Author Topic: Celtics at EA7 Emporio Armani Milano 10/7  (Read 23866 times)

Re: Celtics at EA7 Emporio Armani Milano 10/7
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2012, 04:08:16 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
From @RedsArmy_John:

Hey... to whomever started that "Sullinger has a bad back" stuff before the draft...... thanks
I bet it was Danny Ainge who started it.

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
In the ORL-NOH game, one of the guys (I don't know their names) just said he thinks "Miami is going to blow by the East". Wasn't that what they said last year, too? And then they "blew by" us in seven games. The Heat love fest is getting old, really fast. Yes, Miami is the champion but they still have to win the games. I repeat: They still have to win the games. I hope we kick their sorry behinds on opening night. I really hope we take them behind the shed and kick them senseless.

Lets see what they do with Darko and KG in at the same time or Green and Lee on LeBron and Wade. Chris Bosh will be a non-factor. Is a whole new ball game. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis don't scare me.

Agreed. We are much more versatile than we were last season.

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2012, 04:39:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
In the ORL-NOH game, one of the guys (I don't know their names) just said he thinks "Miami is going to blow by the East". Wasn't that what they said last year, too? And then they "blew by" us in seven games. The Heat love fest is getting old, really fast. Yes, Miami is the champion but they still have to win the games. I repeat: They still have to win the games. I hope we kick their sorry behinds on opening night. I really hope we take them behind the shed and kick them senseless.

Lets see what they do with Darko and KG in at the same time or Green and Lee on LeBron and Wade. Chris Bosh will be a non-factor. Is a whole new ball game. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis don't scare me.

Agreed. We are much more versatile than we were last season.

And healthy looking from the get go. 

Lord ...thinking back to JO playing center...seems like a BAD DREAM  ::)

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This team, is scary, scary in that good lord, there's players everywhere!  I LOVE IT!  Now that stern and the refs have given Miami a title, I just pray that they let the teams play it out this year, if so,,,goood gawd we gettin another ring!

« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
watchin da rerun outta da last 3 guys battling for da spot Christmas has been da most impressive in limited minutes

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
From @RedsArmy_John:

Hey... to whomever started that "Sullinger has a bad back" stuff before the draft...... thanks
I bet it was Danny Ainge who started it.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Wow!!

I just had a look at the stats for this game:

Rondo:
17 pts, 6 ass, 4 reb, 7-10 FG, 24 mins

Pierce:
14 pts, 3 reb, 16 mins

Sullinger:
9 pts, 7reb (3 off), 1 blk, 16mins

Terry:
11 pts, 2 reb, 3 ass, 2 stl, 3-5 3pt, 27 mins

Green:
17 pts, 3 reb, 3-3 3pt, 24 mins

Lee:
11 pts 2 reb, 4-5 FG, 18 mins

Bass:
11 pts, 8 reb, 5-5 FG, 24 mins

Milicic:
2 pts, 9 reb, 4 blk, 3 ass, 18 min

Christmas:
9 pts, 4 reb, 4-6 FG, 9 min

First thing I thought after seeing those numbers is [dang] we are deep!!  Then I remembered that this is without Bradley and Wilcox. Wholy crap!

Things that have impressed me so far...

Terry
He's shot 6-8 from three over the first two games, and the only two shots he missed were contested ones. 

I think Ray is better at hitting tough threes (highly contested or off ballance) but with wide open three's I always found he was a bit streaky...he'd shoot 5-7 one day and then 2-8 the next.  Terry on open threes seems automatic no matter where on the perimeter he's shooting from.

Terry also does seem more aggressive taking it to the rim - he hasn't done it often in the first two games, but when he does he's stronger and more explosive than Ray.

Green
So far Jeff has proven he can be an inside/outside threat, and that depending on matchups he's just as comfortable attacking the rim as he is spotting up from outside.

In the first game his points came almost exclusively in the paint off penetration, while today he shot 3-3 from outside.

He's also shown an ability to get to the line, taking a 10 free throw attempts over the first two games.

While most were criticising Green I always expected all of the above...but what I didn't expect is that he's shown he's capable of playing a Point-Forward role (ala Odom/Lebron), which is a side I didn't know he had in him.

Lee
In the first game Lee looked a little nervious.  He clearly moved well and looked very athletic out there, but he seemd a step behind on defense at times and his shot wasn't falling.

Today he looked much better on both ends of the court, and I was really happy with what I saw from him.

I really expected Lee to be nothing more than a spot up shooter (like a big Eddie House) but he's really surprised me with his ability to penetrate and attack off the dribble. He's much more athletic than I thought, and combined with Rondo and Bradley we are going to have a LOT of options attacking the rim.

He also seems like a nice ball handler and looks like he could spend some time at the point if need be, which is another aspect I hadn't expected from him.  I'm starting to like this kid!

Sullinger
So far Sullinger looks to be exactly the player we all expected/hoped he would be - he's delivered exactly what the scouting reports c0laimed.

He's clearly the best offensive rebounder we have right now (grabbing 8 offensive boards in the first two games) and qhite possibly the best offensive rebouder we've had in the big 3 era.

As per the scouting reports he seems to struggle to score against much taller defenders, but when he's up against somebody his size or smaller he is automatic in the low post.

He has excellent patience, very good hands (he's caught a few of Rondo's bullet passes) and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. 

Defense seems to be his biggest weakness, but already he's shown signs of improvement today and towards the end of yesterdays game.  I think once he gets used to the defensive schemes he'll be fine.

The low post presense and offensive rebounding are two things we have been DESPERATELY needing for as long as I can remember, and I think he's going to be a critical part of the roation going forward.

Milicic
I was one of the guys hoping and praying we wouldn't sign this crazy man, but so far he has seriously impressed me with his play. 

Milicic has averaged 7.5 rebounds, 3 blocks and 1.5 assists in 17 minutes over the first two games. 

He's also surprised me with his passing ability - this guy has thrown some impressive full-court passes and one or two couple behind-the-back ones that were right on point.

I don't even care if he's averaged only 2 poins on 25% shooting over those games...if he can give us even CLOSE to those rebounding and shotblocking numbers (while making a couple of nice passes) over a full season he will be a steal, and a critical part of this team.

KG will be able to rest more comfortably knowing that Darko can control the defensive boards and protect the pain while he's takng a breather. 

Rondo
In the first two games Rondo has shot 8-8 from the free throw line, 2-3 from the three point line and seems to have hit almost every midrange jumper he's taken.

Not only is he making the shots, but they don't seem like flukes either - he's been getting nothing but net on most of them, and he looks confident taking the shot and fluid with his stroke. 

If Rondo can shoot like this (or even close to this) conistently I can genuinely see him averaging 17/12/5 this year and becoming a definate MVP candidate. 

Rondo also looks more mature our there - he has a certain calm about him that I don't remember seeing in the past.  I think he's going to have a massive year.

Overall, with Green, Sullinger and Darko stepping up the way they have...I can see this become the first transition year into the new generation. 

KG and Pierce will still be the primary options for this team, but I can see them taking a small step back in terms of minutes played and possessions used this year with so many offensive weapons out there on the court.