Author Topic: GSW Go on a 35-0 run against Lakers in 1st preseason game  (Read 7742 times)

Re: GSW Go on a 35-0 run against Lakers in 1st preseason game
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Celtics lost their first preseason game, Heat lost their first preseason game. Completely inconsequential.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Without Dwight or Kobie they are vulnerable. I don't think Kobie will make it through the whole season and back surgery is not a 100% guaranteed procedure - so yes they are vulnerable.

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Celtics lost their first preseason game, Heat lost their first preseason game. Completely inconsequential.

I think it's more fair to say the games didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.  The Lakers bench sucks and the Celtics no longer have the overwhelming talent to just show up and beat people.  5 years ago, KG and Ray and Paul could just win games by being better than the other team's stars.  That's not the case any more.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Play by play of the game on ESPN shows that neither Kobe nor Artest nor Nash nor Gasol nor Howard played during the entire third quarter where the 35-0 run occurred. Players that were on the floor include Greg Somogyi, Devin Ebanks, Robert Sacre, Darius Morris, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill and Earl Clark.

Not exactly the players I think of when I think of the Lakers giving up a 35-0 run.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

nononononononono no.... you've obviously missed the shining truth here.

celtics are great and their loss is due to them traveling, not speaking turkish, or the stars being out of alignment.

miami and LA lose because they are cooked and dead this season.

get it now?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

nononononononono no.... you've obviously missed the shining truth here.

celtics are great and their loss is due to them traveling, not speaking turkish, or the stars being out of alignment.

miami and LA lose because they are cooked and dead this season.

get it now?  ;D

yup that's exactly what I said....

why don't you try discussing the actual topic(Nash defense and lack of a bench) instead of acting childish in every thread?

I think the Lakers will be in the finals, but was just saying they aren't unstoppable.

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Play by play of the game on ESPN shows that neither Kobe nor Artest nor Nash nor Gasol nor Howard played during the entire third quarter where the 35-0 run occurred. Players that were on the floor include Greg Somogyi, Devin Ebanks, Robert Sacre, Darius Morris, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill and Earl Clark.

Not exactly the players I think of when I think of the Lakers giving up a 35-0 run.

Robert Sacre is, currently, the closest thing LA has to a real back-up center.  Jamison, Hill, Ebanks and Clark are the leading candidates to be the first wing or big off the bench.  Chris Duhon and Jodie Meeks were also -20 during their time on the court.  Steve Nash played less than 32 minutes a game last season.  The last time he was in the playoffs, Nash averaged less than 34 minutes a game and that was 3 years ago.  Last season, CP3 and Westbrook both averaged over 38 minutes a game in the playoffs and Rondo averaged over 42.

Of course, pre-season means next to nothing.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

It's pre-season. It means nothing.

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I guess I should elaborate. The OP knew it was pre-season and felt he should mention this, but I'm sick of finding excuses to talk about the Lakers. What's done is done, and we frankly shouldn't have to talk about them until the Celtics actually play them.

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 05:52:03 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I hope the Heat and the Lakers continue playing at this level.

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 04:23:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The key for the Lakers will be there top unit staying healthy, and being able to shorten the rotation enough during the playoffs to make it not matter.  It's preseason, but this is noteworthy because during the offseason, the major flaw of the Lakers was believed to be depth, and this is certainly corroborating evidence.