Author Topic: Worried about Doc's use of JTerry  (Read 6947 times)

Re: Worried about Doc's use of JTerry
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I was kind of thinking the same as well.

He might not get his shots and/or ample playing time to be effective with this crowded back court.

AB has to play PG, i guess.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'm wondering if Doc is considering cutting down on Rondo's regular season minutes.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
I'm wondering if Doc is considering cutting down on Rondo's regular season minutes.
Rondo playing 37 minutes a night seems about right. He's our best player and he should stay on the court longer than others. 37 minutes a game is not a high number for a 26 year old. CP3 and D-Will both played 36 minutes a game last year fyi and they're both older than Rondo.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I'd like to see Pierce stay up around 33 minutes.

I'd bet my pretzels that this does not happen.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I think he is definitely considering cutting down his minutes.  Rondo is our best player.  We need to make sure that he is full-tilt in the playoffs.  That means when we have those back-to-back games with overnight flights, do not be surprised to see him get lots of time on the bench.

If there is anything this board should have learned over the past few seasons, it is that the regular season performance and record of this team is meaningless, and that Doc only cares about keeping the team healthy for the postseason.

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
We had some of this problem with Nate Robinson too.  So concerned about fitting into the team concept that he lost a lot of his aggressiveness.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 12:55:53 AM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

Then you have obviously never seen Javall McGee play the game of basketball before.

Pierce however is going nowhere and it is ludacris to put together a proposal involving him... Plus Smith would be an amazing addition to this team and I could see him coming here at some point this season with the depth and assets we have to get hime.

Anyway, to address the OP. I am worried about having too many guards in the mix and having too much depth however, like someone stated its not a bad problem to have...

The problem I see is that Pierce and Green are both great players and both deserve 30 minutes or more a game. With Doc liking the lineup of Pierce at the 2 and Green at the three with an already log jammed back court, thats where I see the problem is going to be. How are we going to give Rondo, Lee, Terry, Bradley (when healthy) Pierce, Green, Bass, KG the 30+ minutes a game they deserve while also giving Barbosa, Sully, and Darko the 15 to 20 minutes they deserve and also fitting in a healthy Chris Wilcox or Colling 5 to 10 minutes a game. There arent enough minutes to go around for this squad.

Minor nitpick that only adds to your point, but unless Barbosa has suffered a major injury that I don't know about, he too also "deserves" 30 MPG. He's proven it before, and he's not old at all. Give him the minutes, and he'll produce. His per36 number's haven't dropped at all the last few years, and he has suffered (decreased FG%) more from poor offensive systems/lack of quality PG play. Give him a chance to run again like in Phoenix (Rondo is definitely capable of this), and hopefully his FG% goes back to what it was.

It's all speculation on my part, but we don't know Terry or Lee that well either! It's a good problem to have...I hope.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 02:01:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Then you have obviously never seen Javall McGee play the game of basketball before.

Pierce however is going nowhere and it is ludacris to put together a proposal involving him... Plus Smith would be an amazing addition to this team and I could see him coming here at some point this season with the depth and assets we have to get hime.

Anyway, to address the OP. I am worried about having too many guards in the mix and having too much depth however, like someone stated its not a bad problem to have...

The problem I see is that Pierce and Green are both great players and both deserve 30 minutes or more a game. With Doc liking the lineup of Pierce at the 2 and Green at the three with an already log jammed back court, thats where I see the problem is going to be. How are we going to give Rondo, Lee, Terry, Bradley (when healthy) Pierce, Green, Bass, KG the 30+ minutes a game they deserve while also giving Barbosa, Sully, and Darko the 15 to 20 minutes they deserve and also fitting in a healthy Chris Wilcox or Colling 5 to 10 minutes a game. There arent enough minutes to go around for this squad.

Minor nitpick that only adds to your point, but unless Barbosa has suffered a major injury that I don't know about, he too also "deserves" 30 MPG. He's proven it before, and he's not old at all. Give him the minutes, and he'll produce. His per36 number's haven't dropped at all the last few years, and he has suffered (decreased FG%) more from poor offensive systems/lack of quality PG play. Give him a chance to run again like in Phoenix (Rondo is definitely capable of this), and hopefully his FG% goes back to what it was.

It's all speculation on my part, but we don't know Terry or Lee that well either! It's a good problem to have...I hope.

Agreed. Probably because I had no idea Barbosa was only 29. I feel like he is a 35 year old vet thats been in the league for 15 years. Surprised he is coming to us for a limited role, if any playtime, and a vet min contract.