Author Topic: Celtics (1-4) at Nets (3-0) 10/18  (Read 26768 times)

Re: Celtics (1-4) at Nets (3-0) 10/18
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2012, 10:59:44 PM »

Offline rmitchell222003

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I really wanted to see Brook against Melo....

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Lets just say I thought it was a really quiet 14/7.  I wasn't very impressed.

Wow, looks like the C's decided to treat tonight's game as the real thing.  So much better effort on both sides of the ball.  The main thing that I notices was our overall team speed as compared to last year.  We look FAST.  Even with GK and PP in the game we look speedy.

If we can keep the aggressive push the ball approach we are going to get a lot of easy buckets which will hopefully overcome a lot of our scoring droughts from the last few years.  So many more weapons this year.

For the nets I thought Blatche and Wallace look like they will be excellent players for that team.  I am still not sold on B Lopez.  How Shaq calls him the 2nd best center in the nba?  I think KG at center is better than Lopez.

I'm not going to get on Lopez's case as the team's high scorer with 14 points in 24 minutes, with 7 rebounds.

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
And Bass wonders why Doc wants him to strictly be a pick and pop player?
Yeah, moving with the ball really isn't one of his strengths. I think Bass is trying very hard to impress Doc, knowing that Sully is breathing down his neck to take over the starting 4 spot.

Is not the moving the ball. It's in relation to Bass wanting to play in the post, where he just sucks.

But at the same time, I want my 4 to crash the boards and play in the post, not pretend to be a guard all the time like Bargnani does.

http://www.celticstown.com/2012/10/16/celtics-brandon-bass-thinks-he-can-play-post-strangely-stats-confirm-it/

Apparently he's okay in the post.

Last game he also crashed the boards quite decently.

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:45 AM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

Wow, looks like the C's decided to treat tonight's game as the real thing.  So much better effort on both sides of the ball.  The main thing that I notices was our overall team speed as compared to last year.  We look FAST.  Even with GK and PP in the game we look speedy.

If we can keep the aggressive push the ball approach we are going to get a lot of easy buckets which will hopefully overcome a lot of our scoring droughts from the last few years.  So many more weapons this year.

For the nets I thought Blatche and Wallace look like they will be excellent players for that team.  I am still not sold on B Lopez.  How Shaq calls him the 2nd best center in the nba?  I think KG at center is better than Lopez.

I'm not going to get on Lopez's case as the team's high scorer with 14 points in 24 minutes, with 7 rebounds.

I actually thought Collins did a decent job on Lopez when KG first went out and made sure he got off to a slow start. And he's our 4th big off the bench if Wilcox and Milicic get and stay healthy. And our second enforcer.

So excited for this team.

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I actually thought Collins did a decent job on Lopez when KG first went out and made sure he got off to a slow start. And he's our 4th big off the bench if Wilcox and Milicic get and stay healthy. And our second enforcer.

I thought the opposite, I thought Lopez had his way with him.

« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't think Lopez really had his way with him.  From what I saw Collins stayed in front of him, but doesn't have Lopez's quickness.  I was surprised that Lopez didn't do more against Collins.  But I haven't watched that much of him, just have heard a lot of people say he is one of the best centers in the NBA.  I don't think he looked like it tonight.  Very average to me...

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2012, 12:12:40 AM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

I guess I'm talking about a handful of good defensive possessions I think at the end of the 1st where Lopez was just trying to push through and establish himself in the post. He destroyed Collins in the 3rd but he shouldn't be playing that many minutes anyway.

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

Offline rmitchell222003

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
NO i agree collins did a good job. but when the guards drive to the basket, he was helping then got out of position when brook got easy looks.

« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2012, 12:45:47 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Nice win ... really pleased with how Lee is fitting with this team. This is going to be a fun, fast-break season.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2012, 01:29:47 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Sullinger was +23 being in the starting lineup

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2012, 01:38:03 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
WOW this teams going to be crazy deep, there is no way in hell we have scoring droughts like the ones last year. If you notice the energy never dropped off due to how deep we are and we stepped on their throats. I could already see our bench breaking open games and Gino on the jumbotron. 8)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2012, 05:01:59 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Haven't had time to look at the recap of the game and all - but it looks like BOS took BKN out back to the shed proper.

As always ;D.

BKN will be good this year - no doubt. But hopefully they (and ESPN) realize that Hey BOS still has a team, too ;D

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2012, 06:34:47 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Sully is not much at jumping , but he is always pushing , shoviing , angling , trolling after everyrebound within 8 foot of the bucket.  I don't know how many times the the ball doesn't seem to hit him square in the jersey comming off the backboard /rim .    Most players its an accident (BASS) , not with Sully, he is like Kevin Love , he is already there waiting on the ball , so a little reach or jump at the ball and its his.

Been a long time since the C's have had a TRUE rebounder. KG does it more out necessity for the team, not sure he likes it so much.

Sully loves the part of the game no one else on the Celtics is particular good at.

He is the perfect compliment for KG and PP and Green.

He really draws the pressureoff KG.