Author Topic: KG: "I don't have Ray Allen's number anymore"  (Read 16223 times)

Re: KG: "I don't have Ray Allen's number anymore"
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
KG is a emotional guy. In other news the Sun is bright.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:28:56 PM by FatjohnReturns »

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
::)

@BrianWindhorst
Ray Allen on Kevin Garnett saying he purposely lost Ray's number: "“It’s a shame. I’m a good person to talk to on the phone.”

Ray's a chump, he puts on this facade of being a great person and true professional and then back stabs his friends and teammates he won a ring with to go be a ring chaser for less money in Miami .

His Ego clearly got in the way , the c's offered him more money and a no trade clause . Rondo, PP and KG were mentioned in trade rumors last year as much as Ray and he is the only one crying about it .

Can't wait to see Bradley and Lee locking him down and Terry taking him off the dribble.

Staticcc, fans have a right to be emotional
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
because the players play on the emotions of the fans and the public to garner the goodwill that they turn into multi-million dollar endorsement deals.

If you do not want fans to get emotional over players acts of betrayal then caution the players to not woo fans with false public personas.

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I am constantly amazed at the amount of ownership that fans feel they have over players and the amount of entitlement.

TP!!! I agree! I don't get it either. It's like players don't have a right to make their own decisions anymore without getting insulted and lambasted by fans. We DO NOT own players; they can do whatever they want!

But whatever, GO CELTICS!!!

Both of you are off.  Fans don't feel that they have "ownership".  But they do feel betrayed when a player leaves a situation for personal betterment.  Fans spend their hard-earned money to watch these players play and cheer them on through thick and thin, on apparrell of these players, etc.

The working class understand the idea of leaving a job for better pay or better situation for their family.  They don't understand leaving a job for less pay to work with different people and in front of different fans. 

If I had a co-worker and he left for a lesser paying job in a situation no better for his family, but left solely because he liked his new co-workers better, I would feel insulted and betrayed too.

Yes I know what you're saying. People can feel upset (I was very upset but I just moved on and focused on the team, is that so hard to do?). We all felt betrayed but a number of fans take it too seriously. I know a couple of people who want Ray to get hurt while playing for the Heat. This applies not just with Ray's situation; we saw people burning Lebron's jerseys when he left and people thinking he's the worst person in the world because of one single decision.

I mean come on, we analyze and dissect their personalities when we don't even know them. They're doing a job, and we should only criticize their games, their talents and everything else related to basketball. People insult their character because they wanted to play for other teams? That's just off.

You Ray Allen's apologists should just give it up already.  You guys aren't making any sense at all and it's just getting really pathetic everyday.  What I find most ironic  is that none of us, the ones p---ed off at Ray, is trying to change you guys' minds.  Its you guys who's going out of your ways to insult the ones who's begrudging Ray for his coward act.

I hate to make the comparison but Ray's apologists sounds like abused wives, who no matter how much they're abused, will always go back to that abusive husband no matter what. 

Us, we, the real humans with real emotions, we can read between the lines and call a spade a spade instead of trying to explain and trying to make sense of a senseless act committed by a backstabber like Ray.

Doc and KG are the only ones to come out with their real emotion bout the issue.  Doc tried as much as possible to conveil it but you could tell he couldn't hold back.  KG being KG, you know he's going to say his mind no matter what and that's what he did here.  But I bet you that in the absence of a camera, what the guy was really saying is **** YOU, RAY.

See I'm not even a Ray Allen apologist, you just assumed I was. I just feel like in general, fans attacking players' characters doesn't make sense whether it be Ray Allen or not. Let's just agree to disagree.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I am constantly amazed at the amount of ownership that fans feel they have over players and the amount of entitlement.

TP!!! I agree! I don't get it either. It's like players don't have a right to make their own decisions anymore without getting insulted and lambasted by fans. We DO NOT own players; they can do whatever they want!

But whatever, GO CELTICS!!!

Both of you are off.  Fans don't feel that they have "ownership".  But they do feel betrayed when a player leaves a situation for personal betterment.  Fans spend their hard-earned money to watch these players play and cheer them on through thick and thin, on apparrell of these players, etc.

The working class understand the idea of leaving a job for better pay or better situation for their family.  They don't understand leaving a job for less pay to work with different people and in front of different fans. 

If I had a co-worker and he left for a lesser paying job in a situation no better for his family, but left solely because he liked his new co-workers better, I would feel insulted and betrayed too.

Yes I know what you're saying. People can feel upset (I was very upset but I just moved on and focused on the team, is that so hard to do?). We all felt betrayed but a number of fans take it too seriously. I know a couple of people who want Ray to get hurt while playing for the Heat. This applies not just with Ray's situation; we saw people burning Lebron's jerseys when he left and people thinking he's the worst person in the world because of one single decision.

I mean come on, we analyze and dissect their personalities when we don't even know them. They're doing a job, and we should only criticize their games, their talents and everything else related to basketball. People insult their character because they wanted to play for other teams? That's just off.

