Author Topic: NBA video on penalization of various Flops  (Read 2608 times)

NBA video on penalization of various Flops
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
http://dmmx2.nba.com/videourlredirect?&project=/bballops/bballops_Flopping_Video_10_3_12

This link will open right in windows media player.

It shows specific example of flops that will be penalized as well as examples that won't be penalized.

Re: NBA video on penalization of various Flops
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

AHAHAHA the Clippers show up every two examples  ;D

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
That whole thing was hilarious and it was pretty subjective

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I a weird way I like flops , its like...if you an't cheatin ..then you an't try n . 

FLops are funny too. Especially Lebron flops .  he is such a sorry actor.  Pierce is a great flopper, I would miss his flops.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
It was kinda funny when they kept saying "The flopping and embellishment is not consistent with the contact"

Oh really? Do ya think? You mean you aren't buying that a 7ft guy got thrown by a 6ft 1 guy? For shame.

It's pretty interesting to me how many players are coming out against this. It's almost like they're a bunch of pretty boys or something. What? The NBA? Nooooo. Those guys would neeevvveeerrr try to take the easy way out.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I also guarantee the Heat were on the phone in two seconds to Stern saying "You weren't serious about that D Wade thing where he stuck out his leg right?" and I guarantee Stern said "Hold on. Let me stop shoveling for a second. No. No that wasn't serious. You don't have anything to worry about".  Then the Heat were like "Good. Tell that video guy to change it". And Stern said..."Oh. Yeah. You won't have to worry about him again. Look I got to get back to some shoveling. I've got an NBA draft to rig, Donaghy to murder, and the NFL to frame for it. Frankly, I'm bushed". 

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 07:44:38 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I thought it gave pretty good examples.

Especially identifying how the Deng example was a basketball move and not considered flopping but other over embellishments were.

We'll see how well the league enforces this whether the fine the superstars when they do the "throw the head back" while driving the lane.