Author Topic: Nets (2-0) at Celtics (1-3) 10/16  (Read 16059 times)

Re: Nets (2-0) at Celtics (1-3) 10/16
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
so our team is tied with thier bench warmers....still no ones sees the issue? and stop saying its preseason lol that means nothing to us as we are still using our prime players 0_o

this also means nothing to us cause well it's just the "preseason". i'll be more concerned when we are 0-10 in the regular season.lol

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
so our team is tied with thier bench warmers....still no ones sees the issue? and stop saying its preseason lol that means nothing to us as we are still using our prime players 0_o

Simple. You don't like what you see, then stop watching, and until this happens when things are actually at stake here and when we're fully healthy, people should and will say that it is pre-season. If we seriously cared about tonight we would have taken Sullinger off Blatche for KG ages ago.
inn the real game KG going to have to rest then as well and we will still be looking for sully to come in right? in a real game we would be looking at lopez and humpries and I dont see that going any better.

And im sure players don't treat games as "its just the preseason" This is what they love to do and they will play hard regardless (see J green)

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
I will also add that if we were blowing teams out by 50pts in the preseason you would feel like we was the best team in the league.

yall make it seem like we can't evaluate our team because it is the preseason when in fact that's what the preseason is for 0_o

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Likin Sully.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
collins worse then JO lol. He the only player in the NBA that I have seen who don't leave the ground lol

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
SUlly is a 20 year old rookie , played only 2 years of college.  The fact he comes in and does what he can do as  20 round pick ) is pretty amazing stuff. He is nearly as good as Bass or better right out of the box , and is 6-7 years younger with ZERO NBA experience but this preseason stuff.

fact that he comes in adds something very postive to the team at this point is great .
We would be in alot worst shape without the kid.

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
lol 3rd unit had no Point Guard like wat i see from da starters Jeff Green nd Bass

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
I'm not sure I liked Doc putting the entire third string in for the last two minutes.

All they did was cough up a 10 point lead and lose the game. Would have done nothing but destroy confidence for those guys.

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
I'm not sure I liked Doc putting the entire third string in for the last two minutes.

All they did was cough up a 10 point lead and lose the game. Would have done nothing but destroy confidence for those guys.
I agree that would have killed my spirt and be afraid to come off the bench. Once those fans boo you ugg that has to be the worse feeling

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 10:14:09 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Simple. You don't like what you see, then stop watching, and until this happens when things are actually at stake here and when we're fully healthy, people should and will say that it is pre-season. If we seriously cared about tonight we would have taken Sullinger off Blatche for KG ages ago.
inn the real game KG going to have to rest then as well and we will still be looking for sully to come in right? in a real game we would be looking at lopez and humpries and I dont see that going any better.

And im sure players don't treat games as "its just the preseason" This is what they love to do and they will play hard regardless (see J green)

I do because the Celtics wouldn't really put a frontcourt lineup of Sullinger, Bass, and Green together in a real game. For whatever reason I just don't think Doc would ever do that in a real game, considering all three of those guys are undersized 4s. All the pre-season is at this point is just experimentation of what lineups work and what lineups don't.

Guess what? The 2007 Patriots went 2-2 in the pre-season, and the 2008 Lions went 4-0 in the pre-season, and what happened to them?

Pre-season indicates NOTHING.

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 10:17:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Doc wasn't coaching this game, Armand Hill was. I'm sure he had minute mandates for everyone, this being back-to-back and all.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
SUlly is a 20 year old rookie , played only 2 years of college.  The fact he comes in and does what he can do as  20 round pick ) is pretty amazing stuff. He is nearly as good as Bass or better right out of the box , and is 6-7 years younger with ZERO NBA experience but this preseason stuff.

fact that he comes in adds something very postive to the team at this point is great .
We would be in alot worst shape without the kid.

watching him, you wouldn't know hes a rookie..he just looks natural out there..compare that to our other Rookies

he's going to be a nice contributer this year. you cant have enough skilled bigs in the NBA

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 10:30:47 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I wasn't able to watch the game. Anything of note? So I guess folks aren't questioning Sully like last night?

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:30 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
I wasn't able to watch the game. Anything of note? So I guess folks aren't questioning Sully like last night?

Pierce and Garnett looked great. I liked a lot of stuff that Sully did aswell.

We should have won that game by quite a decent margin but a lot of lineup experimentation kind of killed the flow of the game from a celtics perspective. Especially the mass substitution for the last two minutes.

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Sully looks like a rookie who can make a contribution as a role player right away. Otherwise, there was a lot more cohesion and Doc let the far end bench players bumble away the lead at the end.  Mostly positive, but there's going to a lot of growing pains.