You Ray Allen's apologists should just give it up already.  You guys aren't making any sense at all and it's just getting really pathetic everyday.  What I find most ironic  is that none of us, the ones p---ed off at Ray, is trying to change you guys' minds.  Its you guys who's going out of your ways to insult the ones who's begrudging Ray for his coward act.

I hate to make the comparison but Ray's apologists sounds like abused wives, who no matter how much they're abused, will always go back to that abusive husband no matter what. 

Us, we, the real humans with real emotions, we can read between the lines and call a spade a spade instead of trying to explain and trying to make sense of a senseless act committed by a backstabber like Ray.

Doc and KG are the only ones to come out with their real emotion bout the issue.  Doc tried as much as possible to conveil it but you could tell he couldn't hold back.  KG being KG, you know he's going to say his mind no matter what and that's what he did here.  But I bet you that in the absence of a camera, what the guy was really saying is **** YOU, RAY.

And when did I insult people on this board? tsktsk
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Allen made his bed , blew the C's off to be with his new bff's heros WADE and Lebrick ...

Its up to KG and crew to show him HOW WRONG HE WAS !!!

BEAT THE HEAT !!

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2012, 05:33:07 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Either you're with us or against us. Ray is the enemy.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

@BrianWindhorst
Ray Allen on Kevin Garnett saying he purposely lost Ray's number: "“It’s a shame. I’m a good person to talk to on the phone.”

I Love it.

Let the competition begin!
You know these guys will hate each other's guts this season, but I'm sure they're both respectable enough to leave it on the court.  You can be playing your best friend and wanting him to die a horrible death at the same time.

Professional basketball at its finest.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 08:30:27 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I would add that Ray and Tony Allen both left by choice to seek a 'different' situation.

I have no problems with Tony Allen.  He left Boston for more money and an opportunity at a bigger role - he knew he was never going to get much opportunity to get in the sportlight playing behind Rondo and Allen.

Sure enough he went to Memphis (a team that was no threat to us at the time) and eventually became a starter and a major impact player, then really made a name for himself across the league.

Ray's situation is different - he went to our greatest current rival and did it for less money and potentially a lesser role.

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 08:39:35 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

@BrianWindhorst

I Love it.

Let the competition begin!
You know these guys will hate each other's guts this season, but I'm sure they're both respectable enough to leave it on the court.  You can be playing your best friend and wanting him to die a horrible death at the same time.

Professional basketball at its finest.

'cept for the refs :\

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 02:42:50 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think the funnier question is whether or not Donny Marshall still has Ray's number.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Kevin Garnet: "I don't have Ray's number anymore"
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 11:49:04 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
It seems KG has taken Ray's flee to Miami to heart. And is angry at the fact that Ray left the Celtics

Honestly I love this. KG now knows who the enemy is for the Celtics to destroy the Heat. He is not known for being politically correct, and basically telling Ray "Bring it On"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gRY-keMalNs#!

"I don't have Ray's number anymore. I'm not trying to communicate. I'm just being honest with everybody in here. ... It's just what it is."

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I would add that Ray and Tony Allen both left by choice to seek a 'different' situation.

I have no problems with Tony Allen.  He left Boston for more money and an opportunity at a bigger role - he knew he was never going to get much opportunity to get in the sportlight playing behind Rondo and Allen.

Sure enough he went to Memphis (a team that was no threat to us at the time) and eventually became a starter and a major impact player, then really made a name for himself across the league.

Ray's situation is different - he went to our greatest current rival and did it for less money and potentially a lesser role.

Did he? I thought DA was willing to match the offer? And he was going there under the assumption that he was backing up Mayo/Gay.

Regardless, I agree, with Ray it's completely different. He had a close relationship with the players, organization and city. He made a conscious decision to leave money on the table to walk away from us. I personally think it's good for both parties, but it still went down terribly wrong.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
funny how all this went down
and i really dont think it's ray
who created the drama
he just reacted to it 
it seems ray has moved with his life
and some of the players didnt want to let him go

Ray and KG

star in......

~Love Lost In Boston~

Season Premire

(check local listing for channel and time)

Re: Kevin Garnet: "I don't have Ray's number anymore"
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 09:46:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It seems KG has taken Ray's flee to Miami to heart. And is angry at the fact that Ray left the Celtics

Honestly I love this. KG now knows who the enemy is for the Celtics to destroy the Heat. He is not known for being politically correct, and basically telling Ray "Bring it On"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gRY-keMalNs#!

"I don't have Ray's number anymore. I'm not trying to communicate. I'm just being honest with everybody in here. ... It's just what it is."
TP for you for posting the video (again perhaps). When you see his comments in context, it is more understandable.  KG said he is close to Ray and his family.  My take is that he is saying Ray is the enemy now, during the regular season and playoffs, and therefore there is no reason to communicate with him.  This fits perfectly with KG's general approach of total focus and intensity.  He said he wishes Ray well.

This whole thread is making a bigger deal out of these comments than necessary.