Author Topic: Who are some mid-season legit bigman targets? Josh Smith? Big Al?  (Read 15347 times)

Re: Who are some mid-season legit bigman targets? Josh Smith? Big Al?
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If Bradley returns healthy, would you be willing to trade Courtney Lee to Milwaukee for Drew Gooden?  (With the Celtics being hard-capped, they may need to send out another player who makes around the minimum.)
No interest in Drew Gooden. Brain dead team defender.

Gooden wouldn't upgrade the team.

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Crazy Trade Idea:

Celtics:
Josh Smith

Hawks:
Brandon Bass
Fab Melo
Quincy Miller
Evan Fournier
Celtics 1st pick (2012)
Celtics 1st pick (2014)

Nuggets:
Courtney Lee
Mike Scott
Celtics 2nd Round Pick

Idk. Maybe. I'm not good at making trade scenarios.

« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'd like to keep Bradley as well but you gotta give something up to get something in return. Will Bradley someday be better then lee? Maybe but would having lee/terry/barbosa and gortat be better than lee/terry/barbosa/Bradley and no center? Tempting enough for me I think. Tough call.

I think Bradley is already a better defender than Lee. I would trade Bradley in a deal for Gortat but I wouldn't be happy about it. I know we need a legit center. I also think Gortat looks better than he really is in Phoenix, like so many people do playing in a defenseless west coast offense. I'd rather take a long shot at landing Smith or Cousins or  but I'd settle for Gortat if those attempts failed. Maybe 2 first rounders and Lee+Bass gets you Smith. Maybe 3 first rounders and AB+Sullinger gets you Cousins. I'd mortgage the future on a deal for Cousins for sure.

I'm not sure if I said this already. But outside of Paul, KG and Rondo, give the Warriors whoever they want and bring Bogut here.

If I thought he could stay healthy I would jump on that but I really have no faith in him to do so. Over the last 5 seasons Bogut has played in 58% of his games. By comparison Stephan Curry (who has bee labeled as injury prone) has played 79% of his games. I know they took a chance dealing Ellis for Bogut because if he's healthy he's a top 5 center. I wouldn't put any money on that being the case for the rest of his career.