent backcourt which will help them sell tickets.

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2012, 12:48:00 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

1) if they ever do manage to develops a legit star or acquire one, Houston could be a fully furnished contender.

So, what remaining assets does Morey have to acquire this legit star to add to Lin, Harden, and Asik?

Royce White, Terrance Jones, Parsons, Dontas Monte...whatever, and an astute ability to maneuver salary cap loopholes to mock the cba.

Also, just a little future star stretch 4 who will dominate the league for decades named Jajuan Johnson. Maybe you've heard of him, he's kind of a big deal.

You know who would be a great fit in that new Houston lineup? Luis Scola.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2012, 12:50:37 AM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
great this opens the door for green or terry to win 6th man of the year

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2012, 12:52:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

1) if they ever do manage to develops a legit star or acquire one, Houston could be a fully furnished contender.

So, what remaining assets does Morey have to acquire this legit star to add to Lin, Harden, and Asik?

Royce White, Terrance Jones, Parsons, Dontas Monte...whatever, and an astute ability to maneuver salary cap loopholes to mock the cba.

Also, just a little future star stretch 4 who will dominate the league for decades named Jajuan Johnson. Maybe you've heard of him, he's kind of a big deal.

You know who would be a great fit in that new Houston lineup? Luis Scola.

Truth. Morey screwed the pooch there. Getting nothing in return, and giving up an asset with limited financial implications WHO YOU'RE GONNA PAY ANYWAYS made little sense.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2012, 12:53:41 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
great this opens the door for green or terry to win 6th man of the year

Good point.

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2012, 12:58:43 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
lol @ people thinkin Cole Aldrich will make an impact he's trade filler nd a bust he looked terrible nd clueless in summerleadue nd he;s like 3-4 years in it just aint happening. nd for those talmbout Martin cant take Harden's playmaker role they have Eric Maynor there Martin can flex his scoring machine position off da bench

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2012, 12:59:23 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
PG: Jeremy Lin, Shaun Livingston, Toney Douglas
SG: James Harden, Daequan Cook, Gary Forbes
SF: Chandler Parsons, Carlos Delfino, Marcus Morris
PF: Donatus Motiejunas, Terrence Jones, Patrick Patterson, Royce White
C:  Omer Asik, Cole Aldrich, (Donatus Motiejunas)

I'd like to see Houston move Donatus Motiejunas into the starting lineup (PF). He is their big man with the most potential. With no clear cut starter there, I think they should just put him on the floor and let him get to work.

I like the size and power of that starting unit. Very large frontcourt. Pretty dodgy bench though. Delfino is the only sure-fire above average bench player there.

Lin and Parsons look the weak links in that starting lineup. Lin at least has some potential to him (maybe as a Sam Cassell type PG down the road). Parsons is just out of his depth. Houston needs to get in some legitimate talent at SF.

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2012, 01:07:45 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
lol @ people thinkin Cole Aldrich will make an impact he's trade filler nd a bust he looked terrible nd clueless in summerleadue nd he;s like 3-4 years in it just aint happening. nd for those talmbout Martin cant take Harden's playmaker role they have Eric Maynor there Martin can flex his scoring machine position off da bench

From what I have seen of Aldrich so far, he is:

(1) Defense = an average defender, more likely a tad below average
(2) Rebounding = average rebounder
(3) Offense = very limited, garbage man scorer, non-passer

Looks like a middle of the pack backup center.

Fairly disappointing. Hopefully, Aldrich will show a bit more in Houston. More defensive potential. I had higher hopes for him coming out of college (to develop into a Perk-like player).

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2012, 01:09:45 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

1) Isn't Cole Aldrich only 2 years in? You never heard of a big man taking 3 years to develop?

2) I'm not sure you grasp how important Harden was. He was their best playmaker. They replaced him with 2 traditional 2's, scorers.

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Not quite sure why everyone thinks OKC took a step back. That team is still LOADED with talent. Kevin Martin is no scrub, he can score and should thrive with defenses focusing in on Durant and Westbrook. He's not the facilitator that Harden is, but they're getting Eric Maynor back this year will alleviate that with the 2nd unit.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Not quite sure why everyone thinks OKC took a step back. That team is still LOADED with talent. Kevin Martin is no scrub, he can score and should thrive with defenses focusing in on Durant and Westbrook. He's not the facilitator that Harden is, but they're getting Eric Maynor back this year will alleviate that with the 2nd unit.

Agree with your point. People are really underrating Kevin Martin right now. Sure, he's not the most defensively-adept player, but he can shoot the lights out -- which he can do even more efficiently with the spacing Durant + Westbrook provide. Do people not remember how Harden choked last year? Another well-executed move by Presti. Look to see Kevin Martin duplicating Harden's production, and PJ3 serving a bigger role with the team.

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2012, 01:30:28 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

1) Isn't Cole Aldrich only 2 years in? You never heard of a big man taking 3 years to develop?

2) I'm not sure you grasp how important Harden was. He was their best playmaker. They replaced him with 2 traditional 2's, scorers.

Martin can be moved. Time for Russell to take his game to another level as a PG. OKC got a ton of assets for a guy who was being paid big money as a third and potential fourth wheel. Serge has a ton of potential too.

I like Lamb but I really have to see what Presti does with this Raptors pick. Should be good and they likely get it this coming season. Presti with a chip like that is dangerous. His track record speaks for itself.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2012, 01:36:47 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Shrewd move by OKC, I think they would want to avoid anything resembling the Melo/Denver and Howard/Orlando bad publicity sagas over the past two seasons. Houston now also have a decent backcourt which will help them sell tickets.

OKC was never "gonna play this out". It's not the SA/OKC way. I think what transpired is best for all involved since Harden was dead set on the max.

Will be interesting to see how Harden does in Houston. Expectations will be through the roof and he won't be playing with talent like Russ and KD anymore. I think he could disappoint in Houston.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2012, 01:37:17 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Agree with your point. People are really underrating Kevin Martin right now. Sure, he's not the most defensively-adept player, but he can shoot the lights out -- which he can do even more efficiently with the spacing Durant + Westbrook provide. Do people not remember how Harden choked last year? Another well-executed move by Presti. Look to see Kevin Martin duplicating Harden's production, and PJ3 serving a bigger role with the team.

Absolutely. K-Mart is a career 18ppg scorer, he will help that team. And I forgot about PJIII... OKC will be fine.

As far as the matchup against LAL: they have bodies throw at D12 (Perk, Collison, Thabeet), still answer defensively for Russell Westbrook, a pretty good Kobe-defender in Thabo Sefolosha, and Kevin Durant. The core of OKC is still crazy young (KD, Westbrook, and Serge are all 24 or younger I think) and can actually improve. I like them out west.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman