Author Topic: Anyone else's NBA TV online or NBA League pass having streaming quality issues?  (Read 6376 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So I've signed up to the online service for another year, and they've kept the annoying parameter that you must watch the game live to get 3000Kps streaming.

If you watch the game later that day, you can only select 1600kps at the highest quality which is super annoying.
The thing is, the 1600kps is very blocky and is definitely no where near high definition, it's almost like league pass of 2009-10 when it was pretty horrid quality.

Has anyone else noticed this ?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline GreenNote

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
So I've signed up to the online service for another year, and they've kept the annoying parameter that you must watch the game live to get 3000Kps streaming.

If you watch the game later that day, you can only select 1600kps at the highest quality which is super annoying.
The thing is, the 1600kps is very blocky and is definitely no where near high definition, it's almost like league pass of 2009-10 when it was pretty horrid quality.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Maybe it's only for the preseason because the highest quality was available at all times last season

Offline syn2k12

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I can't even open NBA LEAGUE Pass Broadband? I just get a white screen, just thought it was like that until the regular season.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
bump, any international users on International League pass or NBA game time from outside the USA experiencing quality issues? Even on 3000 kps it's very blocky and not even SD quality video. I've got a beast of a computer that ran it very smoothly like HD TV, this year it sucks and they've changed their streaming format somehow. Maybe it's gone to flash or something ?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I watched the Milwaukee game and the first Washington game on my laptop via league pass. The quality was so bad it struggled to keep up with the ghetto 800kps streaming; it would be alright for a minute or so then the picture would freeze up with the sound still going.

I tried to watch the second Washington game on my break today at work, but even then the office pc had trouble with the 1600kps streaming. The 800kps streamming worked okay but still not worth the money as the quality was bad.

I'm guessing its a problem with league pass as my workpc is brand new and it has ultra fast internet. My laptop is only 3 months old.

I'm pretty disappointed as league pass worked fantastic last season. I'm posting from Australia in case it helps.

Kiorrik

I watched the Milwaukee game and the first Washington game on my laptop via league pass. The quality was so bad it struggled to keep up with the ghetto 800kps streaming; it would be alright for a minute or so then the picture would freeze up with the sound still going.

I tried to watch the second Washington game on my break today at work, but even then the office pc had trouble with the 1600kps streaming. The 800kps streamming worked okay but still not worth the money as the quality was bad.

I'm guessing its a problem with league pass as my workpc is brand new and it has ultra fast internet. My laptop is only 3 months old.

I'm pretty disappointed as league pass worked fantastic last season. I'm posting from Australia in case it helps.
Mine is just fine. Sydney.

It might be that your work internet has limited streaming capabilities? That's not up to your computer, it's the internet connection.

Lots of workplaces limit streaming to prevent bandwith issues.

I watch it at home most of the time, sometimes on my mobile phone. Phone has decent quality for 3G, great when on wireless network, and on my PC I run it at that 3k setting most of the time.

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
I haven't experienced the problem you"re describing here, but I have had other streaming problems. 

Result: stopped using it.

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday

Mine is just fine. Sydney.

It might be that your work internet has limited streaming capabilities? That's not up to your computer, it's the internet connection.

Lots of workplaces limit streaming to prevent bandwith issues.

I watch it at home most of the time, sometimes on my mobile phone. Phone has decent quality for 3G, great when on wireless network, and on my PC I run it at that 3k setting most of the time.

Ahhh cheers Kiorrik, I didn't think of trying on my phone! Many thanks! TP

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I don't stream League Pass, but some of the other sites that stream the games for free were having this same issue. They use League Pass and stream it for free on another site called First Row Watch.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
Yes I used to watch NBA and UFC on First Row Sports about a year or so ago, it was okay except the pop ups could drive you crazy if you were having a bad day. A while ago their website was taken down, maybe it's back up now under a different URL?

I watched the second half of the Cs/Bulls game on my phone and it was much better than my laptop and work pc, so was quite chuffed about that! ;D

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No talk of illegal streaming sites on the forums.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I haven't had issues with it in the games I've watched, solid quality but not HD or anything like that.

But given that I've read several reviews talking about issues I don't doubt they've occurred. It seems to be due to lack of servers on the NBA side and/or bandwith on the user end. Since its gone away from the free preview perhaps that's why I haven't had issues. (I've only used it since it was no longer free)