Author Topic: Bobby V Replacement?  (Read 3067 times)

Bobby V Replacement?
« on: October 05, 2012, 11:44:47 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Alright guys, pretty simple, who are you looking to replace Bobby V?  For me, as long as it's not Jason Varitek, I'll be okay with.
do it

Re: Bobby V Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
No chance its Varitek, they have been very clear he is not a candidate. 

I feel pretty confident it will be Farrell.  And who can't get excited by replacing the coach of the 5th place team in the AL East with the coach of the 4th place team?  Our savior!

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Tito.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Until recently, the Sox Managerial job would have been a premier position.  I guess there is no where to go but up after this season but I wonder if this is still the job everyone is going to want.

I have heard Mike Scioscia's name and if he is availble, I would take him although more recent reports indicate he isn't going anywhere.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-manager-mike-scioscia-gm-jerry-dipoto-relationship-conflict-092112

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Until recently, the Sox Managerial job would have been a premier position.  I guess there is no where to go but up after this season but I wonder if this is still the job everyone is going to want.

I have heard Mike Scioscia's name and if he is availble, I would take him although more recent reports indicate he isn't going anywhere.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-manager-mike-scioscia-gm-jerry-dipoto-relationship-conflict-092112

I don't think Scioscia is a good fit here.  Also hearing some bad things about Farrel up in Toronto.  Lack of accountability in the clubhouse etc..  I would rather go with an unkown guy.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:13:36 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

I don't think Scioscia is a good fit here.  Also hearing some bad things about Farrel up in Toronto.  Lack of accountability in the clubhouse etc..  I would rather go with an unkown guy.

I'm starting to lean towards a guy like Bill Mueller.  He's well respected here, his ego shouldn't be too big.  It's definitely taking a chance, but we have so many issues that are going to take a few years to fix that it may be the right time to take a chance. As important as the managers job is, I think pitching coach is just as important for the Sox next year.  I know Dave Duncan took a leave of absence last year due to his wife having cancer.  I'm not sure on his contract situation, but I'd love the Sox to go after him.
do it

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I'm starting to lean towards a guy like Bill Mueller.  He's well respected here, his ego shouldn't be too big.  It's definitely taking a chance, but we have so many issues that are going to take a few years to fix that it may be the right time to take a chance. As important as the managers job is, I think pitching coach is just as important for the Sox next year.  I know Dave Duncan took a leave of absence last year due to his wife having cancer.  I'm not sure on his contract situation, but I'd love the Sox to go after him.

I love me some Billy Mueller, Would certainly increase the value of my Bill Mueller signed baseball sitting in my cubicle.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Guy I would love to see hired but won't be is Brad Ausmus. He's a local guy. He was a catcher in the bigs. He was an 18 year vet. He's Dartmouth educated. He's intelligent and a heck of a nice guy. He knows his baseball as well. He's currently working with the GM in San Diego.

Honestly doubt he gets a shot here though.

And at this point I think I would rather have Will Ferrell coaching this team than John Farrell.