Author Topic: Trade for Demarcus Cousins?  (Read 7357 times)

Trade for Demarcus Cousins?
« on: September 28, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
It's a long shot, I know.

Last season Cousins demanded a trade and was sent home for a game. The Kings announced they wouldn't be trading him but that was likely so his value didn't plummet. Cousins and Evans are toxic together and they'll have to trade one of them. Cousins is a top 10 center in the league and he might be available. Bradley would probably have to be involved and Sullinger as well. I would guess a first rounder or maybe 2 picks.

Let's say

BOS gets Cousins
SAC gets Bradley, Sully and Melo + 1 First-rounder.

Would you do it?

Re: Trade for Demarcus Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Last season Cousins demanded a trade and was sent home for a game. The Kings announced they wouldn't be trading him but that was likely so his value didn't plummet. Cousins and Evans are toxic together and they'll have to trade one of them. Cousins is a top 10 center in the league and he might be available. Bradley would probably have to be involved and Sullinger as well. I would guess a first rounder or maybe 2 picks.

Let's say

BOS gets Cousins

Would you do it?

I'd do it twice.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I do it in a second..wouldnt even get it a thought about saying no..YES
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Toxic together on the court? Or behind the scenes?

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Do it in a heartbeat but why does sactown? I would think bass or green woul have to be thrown in so they could at least get one established young vet.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I really thought with all of the overt Bradley gushing lately that there would be more push back. The salaries match up for our rookies + Bradley.

I'd give up either Bass or Green too if that is what it took. They have the cap space to take on a larger contract for DMC. I'd want to keep Sully or AB but a mixture of 2-3 of Bass/Green/Sully/AB/Melo be fine with me. I'd like to move Bass by mid-season more so than AB or Sully.

The reason SAC does the trade is because Cousins has made it very clear he doesn't want to be there and he's got a terrible attitude in their locker room. They aren't going to get a ton from young teams trying to build because they wouldn't risk their locker room.

I'd also throw in picks :) I have no doubt that DMC will be a franchise player in 2-3 years and I want him here if we can score a deal.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Actually dmc has said repeatedly that he wants to be there, and after (Westphal?) the last coach left, people had good things to say about him. He's got some growing up to do for sure, but he has showed signs he's maturing. W

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:12 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think I would have to say yes...

We'd start Cousins at Center, allowing KG to move to PF.

We then have Bass to back up KG and Collins/Milicic to back up Cousins...plus Cousins is young enough that he can play big minutes, meaning Collins/Milicic would really only need to play 10-12 minutes a night.  Then we still have Wilcox as well.

At guard we still have Rondo, Lee and Terry...plus we could still add one of the young guys we've picked up from summer league. 

The loss of Melo ironically would probably be the one thing we cant really make up for, but with the potential of Cousins you wouldn't really be as concerned - he has the potential to become a top 5 big man in the next couple of years.

Giving up three young guys does make giving up a pick hurt more...it means we can't pick up another young guy throught he draft.

It would be a very, very hard decision for me because you're throwing away three guys (who all have the potenial to be starting calibre guys three years from now) for a single guy with the potential to be a future all star.

In the end I'd probably do it because as I said in another post earlier, solid players win games, but superstars win championships.

Personally, I'd still be happier probably getting Josh Smith, as I don't think we'd need to give up AS much for him as we'd have to for someone with the youth and upside of Cousins.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
No question.

Sign a backup/3rd string PG (even like Bibby) and our rotation would be all set.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
No doubt. I'd probably sweeten the pot even more if need be.

He might be top 5 center (KG, Bynum, Howard, maybe M.Gasol).

What a dynamic group we would trot out with Rondo/Lee/Pierce/KG/DMC with JET, Green and Bass off the bench.

*drool*
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Actually dmc has said repeatedly that he wants to be there, and after (Westphal?) the last coach left, people had good things to say about him. He's got some growing up to do for sure, but he has showed signs he's maturing. W

Yeah, we're about a year too late.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Let's say

BOS gets Cousins

Would you do it?

Those for DMC? In a heartbeat.

The questions are...

A.) Will SacTo agree to it
B.) When they do, when will they move out of town. Because those fans will kick this team out of SacTo if they do this deal.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
SAC should be a trade partner looked at pretty hard. They have a lot of talented young players that could excel on a veteran team. DMC being the No. 1 target, but also a backup PG (Fredette, Thomas). And I bet Jeff Green will be pretty enticing to them because they seriously need a starting quality SF.

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 04:24:12 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
[dang]...I'd do that trade but I wouldn't like it. Bradley, <3 lol

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Tyreke Evans and Cousins for Rondo.