Author Topic: Celtics at Fenerbahce Ulker 10/5  (Read 30796 times)

Re: Celtics at Fenerbahce Ulker 10/5
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Fab will be good one day, hes a rookie barely been playing any BB long I remember the debbie downers giving AB a ruff time in the posts.

« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
im gettin texts bout da game so can i get a breakdown cuz i missed it since i was at work im assuming da starters aint play heavy minutes

« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2012, 08:33:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Fab will be good one day, hes a rookie barely been playing any BB long I remember the debbie downers giving AB a ruff time in the posts.
Guilty

« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
You guys can stop talking about Melo right now.  The guy is overrated.  So stop it.  He sucks

Oh, look. It's the...

All i'm saying was for someone majority of people was pulling to start alongside KG, he sucks.  Even for a rookie, the guys sucks.  He's got a long way to go.  D-League it is

Way to not overreact.  The guy played 9 minutes in the first game of the preseason for crying out loud.  What did you expect, 6 points, 5 rebs and 3 blocks within that span of time?

What I saw was an extremely athletic and mobile 7 footer who has the ability to protect the paint.  Whether or not he develops into a quality NBA center remains to be seen, but I liked what I saw.  Give Fab a chance to adjust to the speed of the game and get comfortable with the C's defensive system before you pass judgment.

« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The game is being replayed a lot on the NBA network. I'm watching it right now on NESN. Scal is awesome. I love him. He finally found his calling

« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Guilty

Had my moments too. Now AB is one of my favorite players.

I'm a FAB FAN ... ;D

Like all three rookies better than the last two .

« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Guilty

Had my moments too. Now AB is one of my favorite players.

I'm a FAB FAN ... ;D

Like all three rookies better than the last two .
I skewered him when he was 19 and now he's maybe my third best fantasy player on my keeper team

« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2012, 02:35:55 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
You guys can stop talking about Melo right now.  The guy is overrated.  So stop it.  He sucks

Oh, look. It's the...

All i'm saying was for someone majority of people was pulling to start alongside KG, he sucks.  Even for a rookie, the guys sucks.  He's got a long way to go.  D-League it is

Way to not overreact.  The guy played 9 minutes in the first game of the preseason for crying out loud.  What did you expect, 6 points, 5 rebs and 3 blocks within that span of time?

What I saw was an extremely athletic and mobile 7 footer who has the ability to protect the paint.  Whether or not he develops into a quality NBA center remains to be seen, but I liked what I saw.  Give Fab a chance to adjust to the speed of the game and get comfortable with the C's defensive system before you pass judgment.

I did not want Fab. I wanted PJ3. But I will say Fab, while raw is not a stiff out there and I thought he would be. He's right where he should be given his circumstance. He still has a lot to learn but unless you're not looking you have to see the flashes. Just give the kid time. He's got plenty of it. He just needs experience; minutes. Let him go up to Maine and play 30+ mpg and learn and make mistakes and learn from those mistakes. Now is nowhere near the time to worry about him.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
four words: Green was a monster
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Agree with all of the above regarding Fab Melo - how can you say he's garbage?

Firstly, most players reach their peak at around 27-28 years of age - Fab is only 22.  He has a good five years to learn the fundamentals, and three of those five years are set to be spent alongside Mr Garnett himself.

Secondly, I only needed to see the first 2-3 minutes Fab spend on the court to see that he is a bit of an athletic freak.  This guy is about 7'0" / 260 lbs and has the quickness and leaping ability of a small forward.

Looking at his length and athleticism I feel like Fab is going to become JaVale McGee at worst.  As best he's somewhere between Roy Hibbert and Tyson Chandler, but with more athleticsm then both.

Honestly, when I see Fab play I see a guy who has all the attributes needed to be a top 10 center in this league, but just doesn't know how to make use of it.  With the right teacher as long as he's eager to learn (which he very much seems to be) I think he's going to pick things up a LOT quicker than people think. 

By midway through the season it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's already finding ways to contribute.

« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Watched whole game.
Not many games I watch the Celtics lose , I come away feeling happy at the end for everything else the C's got going.

For the Celtics to win big this year Jeff Green is GOING to have to be in the game playin big minutes with Pierce. Green was James Worthy like that last period. He freakin took over.  I was in awe.

EVERYTIME , the ball is comming off the rim /or backboard  SULLY is there  grabbing and shoving, postioning himself for the ball. My god !this was so refreshing to see.  He is so fun to watch work, he kid loves to battle. Wow .Sully's play is a drug for Doc , he can't get enough ...he's gonna get minutes. How can you NOT play a kid working this hard ????

Darko impressed me.  He is SO UNLIKE the fragile J O' NEAL we had. He is built like a bulldozer and people bounce off him.  He looks happy and at home on the Celtics.  He isn't expected to carry the team , just do a job in the paint.  He gives us that Perk in the paint deal we missed .

If we had had Avery , play Jeff Green another 10 minutes,  we destroy this team with KG sitting on the bench watching.

Fab's block was a Howard like sky block . The Kid has the tools, is super quick on his feet, he just needs the court time and practice to put it all together.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:11:10 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2012, 10:37:24 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
The best part about that block was it went right to a team mate.  I'd like to believe he planned it that way, instead of hitting as far as he could into the stands like some other guys like to do...

« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2012, 11:00:11 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Am I the only one that wasn't overly impressed with the block?

I mean compared to just last year with Stiemsma?  That kid had some of the dirtiest blocks I've seen in a long time on this team (and very rarely sent out of bounds).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

I mean compared to just last year with Stiemsma?  That kid had some of the dirtiest blocks I've seen in a long time on this team (and very rarely sent out of bounds).
Your point is?  As I said in chat last night, I really liked Steamer, too, but he got more money than the Celts could/would offer him and is where he wants to be...closer to his home.  Personally, I am really happy that Greg Stiemsma found a good situation for himself. 

In the meantime, for the future, and possibly nearer future than I originally thought, I really like Fab.  He is only 20, moves extremely well, is very long with good insticts, and I  hope and believe that he will mature into an excellent center for the Celtics. 

I loved Ray, too...but he is no longer a Celtic either, and I am going to hope that his replacements are as good as, or better (as of now I believe we are actually improving the line up, just on versatility alone).

That takes nothing away from either ex celtic.  Just like Perk, I wll always have a soft spot and follow them out of the corner of my eye...but the Celtics are my main focus.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I thought Steamer sent quite a few blocks into the stands.