Author Topic: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!  (Read 21743 times)

Re: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2012, 07:14:44 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Theres not many predictions that I got right in my life but this one was a no-brainer!!! I made this one before the season started. Like I said before, they are too old, have no bench, and starters play too many minutes. those old bones dont heal quickly. I said maybe 5o wins but now i doubt that, lol..is it good to see the Lakers being awful?!?!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The Lakers are 1-10 when Kobe scores 30+ points, and 8-3 when they get more balanced offense.

They have know this for like forever , and Kobe won't change,  when his team mates miss shots , he PANICKS and starts shooting every time down court.  He never lets anybody else ever get going .  Kobe shoots TOO MUCH and neeeds to ride the bench , so he can get some rest , so he can play a little defense . He is on the court about 10 minutes too much.
I don't know can you really blame him though? Duhon? Morris? Antwan is very inconsistent and Dwight isnt doing squat right now, fumbles the ball, just passes it doesn't even want the ball

What do you mean you dont know how you can blame him? In 9 wins he has averaged 16 shots a game and 22 points per game while getting almost 7 assists per game.

In 13 losses he averages 22 shots per game and 34 points a game and his assists drop down to 3.5 per.

The Lakers have lost 8 straight games where Kobe scored 30+. The amazing stats here is in their last 13 games. The are 5 and 8. In the 8 losses, Kobe had 30+ each game. In those 5 wins Kobe hit 29 once, with the four games hitting 14, 19, 25, and 22.

I know Duhon and Morris arent superstars but its no lie that when Kobe passes the ball and gets more teammates involved, they are a better team.

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
to make the playoffs they need to win somewhere around 40 more games , and so far they have played a pretty easy schedule IMO.

39 year old NASH get one more injury to his frail body , or Kobe sprains an ankle , and they miss any games after Nash returns . I really don't think they can win enough games to make the playoffs. 

Lakers have no really good lock down defenders , WOrld TurD is too slow for most young stars .  Kobe can't play lockdown defense for 40 more games and still score 40 points to make a close game. He is looking tired already .

After the first four players .......the rest of the Lakers is an afterthought or has beens.

Lakers need to trade Gasol  ASAP for a younger small forward . Who will they FLEECE this time. Trade a older tired player for what young superstar they want.

« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
personally, I don't care about who the Lakers lose to or what their record is. I do however want us to pummel them to add to their miseries. If they miss playoffs (unlikely), love it.

If they miraculously make it to the finals with us, I want us to beat them. Our bench destroys their bench. Rondo will tear Nash apart and Bradley and Lee will have fun with Kobe and Kobe will go for 50 ppg shooting 30%. Howard will have something like a 18 and 12 series but shooting 20% FTs.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:30:46 AM by manl_lui »

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2012, 03:12:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Los Angeles Lakers are searching for a veteran point guard as they continue to play without Steve Nash and Steve Blake.

Jannero Pargo and Delonte West are two players that interest the Lakers.
Via Marc Stein's twitter

Delonte West would be a great addition for LA. He could both backup Steve Nash and play alongside Nash. A big upgrade over Jodie Meeks with his ball-handling, dribble penetration, passing and toughness defensively.

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The Lakers are 1-10 when Kobe scores 30+ points, and 8-3 when they get more balanced offense.

They have know this for like forever , and Kobe won't change,  when his team mates miss shots , he PANICKS and starts shooting every time down court.  He never lets anybody else ever get going .  Kobe shoots TOO MUCH and neeeds to ride the bench , so he can get some rest , so he can play a little defense . He is on the court about 10 minutes too much.
I don't know can you really blame him though? Duhon? Morris? Antwan is very inconsistent and Dwight isnt doing squat right now, fumbles the ball, just passes it doesn't even want the ball

What do you mean you dont know how you can blame him? In 9 wins he has averaged 16 shots a game and 22 points per game while getting almost 7 assists per game.

In 13 losses he averages 22 shots per game and 34 points a game and his assists drop down to 3.5 per.

The Lakers have lost 8 straight games where Kobe scored 30+. The amazing stats here is in their last 13 games. The are 5 and 8. In the 8 losses, Kobe had 30+ each game. In those 5 wins Kobe hit 29 once, with the four games hitting 14, 19, 25, and 22.

I know Duhon and Morris arent superstars but its no lie that when Kobe passes the ball and gets more teammates involved, they are a better team.
If he had teammates that would do something, have you seen any recent Lakers games? They are really really awful lots of scrubs over there
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The Los Angeles Lakers are searching for a veteran point guard as they continue to play without Steve Nash and Steve Blake.

Via Marc Stein's twitter

Delonte West would be a great addition for LA. He could both backup Steve Nash and play alongside Nash. A big upgrade over Jodie Meeks with his ball-handling, dribble penetration, passing and toughness defensively.

He would be ideal if he could hold it together both mentally and physically.

The lakers don't have much to lose by signing him really tho

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2012, 03:44:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Via Marc Stein's twitter

I have to admire that you are always first and foremost a fan of the game -- you like to see good basketball and well-constructed teams. 

I, on the other hand, see DWest as a terrble addition to the Lakers as he will make them better. 

On yet another hand, I am not sure that LA and the Lakers present a smart choice for Delonte -- that is, if his reported mental health issues are accurate. 

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm wondering how the Lakers will fair against the KNICKS tommorrow.   ???   I rather see the Knicks win

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Via Marc Stein's twitter

West and Artest on the same powder keg? I'd love to see that...

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Via Marc Stein's twitter

Yeah, that seems like adding another volatile element to an already unstable situation.

Wonder if they'll try to trade for someone out of their teams' favor like Darren Collison or DJ Augustin - both have some experience, are fairly cheap, and on the last years of their contract.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:30:12 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Wonder if they'll try to trade for someone out of their teams' favor like Darren Collison or DJ Augustin - both have some experience, are fairly cheap, and on the last years of their contract.

I didn't know Darren Collison was struggling. I thought he'd do well in Dallas. I think Dirk's return will be really good for Collison. Dirk's pick and pop game will open up a lot of opportunities for Collison in the pick and roll. I expect Dallas will feel the same and wait to see how Collison does with Dirk before deciding his fate.

Wow, DJ Augustin's shooting numbers are ugly. He is only shooting 26.6% from the field and 21.3% from three. Jeez, his jump-shooting is the only really positive contribution he makes to his team. I am surprised Indiana haven't cut him from their rotation altogether. I'd love to see Lance Stephenson get handed the PG duties.

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The funniest part about all of this is that it could be much worse. The Lakers could be the suckers dealing with Andrew Bynum and his awful knees right now.

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Via Marc Stein's twitter

Yeah, that seems like adding another volatile element to an already unstable situation.

While West is absolutely a risk, he has shown a pretty steady trend of being able to stay under control for the first year or so with a new team.  And there is no doubt in my mind he would be a huge asset to them.  He can step in and really give them a boost at the SG spot off the bench...and I could even see him allow Kobe to slide to SF in the starting lineup.  He gives them shooting, passing, and a little bit of an edge that they have been missing.

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2012, 06:01:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wow, DJ Augustin's shooting numbers are ugly. He is only shooting 26.6% from the field and 21.3% from three. Jeez, his jump-shooting is the only really positive contribution he makes to his team. I am surprised Indiana haven't cut him from their rotation altogether. I'd love to see Lance Stephenson get handed the PG duties.

They pretty much have, but they have mostly given Ben Hansborough the backup PG minutes. 

I think Dallas will wait on Collison too, but Augustin is probably very gettable right now if the Lakers didn't want to go the unsigned FA route.