Author Topic: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!  (Read 21729 times)

Re: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Couple of things:

The Boston Celtics are also not a top 5 team

I hate the Lakers, but you do have to acknowledge they were without Nash and Paul last night.

Howard is still a clown and I bet Kobe hates him.

The biggest difference between the Lakers and Celtics is their roster is dysfunctional whereas the Celtics roster is just not good enough.

Who knows?  We may not be good enough to beat the Heat in a seven game series.  There may not be any team in the league that is when the playoffs roll around.  But, I do think that
we would have to be put in the category of one of the four or five teams who have the best shot at upsetting them.

Talent wise, we have one of the best top 3 player combinations in the league.  After that we have a solid four through ten.  Jeff Green looks like he's starting to come around.  Terry's in a slump, but he'll snap out of it. 

Our talent is there, we just need to start finding our groove, and we'll be back where we ought to be as a top contender. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2012, 12:11:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Enjoyed watching LA destroyed at the hands of the JAZZ in LA ....HEE  HEE HEE  ;D

LA ...TOP JIVE TEAM

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2012, 12:25:49 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Enjoyed watching LA destroyed at the hands of the JAZZ in LA ....HEE  HEE HEE  ;D

LA ...TOP JIVE TEAM

Well, they can still get to 70 wins.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2012, 12:41:34 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Couple of things:

The Boston Celtics are also not a top 5 team

I hate the Lakers, but you do have to acknowledge they were without Nash and Paul last night.

Howard is still a clown and I bet Kobe hates him.

The biggest difference between the Lakers and Celtics is their roster is dysfunctional whereas the Celtics roster is just not good enough.

Who knows?  We may not be good enough to beat the Heat in a seven game series.  There may not be any team in the league that is when the playoffs roll around.  But, I do think that
we would have to be put in the category of one of the four or five teams who have the best shot at upsetting them.

Talent wise, we have one of the best top 3 player combinations in the league.  After that we have a solid four through ten.  Jeff Green looks like he's starting to come around.  Terry's in a slump, but he'll snap out of it. 

Our talent is there, we just need to start finding our groove, and we'll be back where we ought to be as a top contender.
I would go as far to say one of the top 3 teams with a good shot at beating them
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The Lakers lose again, this time in Cleveland.  Kyrie Irving is the real deal.  Kobe with 16 baskets on 28 shots, his teammates with 15 baskets on 37 shots.  The Lakers in crunch time were totally clueless on defense, allowing cutters easy  layups.

The Lakers 13 losses include two to Utah, one to Dallas and Indy, all around .500, and then losses to bottom dwellers Cleveland, Sacto, Portland, and Orlando.  Trouble in  paradise is quite fun to watch. 

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I know they have injuries, but the dysfunction on this team is hysterical. How much do you think Kobe hates Dwight and vice versa? And where does that nutjob Ron Artest fit into all of this?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The Lakers losing to Cleveland makes me feel oh so good.

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

These lakers dont practise the fundamentals no more.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol...I still believe Lakers will be one of the final teams standing...they won't make it out of the west, but I still believe they'll get better from what we've seen.

But it is STILL funny to see them struggle, as always.

Note to Kobe: Give it up...let it go...drop that rock, Kobe. Go ahead...it is ok.

You'd better NOW, because when Nash gets back, and he's D'Antoni's prodigy....

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2012, 09:56:45 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Wow. They just lost to Cleveland of all teams. I realize they are without Nash and Gasol but this has gone from possibly troubling to VERY troubling. Gasol and Nash don't help what the Lakers are struggling with the most- defense.

Maybe we should have learned from the big three era that relying on old guys is a big risk, even if you do have a young star to play beside them.

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just no depth to their roster at all. They have 2 high level players with Kobe/Dwight and then nothing.

Duhon/MWP/Hill/Jamison/Meeks are the other 5 players in D'Antoni's major minute rotation.

That's one majorly ugly supporting cast.

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
with the celtics, while they struggled early at least it looks like they are headed in the right direction.

The Lakers dont look like they have improved at all and now are 9-12 !!

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Just no depth to their roster at all. They have 2 high level players with Kobe/Dwight and then nothing.

Duhon/MWP/Hill/Jamison/Meeks are the other 5 players in D'Antoni's major minute rotation.

Not just an ugly supporting cast -- but a supporting cast that doesn't fit well together at all.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
They should have hired Stan Van Gundy.

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
They should have hired Stan Van Gundy.

One problem: Dwight Howard.

« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Not just an ugly supporting cast -- but a supporting cast that doesn't fit well together at all.
Yeah Blaker/Nash if they can come back will help their offense settle down, but both are multiple WEEKS away.

The Lakers are going to have to pull what the C's did last year, they've got the top end talent for it, but I don't know if their chemistry will be able to click that way. Not with a new coach and two new major players.