Author Topic: Trade for Demarcus Cousins?  (Read 7352 times)

Re: Trade for Demarcus Cousins?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 08:20:30 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Tyreke Evans and Cousins for Rondo.

I wouldn't even do that. I think Rondo is probably a top 10 player in the NBA. It would have to be a Chris Paul (resigned) situation for me to want to move him. I wouldn't even take Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook. That is how high I am on Rondo.

As to Sacramento's need for a starting caliber SF. I would be will to include Green if they take Bass instead of Bradley. Something like Green/Bass for Cousins/Johnson. The $ adds up and Johnson is on his last year so it's not a huge investment (and it really frees up our situation next off-season).

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Cousins isn't coming here unless Rondo is going there.
do it

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 11:22:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Tyreke Evans and Cousins for Rondo.

I wouldn't even do that. I think Rondo is probably a top 10 player in the NBA. It would have to be a Chris Paul (resigned) situation for me to want to move him. I wouldn't even take Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook. That is how high I am on Rondo.

As to Sacramento's need for a starting caliber SF. I would be will to include Green if they take Bass instead of Bradley. Something like Green/Bass for Cousins/Johnson. The $ adds up and Johnson is on his last year so it's not a huge investment (and it really frees up our situation next off-season).

I think that's really overstating the percieved value of our guys, even if you included Bradley, Melo, Sully, AND future picks.

Cousins is primed to be a top 5 frontcourt player in the next year or so, and he is still super young. Nothing outside of a top 5 pick or a probable franchise cornerstone will pry away Cousins. You're talking Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis type players. At least if Sac isn't willing to be swindled.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
When I see Cousins gut out a playoff game (or even play in one) after his elbow has gone 180 degrees I'll call it an over value. And don't give me that "it's his team" reasoning for him not being in the playoffs. I've seen plenty of franchise players drag their teams into the Western Conference playoffs especially in a division with the Clippers the Suns and the Warriors. Talent-wise, or more specifically potential-wise, I'd take Cousins/Evans for Rondo BUT as far as comparing what I know about these players Rondo has the advantage by a grand canyon, oh yeah and he's still trending upward.

So far I've seen Cousins average 16/10 on a lotto team for 2 years. Marcin Gortat's numbers looked like that in Phoenix last season with less shot attempts and I'm not trading Rondo for Gortat. Now don't get me wrong, I know Cousins is 22 and a heck of a lot more talented than Gortat but I'm saying I've seen Rondo put up 44 against Lebron's super team and come back to win a playoff game after his elbow did a back flip. You can call me a homer when Cousins stops making a sad face every time he gets stripped going up lazy for a layup.

Ok maybe that was too harsh :) but really I think Rondo is in the top 10 best players in the NBA and there are a lot of very smart sports writers don't think I'm that far off.

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35
When I see Cousins gut out a playoff game (or even play in one) after his elbow has gone 180 degrees I'll call it an over value. And don't give me that "it's his team" reasoning for him not being in the playoffs. I've seen plenty of franchise players drag their teams into the Western Conference playoffs especially in a division with the Clippers the Suns and the Warriors. Talent-wise, or more specifically potential-wise, I'd take Cousins/Evans for Rondo BUT as far as comparing what I know about these players Rondo has the advantage by a grand canyon, oh yeah and he's still trending upward.

So far I've seen Cousins average 16/10 on a lotto team for 2 years. Marcin Gortat's numbers looked like that in Phoenix last season with less shot attempts and I'm not trading Rondo for Gortat. Now don't get me wrong, I know Cousins is 22 and a heck of a lot more talented than Gortat but I'm saying I've seen Rondo put up 44 against Lebron's super team and come back to win a playoff game after his elbow did a back flip. You can call me a homer when Cousins stops making a sad face every time he gets stripped going up lazy for a layup.

Ok maybe that was too harsh :) but really I think Rondo is in the top 10 best players in the NBA and there are a lot of very smart sports writers don't think I'm that far off.

Tommy point!