Author Topic: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!  (Read 21739 times)

Re: L.A. Lakers NOT a top 5 team!!
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Portland will beat them tonight and if they do, LA will want mike brown's head
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:48 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Too much inside game!! Help!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Too much inside game!! Help!!
Lol!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Running an offense based around big/forward passing is the best news for Lakers haters.  Keep the ball out of Nash's hands more please Mike Brown  ;D

Mike Brown is the forgotten weak link in all the Lakers talk this year.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This team completely changed their DNA this summer.  It is going to take them a bit to learn how to play together, and figure out how to use their talents.  But I still expect them to be the best team in the West.

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
looks like they are gonna go 81-1. 

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This team completely changed their DNA this summer.  It is going to take them a bit to learn how to play together, and figure out how to use their talents.  But I still expect them to be the best team in the West.
They won't be the best team in the west if they use Nash as a glorified Steve Blake standing in the corner.

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
They won't be the best team in the west if they use Nash as a glorified Steve Blake standing in the corner.

I agree.  But that is part of the learning curve.  I don't expect him to be locked out of the offense for long. 

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I agree.  But that is part of the learning curve.  I don't expect him to be locked out of the offense for long.

They are going to have to change the scheme then.  As is now, he will keep doing what he did last night.

Particularly when your bench is so bad, you need to allow Nash to do what he does: make players better.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 02:58:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Howard has to get right as well, he wasn't as active as usual last night.

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Even though I think last night was just growing pains, Dallas did expose some potential problems for the Lakers.

1.They can't handle speedy point guards. Darren Collison torched Nash. Can't imagine what Rondo, Westbrook, or Paul are going to do to them.
2.The Mavericks had some inside muscle. Wright and Brand did a nice job covering Gasol and Howard even if they put up decent numbers. They got up in their face and weren't afraid of making contact.

The most telling aspect of last night's game was that the Lakers didn't lose to someone that was contender-good, they lost to a heavily undermanned, DIRK-less Mavericks. Not only that, but it was a Mavericks team that was also trying to incorporate all of its new players.

The Lakers are going to get better, but I would hold on the whole, "Obvious Western Conference Champs" talk. Especially with Metta World Peace at the 3 and the bench being pretty weak.

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Howard has to get right as well, he wasn't as active as usual last night.

That's also expected.  Not only is it a new team, but he missed most of the preseason, coming back from his injury.

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Two things i see that could doom them:

1. Using Kobe as the primary on offense rather than using Nash/Gasol as the basis

2. If Dwight actually has long term damage in his back injury that limits his mobility

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
looks like they are gonna go 81-1.

Just like the Celtics.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Last year's Lakers were not a great team.  They then replaced Bynum with Howard.  That's an upgrade, but not nearly as big as idiot pundits assumed.  They then replaced Ramon Sessions with Steve Nash.  That's a big upgrade, but only if you let Steve Nash be Steve Nash and Steve Nash only became "Steve Nash" when he went to Phoenix and started playing that D'Antoni style.  Take him out of that system and you've got an old, small point guard who can score but not defend worth a lick.

Mike