Author Topic: Start Darko?  (Read 8285 times)

Re: Start Darko?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Doc is preparing for Miami. The entire team has their mind on Miami in fact. How do we match up with them? Play small ball
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
naw he won't start. At least not at the beginning of the year.

Starting lineup

C - KG
PF - Bass or Green (green looks great thus far)
SF - Pierce
SG - Lee (until bradley comesback)
PG - Rondo

First off the bench

first wave = pf - Bass or Green  and g - Terry and Lee
second wave = C - Darko and F - Sullinger

Keep the bench warm

C - Collins/Melo
G - Xmas (will make the team)
F - Joseph

Rivers will have a big headache eventually to mix and match the lineup depending who they play or who is hot and cold

Example you could have a 2nd unit of

C- Sullinger
pf - Green
SF - Lee
SG - Terry
PG - Rondo

or

C - Darko
pf - Wilcox
sf - Pierce
sg - Lee
pg - Terry

Doc needs to trust his bench alot more than he has the few past years and give pp and kg legit resting times. Also you can't play rondo 35 plus minutes so many games anymore

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Doc is preparing for Miami. The entire team has their mind on Miami in fact. How do we match up with them? Play small ball

Matching up with Miami by going small probably isn't going to work.  Using size to score on them, and then figuring out how to match up with them at the other end and not getting that size exploited might work, however. 

That's why I like Sully as an answer, assuming he will be ready to play at a high level this season.  He's big enough to get work done inside, but should be nimble enough to guard guys on the perimeter.  he also can become a bit of a banger, providing some paint muscle that the Cs didn't have last season. 

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Again, it makes no sense to start Darko.  This team has too many talented players who can play power forward in Sullinger, Green, and Bass.  All starting Darko does is give them less time. 

The far better plan is to start KG at center and if Darko keeps this up when he actually plays against NBA competition, we can be happy that we finally have a quality backup center who can play 20 minutes per night. 

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
the obsession with pushing KG back to the 4 spot needs to stop. its not happening.

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
the obsession with pushing KG back to the 4 spot needs to stop. its not happening.

This. KG gave us an edge at the 5. We're not taking that away even if he's playing out of position.

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 08:15:33 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
It really is simple IMO. If Darko earns a starting spot (not likely) then he starts. I think it is much more likely he is coming off the bench as KG's primary backup at the 5, especially if Wilcox doesnt get healthy soon.

I would much rather see Sullinger (based on recent performance) earn the starting PF slot later this season and push Bass to the bench. Sullinger could likely give us the post play and rebounding next to KG that we need for our starting unit.

Brandon Bass will eventually make a better compliment to Darko (or Wilcox) on the second unit with his jump shot and hustle. He will also be a very effective compliment to Jeff Green, giving our second unit offense another shooter.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:22:28 PM by billysan »
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Darko starts when he beats KG out for the spot which is not likely to happen.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
On the 2nd game of a back to back to save some tread on KG? 

Sure

Out side of that and injury, no.

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
He doesnt move well enough to supplant KG. Start alongside KG? Maybe, doubt it though.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku