Author Topic: If u can go back in time and make 1 change to Danny's summer, what do u change?  (Read 23752 times)

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'm thinking the surprise might come from Micah Downs...
If he can play strong defense, I think he could make the team!
I want to see him play more in the coming games...

I guess anything is possible . . . except maybe for Micah Downs' chances of making the Boston Celtics.  That's right up there with flying pigs.
After this game, I can say we are getting closer at getting our first look at flying pigs my friend!!
Micah Downs played extremely well and with a little bit of luck could have been the difference maker down the stretch! Good rebounder, knock down shooter and can defend the 2, 3 and 4 positions depending on match ups..!
I would personally pick Micah Downs instead of Kris Joseph as our 3rd string back up SF...

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Not going back to read the entire thread but the the change I would make is not signing Bass.  I understand we would not have been able to repurpose his money on anyone else, but with sully and green on the roster, I see bass and nothing more than a bit player.  I fear there will be chemistry problems down the road with him on the roster.

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
It's been mentioned before, but I would have most definitely drafted Perry Jones over Fab Melo. I understand the logic that in a few years, Fab could be a valuable piece if he develops nicely. And if that is the case, he could be a very valuable trade chip. But that is so far away from happening, and I just think that Jones would have been able to play immediately and contribute to this team. 

All in all it was a great offseason for the Celtics, but that would be my only change. I would have also liked to see a decent backup PG to Rondo, but I don't think that is a very big issue right now.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I guess anything is possible . . . except maybe for Micah Downs' chances of making the Boston Celtics.  That's right up there with flying pigs.
After this game, I can say we are getting closer at getting our first look at flying pigs my friend!!
Micah Downs played extremely well and with a little bit of luck could have been the difference maker down the stretch! Good rebounder, knock down shooter and can defend the 2, 3 and 4 positions depending on match ups..!
I would personally pick Micah Downs instead of Kris Joseph as our 3rd string back up SF...

I too was impressed with Micah Downs' play last night.  If it comes down to Micah Downs or Kris Joseph, though, I feel pretty certain that Danny will stick with the guy he drafted.

Downs is certainly helping himself out with his play, and possibly giving himself a chance to get picked up by another team somewhere. 

The pigs aren't flying just yet. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I too was impressed with Micah Downs' play last night.  If it comes down to Micah Downs or Kris Joseph, though, I feel pretty certain that Danny will stick with the guy he drafted.

Downs is certainly helping himself out with his play, and possibly giving himself a chance to get picked up by another team somewhere. 

The pigs aren't flying just yet.
Yeah, I've benn surprised by his athleticism.  I guess I'm stereotyping.  Anyway, downs intrigues me.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Not going back to read the entire thread but the the change I would make is not signing Bass.  I understand we would not have been able to repurpose his money on anyone else, but with sully and green on the roster, I see bass and nothing more than a bit player.  I fear there will be chemistry problems down the road with him on the roster.

I'd agree with this , if Sully was an absolute shoe in as starter.  With bass wanting to return, and already comfortable with his teammates , would have been risky if Sully doesn't work out .

I'f trade Bass for Josh Smith in a heartbeat.

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

I'd agree with this , if Sully was an absolute shoe in as starter.  With bass wanting to return, and already comfortable with his teammates , would have been risky if Sully doesn't work out .

I'f trade Bass for Josh Smith in a heartbeat.

Me too!! Would trade Bass plus future first rounder plus complementary piece for Josh Smith in a heartbeat!
We need a KG level defender on weak side help and pick n roll when KG is out! Our +/- without KG are ridiculous! Doc system needs a KG type defender and JSmoove is the best option here!

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
summer?
 :P

edit... modify that..... 3 summers?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I am so happy and excited to see this great team start kicking asses around the league and given my despair at the end of last year, I can't thank Danny enough for reviving us with his amazing summer moves!
That being said, Let's say you are Danny Ainge and can go back in time to early summer and make one and only one change to the roster we currently have, which player or what change would you make knowing what we know after a mere 2 preseason games..??
You can be creative but please stay within reasonable possibilities...

Given your name...perhaps luring Didier Drogba away from China....Cat can score  :P

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?