Author Topic: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!  (Read 21735 times)

Re: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
They should have hired Stan Van Gundy.

One problem: Dwight Howard.
Yeah, gotta assume Howard would kill that with the leverage his upcoming FA would give him.

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

That is not a serious problem. It is a cosmetic problem.

They have a functional and successful working relationship. That is what matters. Not whether they are buddies or not.

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

That is not a serious problem. It is a cosmetic problem.

They have a functional and successful working relationship. That is what matters. Not whether they are buddies or not.

I'm not sure Dwight would listen to SVG, though.

I do agree with you that he would have been the best available coach to hire.

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
lol...I still believe Lakers will be one of the final teams standing...they won't make it out of the west, but I still believe they'll get better from what we've seen.

But it is STILL funny to see them struggle, as always.

Note to Kobe: Give it up...let it go...drop that rock, Kobe. Go ahead...it is ok.

You'd better NOW, because when Nash gets back, and he's D'Antoni's prodigy....

That's good enough for me. It may be too late for the Lakers by the time Nash gets back. The West is too deep for them to continue to lose at least every other game.

They will be first round fodder at this rate.

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2012, 10:20:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would like to see D'Antoni ramp up the offense

PG: Duhon
SG: Meeks
SF: Kobe
PF: Artest
C:  Dwight

They do not and cannot have adequate spacing and ball movement offensively with the starting lineup D'Antoni used today (J.Hill, Artest, Duhon, Kobe and Dwight). They need to get more shooting, quickness and passing onto the court.

D'Antoni isn't a defensive coach. He can't get the best out of that defensive orientated starting lineup. He needs to stick to what he does best -- offense. Get the offense right and use the offense to help setup your defense. It's hard to setup your defense when you are turning the ball over and missing shots at a high clip. Offering your opponent plenty of chances to run your slow guys off the floor.

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
watchin da lakers lose like dis is hilarious i might have to hit up their forums to laugh even harder they got too much talent to be 4 games under .500 idc bout da injuries their defense is still trash nd Pau, Blake, nd Nash wont help wit dat

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
SVG and Howard had a dysfunctional and bottomed out working relationship by the end of last season. Otherwise Stan Van Gundy would still be coaching in Orlando. Howard didn't trust Stan Van Gundy's decisions, and Stan knew that Howard was talking to management about firing him behind his back. Can't get much worse than that.

And this is probably Howard's biggest problem. He doesn't really know what is good for him.

The game against Cleveland was normal for the Lakers: They are terrible on transition defense unless they are really focused and put in the effort, which has been a problem for a couple of seasons. And with Howard as their defensive anchor, they need to change their halfcourt defense to fit him, not the other way round (and at least Howard knows this).

It's hard to believe that they play D'Antoni-offense. It's isolation plays for Kobe or Dwight, no pick and roll and forget about seven seconds or less.

« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2012, 11:15:04 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
watchin da lakers lose like dis is hilarious i might have to hit up their forums to laugh even harder they got too much talent to be 4 games under .500 idc bout da injuries their defense is still trash nd Pau, Blake, nd Nash wont help wit dat

Haha word same with me. I love seeing the Lakers lose, its like a holiday in my mind. I remember when they lost a game and Kobe was staring down Mike Brown so hard. Guess this game, Kobe has to stare in the mirror hahahaha

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2012, 12:19:22 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The Lakers are 1-10 when Kobe scores 30+ points, and 8-3 when they get more balanced offense.

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2012, 12:44:22 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And the mighty Dwight Howard joins the ParaTrooper Club, at the expense of poor Jordan Hill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gboZVysivZU

Andy V is just ballin. He should get a spot on the All-Star team.

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2012, 01:30:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
fun visiting the Laker Nation forum .  Holly cow BATMAN they are fit to be tied. after Cleveland loss.   

All ready fans are wanting to FIRE .... MDA    :o     

Geesse,,,he just got there and TWO all stars are not play n.  Give the guy at least 25 games. ::) and ALL his players

Wha tis FUNNY is KOBE has 42 points and DH12 has 19 and 20 double double and LA can't win.

The Lakers have almost ZERO defense.... Howard gets stripped of the ball all the time in the paint.  TURD PEACE  is too slow to guard the younger players.

NAsh is fragile as a china doll, slow and plays no Defense worth talking about.

Pau ...is slowing big time, hates his diva team., and doesn't fit MDA offense.

Kobe ....BALLHOG, doesn't trust teamates, PLAYs NO defense.

Bench ....sucks Huge.

Howard looks like he really don't care alot about being there.

If they don't make the playoffs ...HOWARD bolts.

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The Lakers are 1-10 when Kobe scores 30+ points, and 8-3 when they get more balanced offense.

They have know this for like forever , and Kobe won't change,  when his team mates miss shots , he PANICKS and starts shooting every time down court.  He never lets anybody else ever get going .  Kobe shoots TOO MUCH and neeeds to ride the bench , so he can get some rest , so he can play a little defense . He is on the court about 10 minutes too much.

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2012, 01:55:47 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This is turning out worse, so far, than the last time LA tried to put together a team of 4 "superstars"

Although the team with Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton made the Finals that year, they were a disappointment.  Too much drama.

Oddly, just like this year.

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2012, 05:42:15 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

They have know this for like forever , and Kobe won't change,  when his team mates miss shots , he PANICKS and starts shooting every time down court.  He never lets anybody else ever get going .  Kobe shoots TOO MUCH and neeeds to ride the bench , so he can get some rest , so he can play a little defense . He is on the court about 10 minutes too much.
I don't know can you really blame him though? Duhon? Morris? Antwan is very inconsistent and Dwight isnt doing squat right now, fumbles the ball, just passes it doesn't even want the ball
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This is turning out worse, so far, than the last time LA tried to put together a team of 4 "superstars"

Although the team with Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton made the Finals that year, they were a disappointment.  Too much drama.

Oddly, just like this year.
They got to the Finals, I know they got beat soundly in the Finals but they got their despite poor overall health.