Author Topic: CelticsblogBB - FBL Keeper League - 4 TEAMS OPEN  (Read 33569 times)

Re: New Fantasy Basketball League
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Im Down how do I join
Senda PM to Moranis..he will give u a password and ID to join
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If anyone is interested in a fantasy basketball league on yahoo let me know.  There are 4 of us C-Bloggers in the league right now (from a similar baseball league).  Clearly we need more people (I'd like 8 more for 12 total).  I would like for it to be a long term keeper league, but that is open for discussion and I don't want that fact to keep anyone out.  Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.
Thanks,
I may consider if there's still a spot. Random leagues with half-inactive Joes from around the globe have gotten pretty dull.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
If anyone is interested in a fantasy basketball league on yahoo let me know.  There are 4 of us C-Bloggers in the league right now (from a similar baseball league).  Clearly we need more people (I'd like 8 more for 12 total).  I would like for it to be a long term keeper league, but that is open for discussion and I don't want that fact to keep anyone out.  Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.
Thanks,
I may consider if there's still a spot. Random leagues with half-inactive Joes from around the globe have gotten pretty dull.

I have personally found the two celticsblog leagues that im in to be the best fantasy leagues ive been a part of
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Thanks,

I have personally found the two celticsblog leagues that im in to be the best fantasy leagues ive been a part of
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Anyone else a fan of the new draft format with bidding?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I don't really understand it to be honest
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Me neither, my best strategy so far has been not to shell out for a top-5 pick and make sure I have enough to grab the best of the mid-tier players. Of course this can backfire spectacularly if there are bidwars for the players I want :)

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
How many do we have now? I counted 8 on the yahoo page but i know theres a few that expres interest in joining

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
How many do we have now? I counted 8 on the yahoo page but i know theres a few that expres interest in joining
Well I sent Moranis a message, still waiting for an answer.

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 02:47:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Well I sent Moranis a message, still waiting for an answer.
sent
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 02:49:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I like auction drafts, but if you do it in a keeper league and actually try to keep track of the salary cap number in future seasons, it is a giant pain in the butt.  If you just do it for drafting purposes and then the following years just do a normal drafting process it isn't bad at all. 

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Me neither, my best strategy so far has been not to shell out for a top-5 pick and make sure I have enough to grab the best of the mid-tier players. Of course this can backfire spectacularly if there are bidwars for the players I want :)
I usually use them in football drafts and I always put players out there that I am not all that interested in but I know others will be so they have less money going forward.  I also like to keep sending out the same position over and over again to run people out of funds.  Other people of course take different strategies. 

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I usually use them in football drafts and I always put players out there that I am not all that interested in but I know others will be so they have less money going forward.  I also like to keep sending out the same position over and over again to run people out of funds.  Other people of course take different strategies.
Yeah, I've tried all of this. But in a 12-team league where half of the folks are autobidding, there isn't much return to strategizing I guess.

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Moranis, I'll play if you wanna send me a pm.

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Looks likeonly 2 more